We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

Based on history, he would stand a much better chance of becoming an all-pro than a QB would. 2-3 slots, either way, will not increase or decrease your odds for success.
So what good would it be if Miami drafted the best tackle in NFL history but can't fix their QB position? Have you ever heard of Joe Thomas? He was one of the best left tackles in league history and his career record was 48 wins and 128 losses. So good luck with that.

Imagine being a fan of a team, and being mad that their coaching staff has gotten a 2 game win streak out of a roster that’s been left void of talent.

Name the top 10 QBs in the NFL right now. Now, of those 10, how many of them were the first QB taken in their draft? Now tell me why we need the first pick to rebuild our team.

I don’t trust this franchise to pick a QB that’s not obviously good. That’s why getting Tua was important. It’s a no brainer. Like luck was. Now we enter into our front office throwing **** at a board. No one should trust Grier to make the right choice.

If you were a player on the team, would you purposely play to lose, knowing a bad performance might end your career? There’s no guarantee that another team will sign you if you get cut.

I understand from a players prospective. However, I am a fan though and not a player..

Who the f ever said the players and coaches weren't trying to win or that my opinion or your opinion has any effect on the outcomes of the games? I'm just saying, what is the big picture plan of this hapless front office? Why trade a second round pick for a young QB and then strip down your roster for draft picks if the idea wasn't to develop the guy you traded for or set yourself up to draft someone else? But then you keep a more than competent QB like Fitzpatrick on the roster only to have him throw a monkey wrench into the rebuild plan? How does having Fitzpatrick winning games help this franchise long-term?

Winning is one of those things.....that if I have to explain it to you, it isn't really worth it because you are never going to get it.

As for keeping Fitzpatrick, why do you think the organization was trying to tank? Do they look like they are trying to tank? It appears to me they are trying hard to win while rebuilding the roster.

Well what do you expect we’re the dolphins.

I for one am looking forward to finishing the year 4-12, and then missing out on Tua, Burrow, and Young in the draft.

That means nothing. With all seriousness, name the 5 worst NFL franchises for the last decade.

I would say:
Cleveland
Detroit
Miami
Buffalo

We have had how many QB's start since Marino???

21!!!!!
And most of the reasoning behind the failures of the last decade have been replaced and burned. Grier haters argue he should be gone too but the cancer that was Tannenbaum is now gone.

Don't sweat it, It's above your level of comprehension. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Have a nice night....

You’d rather draft an olineman. It’s dumb as ****. This win over the colts does nothing. Half this team needs to be replaced. We need talent now. This coaching staff is good. I don’t need wins to validate that.

I think we all need to take a step back and realize our rooting interests mean nothing. Again, people act like those rooting for wins are making them happen somehow. It’s absolutely ridiculous. How are we supposed to act here. Should everyone just be mad because something the team was trying to do that we have no control over happened? Makes no sense.

So what good would it be if Miami drafted the best tackle in NFL history but can't fix their QB position? Have you ever heard of Joe Thomas? He was one of the best left tackles in league history and his career record was 48 wins and 128 losses. So good luck with that.
Dan Marino certainly won a bunch of Super Bowls. It's called a team for a reason...

Just realize that around half the people on the website think anything other than 0-16 is a failed season, and they will not listen to any other form of logic or reasoning. If it works in Madden, it will work in real life right? Nevermind that the last 1st overall QB picks were: Kyler Murray (small sample size), Baker Mayfield (juries not out yet), Jared Goff (good QB, not elite), Andrew Luck (retired now, was great/almost-elite when he played), Cam Newton (played at Elite level maybe 2 seasons in total), Sam Bradford (bust), Matt Stafford (great but never Elite), Jamarcus Russell (bust), Alex Smith (good QB, not elite).

The only choices there in the last 13 drafts that were elite were Andrew Luck and Cam Newton....so there's no logical reason to expect 1st pick == Elite QB

You’d rather draft an olineman. It’s dumb as ****. This win over the colts does nothing. Half this team needs to be replaced. We need talent now. This coaching staff is good. I don’t need wins to validate that.
You don't see talent on the team currently? Talent that for all intents and purposes is basically free? No one really mentions our cap space because of all this draft position crap but it is a literal gold mine they have built up. We do not need draft picks to fill in holes.

And also, I think we are seeing players develop that we will be able to sign relatively cheaply who will work as starters or backups.

There is no plan with this horrible organization. You don't deplete your roster and get the fans hopes up that they finally understand that you are nowhere without a franchise QB and that they are positioning themselves to get one but then keep a decent veteran QB on the roster to screw the whole plan up.

XACTLY!!!! That move, and a few others, were hints Miami WASN'T in tank mode. Just some people refused to believe it

Winning is one of those things.....that if I have to explain it to you, it isn't really worth it because you are never going to get it.

As for keeping Fitzpatrick, why do you think the organization was trying to tank? Do they look like they are trying to tank? It appears to me they are trying hard to win while rebuilding the roster.
That's my freaking point. What exactly is this front office trying to do? I can't figure it out or justify it. So they are trying to miiddle it as usual? So you think what they are doing makes sense? You're happy with Fitzpatrick getting wins for this franchise?

Back
Top Bottom