We are better Team than Buffalo now and going forward. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are better Team than Buffalo now and going forward.

troll GIF
Are those supposed to be the guys that get excited every year only to have their hearts ripped out?

And Tua is a better QB than their MVP quality QB that outran a Dolphins safety and threw for 4 TD’s.
As ridiculous as that is, there are actually guys on here that really believe that

You're excited for the 25th year in a row I bet. I'm sure you were really excited in 2016. I bet you even said "we're headed in the right direction" then as well. Hey, maybe all that excitement will finally be warranted this year. I'd hate for you to be one of those "clowns" that gets hyped up every year then is depressed for 8 months after the season is over only to get really excited again, for no reason, once the new season starts. Rinse and repeat
Nope. There's life outside of football. I enjoyed watching the game with my son. He's yet to experience a season like this. These last few weeks have been a bummer, but overreacting either way is pretty idiotic.

Nope. There's life outside of football. I enjoyed watching the game with my son. He's yet to experience a season like this. These last few weeks have been a bummer, but overreacting either way is pretty idiotic.
Well good for your son. I hope he's finally enjoying a Dolphins season. So you agree saying that we are better than Buffalo is as bad as saying we're gonna end up 8-9?

Bills (3M) and Dolphins (7M) are both projected to be a few million over the cap next season. Both will mange to get under the cap with some easy maneuvers.

The BIG difference is Jordan Poyer, Tremaine Edmunds, Mitch Morse and Devin Singletary are FA’s and Gabe Davis NEEDS a new contract before he ever sets foot on the field next year. Can’t risk an injury at $1M a year. Diggs makes in two games what Davis has made in his career.

Mike Gesicki and Andrew Van Ginkel are our biggest FAs. No concerns there.

Bills still have $59M in guaranteed money owed to Von Miller.

Micah Hyde also has a 10.8M cap hit next coming off a season ending neck injury going into his age 33 season. Still taking a $7M hit if they cut him.

Last edited:
You're excited for the 25th year in a row I bet. I'm sure you were really excited in 2016. I bet you even said "we're headed in the right direction" then as well. Hey, maybe all that excitement will finally be warranted this year. I'd hate for you to be one of those "clowns" that gets hyped up every year then is depressed for 8 months after the season is over only to get really excited again, for no reason, once the new season starts. Rinse and repeat
I think you being a miserable and depressed during the season, and the off-season is far worse than being optimistic during the season and then depressed during the off-season.

Seems like you're the more miserable fan.

This was a winnable game but the Bills are better, but we aren’t far off. They are physically more aggressive than we are and have more killer instinct. We are like a teenager maturing into adulthood. We show traits of having championship qualities, but we aren’t coordinated in how to use them. We are still learning who we are (Including our coach).

We need the experience of facing adversity and battling back to win. We also need the experience of coming out hot and then crushing our opponent without mercy. It needs to happen 3-4 times so it becomes part of who we are mentally.

We will make the playoffs And hopefully go on a run. But I consider this season a great success on our journey to being a quality dominant team. We need to focus this off-season on CB (we need to replace X ) and MLB. and We still need an OT in the draft that can challenge for a starting spot by year 2.

Phins Up.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how many threads get started on this forum. We just lost to Buffalo, but somehow we're still the better team despite Buffalo having a better record. Are you aware of what makes Buffalo dangerous? You can't ignore their QB, he's a problem! When other teams play them, their game plan revolves around stopping him and Diggs.

Whenever a team plays us, the discussions revolve around Hill and Waddle's containment! Tua doesn't scare anyone. Just in case this gets taken out of context, I'm not saying we lost because of Tua. In this game, he played well. It was two weeks ago that I saw media and threads saying Tua was better than Justin Herbert. This is despite the fact that when you compare their stats Herberts were better.

Tua is having a terrific season but when you compare the entire body of work over their careers Herbert is better. In any case, we should definitely have a therapy thread after losses since losing causes a lot of delusions here. The argument for the Jets or Patriots would be fine with me, but we all know Buffalo was a top team and we expected them to challenge them. Nevertheless, we can't claim to be the better team when we aren't even the best in our own division.

Well good for your son. I hope he's finally enjoying a Dolphins season. So you agree saying that we are better than Buffalo is as bad as saying we're gonna end up 8-9?
I don't know. We aren't better than the bills, but we aren't going to be 8-9. So I guess I'd say both are wrong. All I can say is I think we're closer to being as good as the Bill than not. It was a good game. A couple plays made the difference. That's football.

