Wayne, PLEASE don't hire Marty Schottenheimer! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne, PLEASE don't hire Marty Schottenheimer!

Marty was not coaching his idiotic DB in Peewee ball,when he should have learned that you knock the ball down on 4th down!!!

i will take a post season exit right now anyone else, we have not seen the promised land in almost a decade now, so what if marty is unlucky, maybe his unlucky and our unlucky makes lucky

OK, so when the hell DO you eventually blame the coach?

- When Browns RB Ernest Byner fumbles inside the Denver five when he's going in to score and the Broncos recover it and go on to win, it's on him.
- When Elway goes 90 yards in Cleveland to tie the game and then Denver wins in OT, it's the defense's fault.
- When the 13-3 Chiefs let the 9-7 Colts come in and hand them their lunch, it's on those players.
- When the Chargers commit untimely personal fouls and turnovers, it's the players fault again since they play the game and the coach doesn't.

OK, so when does the guy who COACHES those players get called out for it? Or is that never allowed? I know when you're 6-10 that you'd just love to be a playoff team, but year after year of being in the playoffs and losing isn't what we should aspire to, ever!

JUST SAY NO TO MARTY!

Look at it this way, the guy is primed to win the big one. Just like playing the same machine in Vegas till she pays out. I'll tell you this, you know who the only coaches who can't win a superbowl are? The ones who don't make the playoffs. Like in Vegas, the only ones who can't win are those that don't play.

The Chargers choked. They gave the Pats so many chances to win the game and vice versa. The Chargers were the more talented team but they were not mentally prepared for it. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, and bad challenged plays. The Chargers had a shot at about a 48 yard either down by 3 or it was 0-0. Real close... and he chose to go for it. They end up losing by three. Those choices and the overall weak mental team is because of the head coach.

I agree. I am all for Marty and his fancy glasses coming to Miami. IDC if we lose int he playoffs. I'd rather lose there anytime.

AND just to say this. The Colts have yet to win a superbowl too. Yet they have had a million playoff appearences in the past few years. Dungy a bad coach?

Ridiculous. Here we are possibly with a great chance to hire an experienced head coach in Marty Shottenhiemer, and all the fans here want to do is call him a loser / toss him aside based on nothing more than his playoff record??...

If he's fired, it's the Chargers loss, and our gain in my opinion....

He's a great head coach, and I don't care what his playoff record shows. We don't even have a playoff record to speak of at this stage, and yet the fans here are going to scoff at the chance to hire a coach like him??...

Personally I don't get it, and I don't understand what kind of head coach everyone here is expecting to get when looking at all of our current options...

I think it's time we realized that if Marty Shottenhiemer becomes available within the next 24-48 hours, he going to be the best candidate on the market. At least that's my personal opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

remember guys when the playoffs were a given, losing wakes you up and you can see things a different way, people in SD are pissed at marty, but they played in a huge game today and lost, phin fans would give thier first born to have a first round bye next year

I'd love for the phins to be the team that turns Marty's bad luck around, and get that super bowl he deserves. after all, name an experienced coach available who is better than him?

winning would be nice again guys and marty wins, just not at the end yet

You guys here that? I do...

Marty! Marty! Marty!

I am telling you his eye glasses tell it all. I have a good feeling about him.

Look at it this way, the guy is primed to win the big one. Just like playing the same machine in Vegas till she pays out. I'll tell you this, you know who the only coaches who can't win a superbowl are? The ones who don't make the playoffs. Like in Vegas, the only ones who can't win are those that don't play.

That's right play to win. Marty is not that! One of the reasons he loses the big ones; his coaching style reflects more of a play not to lose vs. play to win. It trickles down to playcalling and players' attitude. Definitely the case in his KC and Cleveland days. Today with Cameron calling plays I was surprised they put more on the line with Rivers throwing and did not rely more on LT. They must have the uptmost confidence in Rivers.

Wayne H. is most probably not interested in going the retread route anyway. The list of canidates are mostly assistant coaches / coordinators with no HC retread experience except (if you count only 3 years as HC as being a retread) Mora Jr. If he was the whole Marty thing smells bad karma. With such bad karma in playoffs and after all the playoff misses during the later part of Shula and Marino era do we need a long history of playoff failures to be a legacy to be brought on when we are trying to get back to where we once was (as in the era we went to SBs from '71 to 84' not '85-'95)?

Ridiculous. Here we are possibly with a great chance to hire an experienced head coach in Marty Shottenhiemer, and all the fans here want to do is call him a loser / toss him aside based on nothing more than his playoff record??...

If he's fired, it's the Chargers loss, and our gain in my opinion....

He's a great head coach, and I don't care what his playoff record shows. We don't even have a playoff record to speak of at this stage, and yet the fans here are going to scoff at the chance to hire a coach like him??...

Personally I don't get it, and I don't understand what kind of head coach everyone here is expecting to get when looking at all of our current options...

I think it's time we realized that if Marty Shottenhiemer becomes available within the next 24-48 hours, he going to be the best candidate on the market. At least that's my personal opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!!

Lets also not forget that besides the Redskins he has taken every team he has coached to the playoffs, so let's rip on the guy for not winning the important games, but not give him credit for getting every team he has coached to the point that they are playing in these games.

i will take a post season exit right now anyone else, we have not seen the promised land in almost a decade now, so what if marty is unlucky, maybe his unlucky and our unlucky makes lucky

I'm with you Bonedoc.

Marty has had some crazy crap happen to him going back to those Denver games when eh was coach of the Browns.

I want to know how MARTY choked when Byner fumbled????

How did HE choke?

Today is another example with that bullocks on 4th down.

I'll take a coach who has taken teams to the playoffs as much as he has anyday over the what if's out there now.

IMO, San Diego would be foolish to let him go. If they do and we get him, I'll be happy considering the fact that the only other coach I see doing as good as Marty would here is Cowher and he isnt comming here.

Back
Top Bottom