Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch the "head-scratching" sack by Rosen that almost resulted in a safety.

Reeeeeelax...

If we pick 1st Tua will still be the pick...no need to pick the mat off of Rosen's bones.

I guess it is a message board and we have to talk about the Dolphins in some way....

Thanks for posting. I heard the commentators say he had 2 guys open, but never saw who/when/where/what, so this is nice to see..... WOW.

Where was rosen looking?

This is a problem Rosen shows at times, and on his videos last year with Arizona. He hesitates and, like you said, the windows close quick.

I also think that Flores isn’t helping him out much in this type of play specifically. I can see where it is a bit of a risky through. When the wr is open, Rosen is getting harassed by the Dline. If you go back to preseason when Rosen made the completion to Williams as he was falling with a defender wrapped around his leg, Flores came out and said that’s not the QB he wants him to be. I think he’s a little handcuffed to making certain throughs and this could be one of them

I was disappointed by this play but it’s something he’ll learn from. If he is to reach his potential he won’t do it again. We’ve seen improvements from him and if he continues to grow he won’t be getting flustered again. The game really was a performance of two halves for him. I’ll hold off final judgement until the end of the season elther way. He’s said he’s learned more in a few months then he did the rest of his career. I would expect big leaps forward after the bye we’ll see.

He knows he should've at least gotten rid of this football, but this could've been a big play. See why (sound on).

Hmmm, I see a young 22 year old behind an atrocious OL, WRs who can’t catch a cold trying to extend a play for the sake of his own health. You make it seem like Rosen has the experience of #13 himself

Wasn't that a horse collar tackle at the end of the play?

Hmmm, I see a young 22 year old behind an atrocious OL, WRs who can’t catch a cold trying to extend a play for the sake of his own health. You make it seem like Rosen has the experience of #13 himself

He is a 16 game NFL starter.

One thing for sure...when you start reading the excuses for the QB playing poorly you had better bet its not a good sign. Henne,RT and all the rest had all kinds of excuse machines posting why they played horrible. A great QB gets it done...no excuses necessary.

One thing for sure...when you start reading the excuses for the QB playing poorly you had better bet its not a good sign. Henne,RT and all the rest had all kinds of excuse machines posting why they played horrible. A great QB gets it done...no excuses necessary.

Would agree with that. If it 2-3 games in a season that look bad, that can probably be explained. When in Rosen's case, he's had 2-3 good games in 16. Tough excusing that all away. He's got a 66% QB rating. I cant find any good stats from him. Like I can't. Its horrible. Stats dont tell you everything but damn you cant find anything positive.

There is no “out route” they are playing a zone underneath sticks concept as in defending the sticks cover 2

There’s a honey hole in that defense between the squat corner and the deep safety but in order to hit it you got to hold the safeties in your drop post snap read the coverage pre snap and early post snap eye ball the squat db and throw it over him when he starts to gear down.

But you can’t do that if you got a bull rush in your lap when you go to set up.

In that coverage the dbs will follow your eyes as the qb. They squat they continue to drop if your eyes take them there and they drive on the under if your eyes are there.

That’s a stop route play side that converts into a flow outside to the qb improv once it breaks down. With a squat corner having vision on it but also getting depth early on the Williams route.

Back
Top Bottom