Watching Dallas I Cant Help But To Think | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watching Dallas I Cant Help But To Think

Dak would significantly improve the quality of QB play we'vew had if he were a Dolphin. Mariota would be a step up as well.

Hahaha, good one. Even in RT's rookie season he wouldn't have thrown that game changing duck in the endzone, he's not THAT stupid. Dak sucks as does their entire organization, f****** lucky a** Eagles get an easy schedule again thanks to the skins injuries and Prescott lol.

Last edited:
Both Harbaugh brothers are overrated.

Jim had a great run, but he wasn’t gonna keep it up once he had to build a team and John hasn’t had a good season since the Super Bowl.

People bitch about mediocre coaching then wanna hire a guy that’s been mediocre for 6 years lol. This place is great.

Isn't it crazy to think we have a better record than some of these other teams with better overall talent and in easier divisions?

This isn't to prop up Gase or Tannehill or anything else like that. But it should make you take pause in evaluating this team.

Dak would significantly improve the quality of QB play we'vew had if he were a Dolphin. Mariota would be a step up as well.

Shocker look who it is making this comment. Nothing to see here just another extreme hater.

Just curious, what do you think the realistic odds are Gase is fired end of season? For now, I'd put it 20%.

At the rate we're going, our current record and the owner Ross. I would say Gase realistically has 1 -2 years after this season assuming we don't make the playoffs and beyond.

Some hate, it but I love the fact that our owner isn't like some of these fans that would fire coaches immediately after a bad game etc. He truly gives an honest chance for coaches to do their thing for 3,4,5 years.

I think the far more interesting question is Tannehill's future.

At the rate we're going, our current record and the owner Ross. I would say Gase realistically has 1 -2 years after this season assuming we don't make the playoffs and beyond.

Some hate, it but I love the fact that our owner isn't like some of these fans that would fire coaches immediately after a bad game etc. He truly gives an honest chance for coaches to do their thing for 3,4,5 years.

I think the far more interesting question is Tannehill's future.
Yet he’d fly to Harbaugh to get him here when Sparano was still the coach of the team. Ross sucks as an owner, and he sure as hell isnt a saint.

Hahaha, good one. Even in RT's rookie season he wouldn't have thrown that game changing duck in the endzone, he's not THAT stupid. Dak sucks as does their entire organization, f****** lucky a** Eagles get an easy schedule again thanks to the skins injuries and Prescott lol.
Blah, blah, blah...you only have to go back and look at Tannehill’s last game and watch the two returns by the Bengals for TDs and all arguments that Tannehill is not THAT stupid are themselves stupid arguments.

Blah, blah, blah...you only have to go back and look at Tannehill’s last game and watch the two returns by the Bengals for TDs and all arguments that Tannehill is not THAT stupid are themselves stupid arguments.

You don't understand football, kinda like your boy Dak lol.

Last edited:
You don't understand football, kinda like your boy Dak lol.

I don't think he's really championing Dak here.

This is the way these threads always go when folks start comparing Tannehill to other QBs. Those that support him always point to the weakness in the other QB's game, dismiss any career highs, because this, this and the other happened. Assume the detractors believe the other QB is an incarnation of Marino and laugh at folks that dare to suggest that Tannehill really isn't any better. All the excuses then come out how Tannehill makes all those throws, with the line the talent around him, how he gets multiple rings in the same situation.

The main issue that is constantly ignored is that folks not drinking the Tannehill kool aid are clearly saying is Tannehill's bar is extremely low, the other QB although probably not perfect, doesn't have to do a lot to clear it.

We've seen it multiple times with threads on Wilson, Smith, Dalton, Flaco etc., it's ridiculous.

I don't think he's really championing Dak here.

This is the way these threads always go when folks start comparing Tannehill to other QBs. Those that support him always point to the weakness in the other QB's game, dismiss any career highs, because this, this and the other happened. Assume the detractors believe the other QB is an incarnation of Marino and laugh at folks that dare to suggest that Tannehill really isn't any better. All the excuses then come out how Tannehill makes all those throws, with the line the talent around him, how he gets multiple rings in the same situation.

The main issue that is constantly ignored is that folks not drinking the Tannehill kool aid are clearly saying is Tannehill's bar is extremely low, the other QB although probably not perfect, doesn't have to do a lot to clear it.

We've seen it multiple times with threads on Wilson, Smith, Dalton, Flaco etc., it's ridiculous.

He said, "Dak would significantly improve the quality of QB play we'vew had if he were a Dolphin."

Come on bro what are you talking about he isn't championing Dak here lol. To make that statement after one of the worst games of Dak's career is a joke like many of our fans.

I know I know "RT sucks, Brock is as good or better", you and many others are dead wrong.

If RT could just get healthy again you would be proven wrong just like in '16, but he's not so you and many others are winning or whatever right now I guess.

Just keep praying he stays out...

Last edited:
Dallas hasn’t had the best o-line in quite sometime. IDK why some still buy into that narrative. Not only have they been having injury problems preventing their best players to be on the field the past 2 seasons, their o-line play has disappointed. Did you not see the difficulty they had running it to start last season?

Zeke’s been one of the leaders in yards after contact, for good reason. He gets hit at or behind the line a lot. And pass protection has been spotty at best.

They have started slow for years now. Even in 2016 there was questions about how good they were to start the season. That quickly died by week 4/5.

2014-16 they were at their peak, with Leary at LG and Free at RT-who was the weak link.
2017 Collins went to RT(formerly backup guard/Jerrys FA "steal") and they went el cheapo off arrogance at LG in Cooper and Green. Still was a very good unit until Smiths back issue flared up again. Their depth is nonexistent.
Collins struggles with footwork and lunges too far at times getting him off balance. Really should of been kept at guard where he can be a bull in china shop again.

Before Frederick got GBS, he was a top 3 Center and Martin was a top 3 guard. Smith was a top 3 LT before his back issues kept flaring up. They are/were very top heavy in talent on the line.

The real issue with Dallas is their playcalling and their lack of creativity and the mindset of Garrett's "win your 1 v 1" matchup. Works well when the team is loaded with talent, but they can't scheme for **** when they don't have top players at every position.

Zeke gets hit in the backfield or LOS a lot cause Dallas is very predicable when it comes to plays on down and distance. Formations are also very predicable when it comes to playcalling.

They run a WR in motion to act like a 3rd TE. It's a run every time. The Titans picked up on it and stuffed Zeke. They don't try to take advantage of weaknesses. It's the same ole **** every week.

Jerry and Stephen also dictate how the team is run.

After week 2 win over the Giants where they used the read option successfully, Stephen Jones came out on the radio and said he didn't want to see his qB take a lot of hits. I don't believe a single read option play was used week 3, which they lost and looked terrible on offense. They are in love with a QB who has zero confidence throwing the ball, and who isn't all that great throwing it to begin with. They also want that QB to be a pocket QB, instead of running here and there.

Yet he’d fly to Harbaugh to get him here when Sparano was still the coach of the team. Ross sucks as an owner, and he sure as hell isnt a saint.

Ross is human and like most humans, especially those doing something for the first time, make mistakes.

I know! I know! Everyone here is great at everything they do and never make mistakes or bad decisions.

Take a look around the league and compare. Ross isn't even close to a bad owner. He's more than willing to step back and let the football guys do their thing and is more than willing to $$$ whoever they say they need, he's more than willing to spend $$$ on his stadium.

The only thing Ross really lacks is experience in this business.

Garrett was carried by the o line too.

They should have fired him years ago.

It’s different when zeke isn’t 8 yards into the second level before taking contact huh dak?

Back
Top Bottom