Wayne, PLEASE don't hire Marty Schottenheimer! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wayne, PLEASE don't hire Marty Schottenheimer!

I would gladly take playoffs every year, I'm sick of this 6-10 crap.

As I said in another post, Marty can only do so much to get his team to be playing in the game to begin with, he isn't on the field. In all these games it's not like his teams are getting blown out, he has been beated by plays that are out of his control.

A 98 yard drive by a team with 2 minutes and no timeouts.
A fumble at the 5 that stopped the winning TD to be scored.
A kicker missing 5 fgs in a game that they lost by 3 points.
A rookie FG kicker missing a 40yd FG to win the game.
A fumble on an int return that may have sealed the game, among many other second chances given to a team like the Patriots.

Now had he won in one of those instances, would he be considerd a bette coach.

What exactly is Bill Cowhers playoff record? Let's leave off last years SB win, which actually wasn't all that impressive. Why is it he is considered one of the best coaches out there today? Would it have been different if he hadn't won the SB last year?

marty has been in 20 playoff games right what is he 5-15 or something, we have not seen a run of playoff games since i was like 21 and i am 43

Reading some of the arguments in this thread is like watching two cavemen (this website has good filtering) play chess.

For those of you Marty apologists who argue that the players are to blame and this loss wasn't really Marty's then conversely if they win today in stunning fashion there'd be no cause to hail him because the players made the plays! Hell, why hire him if he has no influence over winning or losing!

His playoff record isn't as big of a concern as his playoff drought. He hasn't won a playoff game in 13 seasons!!! Most of you experts were still sleeping with night lights the last time he won in the post-season! lol

Hiring a 63 year old big game choke artist and talent waster is probably not the best decision for a team that woefully needs to replenish some of its D-Line, O-line, secondary and receiving corps (not to mention the frightening QB situation) while contending with less than favorable cap space and ho-hum 06 draft additions.

Some of you are caught in the "cycle of recycling" and will leap at the sound of a "big name". lol

Marty as our HC with Dennis Green as OC! Let's trade for TO and Moss too!:sidelol:

Reading some of the arguments in this thread is like watching two cavemen (this website has good filtering) play chess.

For those of you Marty apologists who argue that the players are to blame and this loss wasn't really Marty's then conversely if they win today in stunning fashion there'd be no cause to hail him because the players made the plays! Hell, why hire him if he has no influence over winning or losing!

His playoff record isn't as big of a concern as his playoff drought. He hasn't won a playoff game in 13 seasons!!! Most of you experts were still sleeping with night lights the last time he won in the post-season! lol

Hiring a 63 year old big game choke artist and talent waster is probably not the best decision for a team that woefully needs to replenish some of its D-Line, O-line, secondary and receiving corps (not to mention the frightening QB situation) while contending with less than favorable cap space and ho-hum 06 draft additions.

Some of you are caught in the "cycle of recycling" and will leap at the sound of a "big name". lol

Marty as our HC with Dennis Green as OC! Let's trade for TO and Moss too!:sidelol:

Thanks Dr. Phil.....:hide:

PHINZ RULE!!!!

no Cameron either please...
I second that. I am fully in the roll the dice and lets go for a home run camp now. Brian Schottenheimer. Either he's a great coach in the making or we go after Fisher or Cowher next year in a big way. Cameron is just another vanilla offensive guy neither great nor horrible

we have not won a playoff game since the colts game in 1999

2000 actually, which I believe is more recent than 94.

Are you suggesting that the Dolphins would have won more playoff games since 2000 if Schotty were the HC?

I second that. I am fully in the roll the dice and lets go for a home run camp now. Brian Schottenheimer. Either he's a great coach in the making or we go after Fisher or Cowher next year in a big way. Cameron is just another vanilla offensive guy neither great nor horrible

I'm with you here, as much as I like Marty, I think I'd like to have Brian more...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Hey guess what, I am sticking up for Marty, and I have no opinion on him either way as a coach, I know what I see, and I see a coach that has won everywhere he has been. Nobody has been able to tell me what the difference between Marty and Cowher is.

I can't believe any of you want Marty.

What a sad state of affairs. Truly desperate talk. I guess it shows how far this team has fallen.

I can't believe any of you want Marty.

What a sad state of affairs. Truly desperate talk. I guess it shows how far this team has fallen.

I fall into the camp that says, we haven't been to the playoffs for 6 years, let's get there and we'll take our chances. Perhaps Marty can get us there and then (curse or no curse) we at least have a chance.

When you say desperate I hope to God that you are not a Brian Shotty supporter. With Marty we can argue about if he can win the big game but we can't debate that he can win regular season games...that is a fact. With Brian, no one can actually tell me why he would be a good choice. If he is an offensive genious, what did the Jets Offense rank in his only season there? Maybe he had a good interview but none of us were there to hear it. Now, i will support him and hope for the best if we get B.S. but certainly he doesn't compare to his dad as far as tangible reasons to hire him.

Do you think Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson in his prime, Bill Parcells, Vince Lombardi, etc. would've lost to the pats tonight with that team? No way!!!

I do think they would lose because the pats simply are tough come playoff time. Whether it be luck or not. The Patriots always seem to find a way . How can you blame the coach when its the players jobs to get it done on the field.

Do you really think Jimmy was that great of a coach?. I don't . Otherwise we would have gone further and made a superbowl. No Jimmy just had the luck of the draw mostly by trading a certain player for picks which helped him out quite a bit. And when he was here he also had decent players which gave him winning records. Aside from all of this I still think the chargers will still have Schottenheimer as coach . Because for one his Qb is essentially a rookie and still learning. He has a very good team that will probably be a team that will be picked to go to the Super bowl next year.

Back
Top Bottom