We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

Your acting like this joke of an organization has the scouting to find a franchise QB that is not blatantly obvious. Greir and most of the same dimwits are still running this organization which is why we are all so mad about these wins. This team has probably had 4 mediocre and 16 awful drafts in the last 20 years. The only way we get a franchise QB is by picking Tua or Burrow with the 1st or 2nd pick and that ship has already sailed

For every Elway, Manning, even a Stafford taken at #1 who works out, there is a Jamarcus Russell and Tim Couch taken #1 who are total busts.

What makes anybody think Tua and Burrow automatically fall into the superstar category? Nobody ever believes their #1 pick is a going to be bust, but some are....every year.

I do however agree with you regarding the concerns about Grier....I'm personally hoping Reggie Mckenzie is running most of the show behind the scenes.

Why?

Do you consider yourself more knowledgeable, smarter, and a better evaluator than the professionals?
Do you realize how many times I've heard this bogus argument? I can make a case for a handful of guys on this site alone that have a better track record, regarding the draft, then the so called "experts" running this team.

Do you realize how many times I've heard this bogus argument? I can make a case for a handful of guys on this site alone that have a better track record, regarding the draft, then the so called "experts" running this team.
I wasn't arguing about anything. I asked a poster a question.

Why do you try to stir s**t up? The poster gave me his honest answer, and that was the end of it.

You come along, 8 hours later, and take it wholly out of context.

I am really starting to think they like Josh Rosen alot more than anyone thinks, they are not planning on Drafting QB early this upcoming draft, they are planning to load up on very good Players early and often in Free Agency and the Draft. They will give Rosen every chance to do his thing in 2020. We will draft a QB very high in 2021 if this plan fails, we'll see how it all works out, GO DOLPHINS.
If you really think that, you need to be tested for a concussion because you are not thinking clearly. What leads you to believe that's how they feel? The benching of Rosen for a 37 year old journeyman QB or Rosen's two seasons of god awful performances?

I wasn't arguing about anything. I asked a poster a question.

Why do you try to stir s**t up? The poster gave me his honest answer, and that was the end of it.

You come along, 8 hours later, and take it wholly out of context.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board where people chime in and give their opinions. I didn't realize your public comment was only subject to one other person's reply. As far as being eight hours later, I just read the comment but I actually work for a living so waiting by the computer for your words of wisdom wasn't possible.

Bill Callahan announced today that Haskins will be the starter the rest of the way this season. They'll be facing the Jets, Giants and in 2 weeks the Lions, hopefully without Stafford. Maybe he'll get hot as there's very little tape on him.
Well that ensures another team having a higher pick than the Dolphins. Haskins is a dumpster fire.

Very true! That’s why I am leaning towards drafting multiple QBs. If Burrow and Tua are off the board I would draft Herbert, then Eason or Love in the 2nd and then Gordon in the 5th or 6th.

The problem with this strategy is the necessity to then roster these players all year. Drafting three QBs is not a real option. Drafting 2 may be.

Blowing our draft assets I mean having to use them to make a move for a qb.

miamis gonna do its damnest to get into position for it.

not sit and wait for it. And so yes every win when you are in dire qb need is blowing draft assets.

of course right now our other first round picks pittsburgh and Houston don’t even move the needle at the top of the draft based on where they project so guess what...get ready to part with future 1s lol.

I’m laughing cause what else can I f ing do. Miami is comedy.
Agreed. I never understood the Fitzpatrick signing. He was going to throw his way to 3-4 wins. I’m arguing with fans and “experts” that the GM should’ve required them to just play Rosen and take the Ls. Now we are looking at 4-12 for what.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was a message board where people chime in and give their opinions. I didn't realize your public comment was only subject to one other person's reply. As far as being eight hours later, I just read the comment but I actually work for a living so waiting by the computer for your words of wisdom wasn't possible.
Sorry to hear about you having a job that doesn't allow you the freedom to post on the interwebz. I actually posted from work.

It's not so much what you said that irritated me, but how you said it.

You didn't simply give an opinion, with the thought of a free exchange of ideas. You gave your opininion in such a way as to be insulting, and you did it purposefully.

I don't care that you choose to express yourself that way, but if you do, you shouldn't be suprised when ppl return the sarcasm.

Now, if you want to respectfully exchange ideas, philosophies, etc, thats fine. It's what I prefer.

If you just want to exchange insults, I can do that too, but I will quickly lose interest, as it really is not a productive way for one to spend their time, once the initial entertainment value has been exhausted.

Sorry kids, Miami is toast again.

The Dolphin 2020 draft is well on it's way to being another bust. Usually they wait until draft day to take a Charles Harris over a TJ Watt. They just couldn't wait to jam it up this year.

Fitz should have been released the moment they picked up Rosen. Huge mistake! Now you got nothing.

Get a hold of yourself

Sorry to hear about you having a job that doesn't allow you the freedom to post on the interwebz. I actually posted from work.

It's not so much what you said that irritated me, but how you said it.

You didn't simply give an opinion, with the thought of a free exchange of ideas. You gave your opininion in such a way as to be insulting, and you did it purposefully.

I don't care that you choose to express yourself that way, but if you do, you shouldn't be suprised when ppl return the sarcasm.

Now, if you want to respectfully exchange ideas, philosophies, etc, thats fine. It's what I prefer.

If you just want to exchange insults, I can do that too, but I will quickly lose interest, as it really is not a productive way for one to spend their time, once the initial entertainment value has been exhausted.
Your response to that other poster asking if he considered himself more knowledgeable than the professionals sure came off as a lot more snarky than my response to you. I was just pointing out that the "professionals" get it wrong all the time especially the "professionals" in charge of this organization.

Your response to that other poster asking if he considered himself more knowledgeable than the professionals sure came off as a lot more snarky than my response to you. I was just pointing out that the "professionals" get it wrong all the time especially the "professionals" in charge of this organization.
That's not what you said at all. Everyone realizes they make mistakes.

You said you could find numerous posters here who were better talent evaluators, than those actually employed by NFL teams.

Do you really not see the difference in the two statements?

Last edited:
So you don’t want to give Flo a shot next season? Seems a bit harsh but it’s your view and I respect it. I think I’d give him a fair crack. That Colts team we’re better on paper and they hadn’t suffered the ignominy of the first 2 game so of the season. Those kind of drubbings can hit your morale hard and yet they still 7 games later showed a lot of improvement which the coach should receive some credit for. He can only work with what he’s got.....
actually I'm fine with Flores returning next year. What I'm saying is we haven't learned anything about him yet. This year I is a freak show. Give him some players next year and then we can really evaluate him. Beating a 3rd string QB and a team like the Jets when they were in a death spiral doesn't mean much.

Back
Top Bottom