I think you being a miserable and depressed during the season, and the off-season is far worse than being optimistic during the season and then depressed during the off-season.

Seems like you're the more miserable fan.
On the contrary Dr. Freud. I don't get depressed over this team anymore. After a loss, I used to not be able to sleep, I wouldn't listen sports radio or watch espn the entire week after the loss. Not any longer. The loss last night sucked but I slept like a baby last night. It's glorious once you don't let this team dictate your happiness.

On the contrary Dr. Freud. I don't get depressed over this team anymore. After a loss, I used to not be able to sleep, I wouldn't listen sports radio or watch espn the entire week after the loss. Not any longer. The loss last night sucked but I slept like a baby last night. It's glorious once you don't let this team dictate your happiness.
I'm glad you found your inner peace but you don't have to tell Dolphins fans what to think. They're fans, they don't have to be realistic.

I'm glad you found your inner peace but you don't have to tell Dolphins fans what to think. They're fans, they don't have to be realistic.
I never told anyone what to think. I'm just voicing my opinions. People can think what they want........ even if its wrong

Take your fan boy blinders off. The Bill's have won the division how many years in a row now? And how many have we won recently?We FINALLY were able to just beat and not get blown out by the bills this year. We are moving in right direction and took a step forward though.

Right now, Miami is behind Buffalo. Everything suggests they are. 1-1 split, but statistically, the bills had the advantage on both sides of the ball in both games, minus turnovers and sacks. 2 turnovers for the bills- 0 for Miami. 6-4 Miami

Buffalo
60 first down
943 total by yards
19/32 first down

Miami
35 first downs
617 total yards
8/22 3rd down conversions

Coaching wise- I think we both have top 10 coaches, probably more like top 5. Both have very good GMs. I love what Grier has done. Doesn’t make me happy 😃. Ownership- meh.

The Bills are pretty loaded on D but retaining everyone won’t continue for long. Salary cap decisions on Ed Oliver, Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer this offseason. Same with Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson and possibly Micah Hyde. Winning now is important.

Miami’s DL could be top 3-5 right now if Chubb can live up to his potential. Phillips and Wilkins are studs and game wreckers. Wilkins is gonna command 20M a year this offseason or next. The back 7 needs work though. Holland is a super star in the making and cornerstone player I don’t want to face for the next 10 years.

On O, the bills have invested very little, outside of trading for Diggs. Gabe Davis is just another guy. McKenzie is too inconsistent. Shakir may have a future but he can’t beat out Mckenzie, so he can’t be that good. We need better WRs. Big time. With Josh allen, you’d think the bills would want to invest in protection for him. That hasn’t been the case. Outside of Morse and Dawkins- everyone sucks. We need a new LG, RG and RT. And Morse suffered his 6th concussion last night, his career is in question (and he’s a FA). We need 4 new OL next season. That’s gonna be tough.

Mcdaniels will have the offense humming as long as he’s there. He knows it’s all about speed and he’s going to make sure you have it. Hill and waddle are the best 1-2 in the league and it’s not even close. No matter which qb is under center, you’ll be in the mix. Thanks to them. I love the investments you’ve made in the OL. Everyone hasn’t planned out as you’d hope, but the potential is there when healthy. Tua isn’t a question mark anymore. He’s a good qb. He might be a great qb, it’s just too small of a sample size to qualify as great for my taste. Grier went all in while he’s on his rookie contract- giving you a stacked roster for the next 2 years with Tua making pennys.

Both teams are super bowl contenders for the next 2 years. In todays NFL, that’s all you can ask for. Things can change drastically in 2-3 years. Grier turned a non contender into a legit contender for the next 2-3 years with a couple trades. The trade down with the niners was a cash cow. It allowed them to go get the prizes named Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle. The rams won a SB doing that, but sacrificed this season and future seasons for it. Miami has a minimum 2 year window. Beane is building to be a 10 year SB contender, but that could cost the franchise a SB. We’ve kicked some cap down the road to sign Von Miller, but we’re in relatively good shape. We’ll lose couple players, as will every team paying a QB 45M.

Bottom line- both are SB contenders for this season and next, and that’s all you can ask to be. Play calling tweaks and a good plan can change a teams destiny. Both teams have great coaching staffs capable of devising a game plan to win on any given Sunday. Both have power house rosters. Enjoy the ride. It’s going to be an exciting 2 years.

Trying to look into the crystal ball past 2-3 years in the nfl is a waste of time. So much can change.

Back
Top Bottom