Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2

Well at the end of the day Jake Long and Matt Ryan will still have the same amount of playoff wins.

Aaron Rodgers first 3 playoff games: 10 TDs

As fellow Dolphins fans I know what you're thinking.... what's a playoff game?

With the help we needed at Corner and on special teams really upset we didn't spend a 7th round pick or try to bring Sam Shields in as an undrafted free agent. Kid has been getting better every week in the NFL. Could have used his speed too.

I'm not gonna beat Saban up for not drafting Rodgers because we got some solid years out of Ronnie. But every GM who let him fall to 20 something feels like an idiot nowl. Anybody who watched college football that year knew that Rodgers was the top prospect ESPECIALLY after Leinart decided to stay at USC.

But NOOOO he's a Tedford QB

oh and props to the Packers FO and coaching staff. They draft players to fit their system, and can plug almost anybody in and not miss a beat.

I don't know if I hate Saban more for missing on Brees or for missing on Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not gonna beat Saban up for not drafting Rodgers because we got some solid years out of Ronnie. But every GM who let him fall to 20 something feels like an idiot nowl. Anybody who watched college football that year knew that Rodgers was the top prospect ESPECIALLY after Leinart decided to stay at USC.

I remember one of the knocks on him was that he was too robotic, too mechanical. Basically the "experts" seemed to be reaching to try and find faults in him because he was a Tedford QB. How different would San Francisco be had they taken Rodgers instead of Alex Smith?

Policy Modification Suggestion To Mods

Hindsight's always 20/20 and sure, we'd have been a lot better off had we drafted Ryan (although Long is no consolation booby prize) BUT

from here on in, any time an Ice-Slurper harps on how we should have taken Ice instead of Jake, please automatically delete the post UNLESS they also include a phrase to the effect:
"but what was even much worse of a screw-up, we should have taken Rodgers, one of the top 3 league QBs, instead of Brown"

Rodgers' throwing mechanics are just so good.

I never got to see him as a prospect, but were his mechanics always that good or even near the level they are at now?

oh and props to the Packers FO and coaching staff. They draft players to fit their system, and can plug almost anybody in and not miss a beat.

What's funny about the Packers is they rarely draft on need, they seem to always go BPA for at least the first 3 rounds. They took Rodgers and didn't even use him until 4 years later, I was ticked when they took Jordy Nelson in the 2nd (thinking maybe the Dolphins would take him in the 3rd...not likely the way we draft) and they were already stacked at WR at the time.

I feel bad for Tony Gonzalez....he's never won a playoff game after 14 seasons in the NFL. He's a sure Hall of Famer though.

Ehh, solid is a stretch. Decent, perhaps would be the better word. I mean, 2008 was probably his best full year. I'll say this I would trade those years for all the great years the Packers are about to have with Aaron Rodgers.

I believe we also interviewed Packers GM Ted Thompson when we hired Rick Spielman. Add that to the list of stupidity the organization has made. Passing on Thompson for Spielman. Good Lord.

Rodgers' throwing mechanics are just so good.

I never got to see him as a prospect, but were his mechanics always that good or even near the level they are at now?

In this fan's untrained eye... yes!

The entire time between January and April 2005 continues to make me shake my head. It seemed like everyone was trying hard to find something negative about him, and all they could come up with is past Tedford QB's, an inch too short and he's "too robotic". He put on a show in the college all star challenge in Miami and by all accounts had very good workouts. Up until a week before the draft many still thought he had a shot at #1, then all of the sudden word came out (I heard it first on Finheaven via Boomer) that he was going to free fall... and I still don't understand why.

I wish I felt the same way about a 2011 draft QB...

Back
Top Bottom