Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety.

yeah... that play was VERY disappointing on a numbing number of levels...

First sign of definite REGRESSION and better fix it NOW or bye bye...

He knows he should've at least gotten rid of this football, but this could've been a big play. See why (sound on).

Really enjoy the breakdown, keep em coming!! Are you planning on doing a breakdown on how the OL played?

He made a great play by avoiding the sack but then made a horrible play by really allowing a safety that just wasn't called.

Fords running a stop route. That play side corner is sitting at depth there but also trying to gain depth to take away Williams deep til the safety picks it up.

I don’t think it’s as open once the QBs flushes as you guys think.

Maybe if he had lead Williams to the sideline once he got flushed but those dbs are gonna close in a hurry to either option.

You want him to throw to Williams you probably need him not to get moved off the spot and he read the coverage right and fit that ball from the pocket in over the squat corner and the depth safety gap.

Once he’s flushed the progressions are out the window.

Last edited:
You get some of these moments with young QB's, it's part of the learning curve. The NFL is faster, the windows open and close faster, the defenders close down the QB and WR's faster. The decision making needs to be faster. The QB needs to pull the trigger on either A) the deep sideline throw, B) the wide open short throw, C) the mid-range out, or D) throwing the ball away. But youngsters often hesitate, and that's what happened here. Rosen will learn from this. He foolishly thinks he's athletically in the league with the defender, and in college he looks like a hero doing shiz like this, but in the NFL … he's very lucky not to have given up a Safety. As @AnthonySabaNFL astutely points out, Rosen had options, and he needs his eyes and mind to process that play faster, then his decision making needs to remove that hesitation and play fast. I believe Rosen has it in him … but it'll take time.

I would love to hear what was going through his mind. I mean you have 2 WR's to throw to OR you can play it safe and throw it out of bounds. Why wait so long to make a decision to the point where you almost took a safety that was 100% preventable.

It's not only on this play but you can tell it's what's truly keeping him from progressing. As you watchin him play you can literally "see" when he's thinking too long/not sure what to do. He holds on to the ball a few seconds too long.

It's the thing, more than any, that kept Tannehill from really progressing. It's the thing that makes guys like Bress and Brady etc so elite. They throw it before "it" even developes. The trust what their eyes see...

Last edited:
Fords running a stop route. That play side corner is sitting at depth there but also trying to gain depth to take away Williams deep til the safety picks it up.

Maybe if he had lead Williams to the sideline once he got flushed but those dbs are gonna close in a hurry to either option.

You want him to throw to Williams you probably need him not to get moved off the spot and he read the coverage right and fit that ball from the pocket in over the squat corner and the depth safety gap.

Dam. That was an excellent analysis of the play. (I am serious too)

You get some of these moments with young QB's, it's part of the learning curve. The NFL is faster, the windows open and close faster, the defenders close down the QB and WR's faster. The decision making needs to be faster. The QB needs to pull the trigger on either A) the deep sideline throw, B) the wide open short throw, C) the mid-range out, or D) throwing the ball away. But youngsters often hesitate, and that's what happened here. Rosen will learn from this. He foolishly thinks he's athletically in the league with the defender, and in college he looks like a hero doing shiz like this, but in the NFL … he's very lucky not to have given up a Safety. As @AnthonySabaNFL astutely points out, Rosen had options, and he needs his eyes and mind to process that play faster, then his decision making needs to remove that hesitation and play fast. I believe Rosen has it in him … but it'll take time.
I guess, as long as we don't have the same argument for 7 years.

I agree with hoops, those receivers are not as open as they appear. Should have just chucked it out of bounds, don't want to risk int in that area.

The throw was there but also could have been a sure a Pick 6 with any type of off timing throw.

Fantastic job alluding that Rush but perplexed on his decision to run in the end zone to run around the guy he could have even cut it up earlier and gained a couple yards and maybe broke that tackle. Curious

Back
Top Bottom