Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch Rodgers play, he's worth #2

Jnaledu3 said:
I hope they dont.

Ive been reading about the 49ers lately, and it seems like they are more focused on getting a defensive player. With Nolan the new HC, the possibility is greater. He also said that they would take the best player available.

Hopefully, a defensive player really stands out in the senior bowl and the combines- or they get a QB via FA.

There isn't a defensive player that rates high enough for that. I really have no doubts that San Francisco will go with a quarterback. Teams that don't have franchise quarterbacks don't pass on franchise quarterbacks, no matter what other needs they have.

KB21 said:
There isn't a defensive player that rates high enough for that. I really have no doubts that San Francisco will go with a quarterback. Teams that don't have franchise quarterbacks don't pass on franchise quarterbacks, no matter what other needs they have.

Then I guess we better trade up then.. :D

I had some of your chicken at the buffet yesterday, not to much as I was loading my plate up with shrimp

bryan allen said:
I had some of your chicken at the buffet yesterday, not to much as I was loading my plate up with shrimp
Shrimp? Why waste time and valuable stomach real estate on shrimp when the tso's chicken was available?

Like those that think Feely "showed he could be a franchise QB", I just don't get it... :)

General Tso said:
Shrimp? Why waste time and valuable stomach real estate on shrimp when the tso's chicken was available?

Like those that think Feely "showed he could be a franchise QB", I just don't get it... :)

Do the chickens have large talons??

This thread... is so freaking painful to look back on in 2011.

And... it's the reason why I think it's total BS for folks to say fans shouldn't critique the moves these high pain NFL GM's make.

SF... Miami... and everyone up until Green Bay at #24 passed on a great one. Look back at that draft and shake your head at what could've been for so many teams:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2005

necro-bumping threads should be a bannable offense.

Congrats, you think just like the Miami Dolphins franchise over the past decade. Pretend the past didn't happen. Keep making the same mistakes. Tell people that disagree with you to go away.

What can Trent Green do that Fiedler can't? Too bad this 2005 draft doesn't have a franchise QB. Matt Ryan isn't a sure thing so let's go with the safe LT.

Sure, Henne just needs a new OC and QB coach. Nah... let's not take a QB in round 1 because there aren't any franchise guys out there.

Problem for 2011 is we are sitting at 15 and not at 2. So without trading up we won't get Gabbert and the others have serious holes in their game. That's why, as Tso points out, you DRAFT A QB when you are sitting at the top of the draft.

Problem for 2011 is we are sitting at 15 and not at 2. So without trading up we won't get Gabbert and the others have serious holes in their game. That's why, as Tso points out, you DRAFT A QB when you are sitting at the top of the draft.

You mean like Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown or Matt Ryan over Jake Long?

If Gabbert ends up being a franchise QB, it won't matter what we traded away to get up for him.

So much can happen. Glabbert can have a ****ty combine/senior bowl/whatever and someone else who comes along, Ponder or whatever can step up. But man there are a lot of perennial pro bowlers after our pick ;(

I certainly don't feel the conviction about any of this year's QB's like I did in January 2005 about Aaron Rodgers and like I know numerous FANS on finheaven (myself not included) felt about Ryan in 2008. But... at some point you've just got to take the chance.

Josh Freeman had plenty of holes in his game and he went 17th. I remember a lot of folks saying it was a reach. I think that's working out fine for TB right now.

Of course there's more examples of 1st round busts than studs... but the "too risky, let's go with a safer RB, OL or DL" approach just ain't working for us. I hope Jeff Ireland realizes that.

I don't care about Rodgers. Let's talk about something important. General Tso, who's the next best QB in the draft?

As they say, hindsight is 20/20

You can look back at any draft and see what could have been...

Back
Top Bottom