Watch tonight's Game if you want to know what we should aspire to be............ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch tonight's Game if you want to know what we should aspire to be............

I really wonder what Tua would look like with Chargers and Herbert here. I really think Herbert would look bad here if we drafted him into our dysfunctional franchise.

The thing is before tua and herbert were drafted anyone would have said we were the better team just missing a qb. Now you add a qb to both teams and the chargers look like a contender and we look like a jv team. We had more picks, supposedly better coach and defense
Lol this is so true. It’s funny how people can say if Herbert or Carr was here they’d struggle to and they would somewhat bc every QB needs decent protection but we wouldn’t be struggling as bad. A good QB can help his OL and even the playcalling by going off check with me’s hot routes audibles protection changes identifying the defense pre snap. All these things are accomplished by great QBs.

Herbert is that dude and it’s not just bc of his OL or scheme. It’s a perfect match of all 3 with Herbert himself being the biggest ingredient. If people honestly thing you can put Tua with the Chargers and they’d have the same success that’s crazy. That’s basically saying it’s all scheme and the guys around the QB and that the QB himself has nothing to do with it which is downright stupid.

What did Oregon do to this cat? Then again we are the Oregon of the NFL
Wait, we made a championship game in the last 11 years and have post season success?! I need to look this up!
I saw a funny line and comparison that said- Only Miami can turn one of the most dynamic wr in football into Jarvis Landry. Just need better play calling and design. Very badly!

Lol this is so true. It’s funny how people can say if Herbert or Carr was here they’d struggle to and they would somewhat bc every QB needs decent protection but we wouldn’t be struggling as bad. A good QB can help his OL and even the playcalling by going off check with me’s hot routes audibles protection changes identifying the defense pre snap. All these things are accomplished by great QBs.

Herbert is that dude and it’s not just bc of his OL or scheme. It’s a perfect match of all 3 with Herbert himself being the biggest ingredient. If people honestly thing you can put Tua with the Chargers and they’d have the same success that’s crazy. That’s basically saying it’s all scheme and the guys around the QB and that the QB himself has nothing to do with it which is downright stupid.
Exactly. Put it another way..lets offer tua and 2 firsts for herbert... chargers would laugh us out of the negotiation table.

Tua would be just as effective on either of those teams if he had the time to throw those 2 QB’s have and a good offensive system. Yet he is forced to play in a high school offense with the worst OL in the league. Put Carr or Herbert on the Dolphins and they would struggle too.
Not even close. Tua has a weak arm compared to Herbert. He cant make any of the tight window throws with velocity like Herbert can. He cant throw with the anticipation that Herbert does.

The thing is before tua and herbert were drafted anyone would have said we were the better team just missing a qb. Now you add a qb to both teams and the chargers look like a contender and we look like a jv team. We had more picks, supposedly better coach and defense
Obviously the front office of the Chargers have done a better job of putting quality players around Herbert and the Chargers have a defense that is every bit as good as the Dolphins defense.
They fired their head coach after the 2020 and hired a better head coach.
The number of draft picks a team has doesn’t matter if the individuals selecting with those draft picks don’t draft NFL quality players.

Obviously the front office of the Chargers have done a better job of putting quality players around Herbert and the Chargers have a defense that is every bit as good as the Dolphins defense.
They fired their head coach after the 2020 and hired a better head coach.
The number of draft picks a team has doesn’t matter if the individuals selecting with those draft picks don’t draft NFL quality players.
So you are saying we need to clean house. Grier and the whole scouting department needs to go

Not even close. Tua has a weak arm compared to Herbert. He cant make any of the tight window throws with velocity like Herbert can. He cant throw with the anticipation that Herbert does.
Most of the QB’s in the league have a weak arm compared to Herbert. Yet that doesn’t mean Tua wouldn’t be a great NFL QB in the right system.

So you are saying we need to clean house. Grier and the whole scouting department needs to go
I am saying that the Chargers have done a better job than the Dolphins in selecting quality football players. Take that however you want to. All I know is it seems like Grier and his scouting department have done a pretty piss poor job with some of the high draft picks they had the last two years and his free agent signings have left a lot to be desired.

You can be as disappointed as you want about not getting Herbert. But to say Tua would not be better on the Chargers is insane. I do not think he would be as good, but he would be a much better QB. Same goes the other way.

Youre missing the bigger point.
Chargers are a good team, now, period. Their offseason was productive and their coaching got a year better with experience, too.

Dolphins.inc is a goddamn dumpster fire. Tua never had a chance. Whenever he's had one, he's done well.
Watching Herbert ball out last year confirmed FO made the wrong pick. Even when the Chargers sucked last year and we were arguably the better team (we did beat them after all) Herbert looked better than Tua. Burrow also played on a worse team last year and looked better than Tua. In my opinion, Lawrence is also now starting to look better at this level than Tua has, on a horrible team.

Tua fanboys like to bring up the 7-3 record with him as the starter, but his counterparts have looked better on losing teams then he has on a winning team.

There’s no need to mention Brissett here. It’s obvious he’s not a starting and imo back-up worthy type of Qb.
You missed the point: the OLine was Much Less an issue yesterday But, dat playcalling?!?

I really wonder what Tua would look like with Chargers and Herbert here. I really think Herbert would look bad here if we drafted him into our dysfunctional franchise.
I disagree, Herbert has shown he's the better NFL talent and proved that while on a losing team last year.

Back
Top Bottom