Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety.

I don’t much like the route concepts. The sticks ones are running right into the defense and the other safety isn’t even threatened. But backed up at your own 5 yard line way behind the sticks it’s not like much gets you out of jail there.

And on what teams? Cards and Fins which is laughable. 16 games? How many games pointless at this point in his career. Talk to me after two years when he has at least someone to throw to

Parker isnt a NFL veteran?

16 game NFL starter, by the end of the year he will have as many starts as those within the division, if not more.

With Tannehill you people said the same with Bess and Hartline. Meh.

You get some of these moments with young QB's, it's part of the learning curve. The NFL is faster, the windows open and close faster, the defenders close down the QB and WR's faster. The decision making needs to be faster. The QB needs to pull the trigger on either A) the deep sideline throw, B) the wide open short throw, C) the mid-range out, or D) throwing the ball away. But youngsters often hesitate, and that's what happened here. Rosen will learn from this. He foolishly thinks he's athletically in the league with the defender, and in college he looks like a hero doing shiz like this, but in the NFL … he's very lucky not to have given up a Safety. As @AnthonySabaNFL astutely points out, Rosen had options, and he needs his eyes and mind to process that play faster, then his decision making needs to remove that hesitation and play fast. I believe Rosen has it in him … but it'll take time.

I agree pretty much across the board... And I'm willing (for now) to give Rosen the benefit of the doubt re (a) field position
and I'm sure the coach tape in his head to NOT **** up in that situation.

That said, maybe making either of the throws is asking too much at this point in time, but NOT getting the pig outta there is nasty!

But as you said, excellent job early in the play getting out of trouble...

We'll leave it at that for now.

One of those potential significant real-time learning experiences if the kid can assimilate and move on.

There is no “out route” they are playing a zone underneath sticks concept as in defending the sticks cover 2

There’s a honey hole in that defense between the squat corner and the deep safety but in order to hit it you got to hold the safeties in your drop post snap read the coverage pre snap and early post snap eye ball the squat db and throw it over him when he starts to gear down.

But you can’t do that if you got a bull rush in your lap when you go to set up.

In that coverage the dbs will follow your eyes as the qb. They squat they continue to drop if your eyes take them there and they drive on the under if your eyes are there.

That’s a stop route play side that converts into a flow outside to the qb improv once it breaks down. With a squat corner having vision on it but also getting depth early on the Williams route.

I thought he should of been anticipating Williams coming open vs the easy cover 2 read presnap , to his credit he did hold the safety( the safety was slow to process and following Rosen's eyes on the underneath routes) no way the safety makes it in time with a good throw, but like you said the pocket collapsing ruined it,but Rosen not keeping his eyes downfield made it worse, it was already too late once Rosen fully left the pocket, there was like a half a sec window after eluding the rush he probably could of gotten the completion.

I thought he should of been anticipating Williams coming open vs the easy cover 2 read presnap , to his credit he did hold the safety( the safety was slow to process and following Rosen's eyes on the underneath routes) no way the safety makes it in time with a good throw, but like you said the pocket collapsing ruined it,but Rosen not keeping his eyes downfield made it worse, it was already too late once Rosen fully left the pocket, there was like a half a sec window after eluding the rush he probably could of gotten the completion.

Correct in slo mo a lot of QBs would be making more plays...

Rosen needed to get the pig out about 1/10 of a sec after he moved out of the pocket.

Probably asking too much... Maybe ever.

Correct in slo mo a lot of QBs would be making more plays...

Rosen needed to get the pig out about 1/10 of a sec after he moved out of the pocket.

Probably asking too much... Maybe ever.

Especially for Rosen, Rosen was just late on everything in Arizona, but maybe only a handful qbs have the processing and off script abilities to make that play.

Especially for Rosen, Rosen was just late on everything in Arizona, but maybe only a handful qbs have the processing and off script abilities to make that play.

I think "THAT" (which as I just noted is better than "IS") is the preeminent principal!

At least Rosen can implement part1 of the solution (unlike the pocket sloth we had with Thill) and

"sense" pressure then make a good 1st move. Huge question if he can then execute rapidly and effectively.

But if he can do that -- and be consistent -- he'd be pretty damn good!

Well Mahomes was 23 last year :D

Well that guy flicks the wrist and the ball goes 70 yards.

Part of the problem here is the athlete is so low level. And that parts not gonna change.

I think personally that he should get the benefit of the doubt for reading it correct pre snap (cause there’s no way to tell he didn’t frankly due to the immediate rush in his lap) but I also think that once that thing breaks down and he gets flushed he’s probably thinking vs that coverage my window has closed.

I think "THAT" (which as I just noted is better than "IS") is the preeminent principal!

At least Rosen can implement part1 of the solution (unlike the pocket sloth we had with Thill) and

"sense" pressure then make a good 1st move. Huge question if he can then execute rapidly and effectively.

But if he can do that -- and be consistent -- he'd be pretty damn good!

Yea I agree, Rosen can definitely feel pressure and is much better at escaping it, if we build a top 15 OL processing should improve, even Baker's ability to read the field regressed this year when pressured.

Yea I agree, Rosen can definitely feel pressure and is much better at escaping it, if we build a top 15 OL processing should improve, even Baker's ability to read the field regressed this year when pressured.

I want a top 5 OL!

But of course having a power running game + pass pro is totally overrated!

Speaking of "ratings" the N F L is way above that!

It's all about the quality of the product!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom