Watch tonight's Game if you want to know what we should aspire to be............ | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch tonight's Game if you want to know what we should aspire to be............

Yes Herbert was their pick. Their G.M. Tom Telesco said Herbert was their top guy on the board since his Junior year.

Telesco is a fantastic G.M. with a proven track record, I don't doubt that Herbert was always their guy.

Tua was always Grier's pick, everyone in the NFL knew it. Nobody was clamoring to move up for him. NFL missed on Herbert though, he was worth trading up for.
I think if Tannebaum made it to that draft with Miami, they would have taken Herbert. He sounds like he was very high on him on Espn.

Tua, Brissett, and Sinnett, are our QB's. It is the game planners job to make up an offense that works for them and the talent around them. Period! I say if they cannot handle it, let the F'ing QB's design and call the plays. If there are any lessons to be learned...perhaps any of our endless play callers can watch the game and see how offense works?! But I am sad to finally admit that it may be time for Grier to go, or have him in there as a trade for picks expert?

Last edited:
I'm watching on a buffer, but I see a hard fought game between two teams that are about where we are in the hierarchy of the league.

With 5% better OLine play than yesterday (which was 20% better than last week) and healthy Tua, I like our chances against either of these teams (with much more room to get to our ceiling).
rondae hollis-jefferson talk GIF

We were in overtime against the Raiders with the Brisket.

With yesterday's oline play and Tua, we would have beaten them handily.
We were in overtime...but we weren't really in that game.

I'm letting the criticism of Tua go because it's not 100% his fault that he was playing bad enough to be compared to Brissett.

Two Franchise QB's leading efficient offenses up and down the field. Good coaching and leadership starting at the very top. I don't know where it all went sour for the Dolphins but they need to emulate somebody with a winning formula and they need to start like yesterday!!!!
We picked the wrong GM…who picked the wrong players and picked a defensive coordinator as head coach who can’t assemble winning staffs.

It all looked promising when we were trading away young pro bowlers for lots of future picks, but faded quickly when it started becoming obvious that several important picks in 2020 weren’t home runs and could be busts.

It also faded when our green head coach was constantly changing out his staff every year and seems incapable of getting it right? Who would be excited to come work with him with the instability here?

Sadly, we need to start over and find the right GM!

How the hell do you pick Tua over Herbert? I really really want to know who made that pick. If it was Grier, Flores, Ross, or a combination because that pick completely screwed us.

Say what you want about the oline but eventually it will improve. But Tua will still be small and injury prone. Herbert is like a Big Ben type, he makes the oline look better than it is.

Yes, and Marino wanted Herbert…Dolphin history keeps repeating!
Marino is a figurehead who has absolutely zero power with the Dolphins. So who he wanted or didn’t want was obviously not even considered when they made their selection.

How the hell do you pick Tua over Herbert? I really really want to know who made that pick. If it was Grier, Flores, Ross, or a combination because that pick completely screwed us.

Say what you want about the oline but eventually it will improve. But Tua will still be small and injury prone. Herbert is like a Big Ben type, he makes the oline look better than it is.
I take it you were on this forum prior to the 2020 draft telling everyone that Herbert was the obvious pick. If you were, congratulation. If you have just come to this conclusion after the draft, as they say,”Hindsight is always 20/20”.

Marino is a figurehead who has absolutely zero power with the Dolphins. So who he wanted or didn’t want was obviously not even considered when they made their selection.
Agreed on most subjects…but when the greatest forward passer of all time makes it known to the owner that he prefers one QB over the other….and we get the draft mistake like Grier made? Don’t think that’s not remembered by the owner!

Herbert broke records last year with a horrific coaching staff and bad OL.
Perhaps, but he did have very talented WRs to throw to. Miami had parker who missed a lot and it was often back up wrs to throw to. It just made me realize, as much as a top qb is great. Miami needs to fix this o line. I hope tua shows out when he's back. But I really don't know how long of a career any qb would have under this line. We need a line that helps a qb succeed and one where they don't have a shortened career. Herbert is a big dude, but Burrow is a pretty big qb and never had an injury history. The horrible o line caused too many hits. And it doesn't really matter how big a qb is if dudes are getting through the line constantly and qb gets tackled at their knee.

Back
Top Bottom