We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

You’d rather draft an olineman. It’s dumb as ****. This win over the colts does nothing. Half this team needs to be replaced. We need talent now. This coaching staff is good. I don’t need wins to validate that.
I never said I wanted to draft an O-lineman. I want to see exactly what we're seeing, progress. For me to be upset we won is kinda counterintuitive. Are we supposed to not be happy about a win until we draft who you think we should draft? Then is it ok? Just checking when it's appropriate to celebrate a victory...

You don't see talent on the team currently? Talent that for all intents and purposes is basically free? No one really mentions our cap space because of all this draft position crap but it is a literal gold mine they have built up. We do not need draft picks to fill in holes.

And also, I think we are seeing players develop that we will be able to sign relatively cheaply who will work as starters or backups.

We need a QB. Let me know where we can find a top ten QB in free agency.

That's my freaking point. What exactly is this front office trying to do? I can't figure it out or justify it. So they are trying to miiddle it as usual? So you think what they are doing makes sense? You're happy with Fitzpatrick getting wins for this franchise?
I'm happy anytime the Dolphins win.

I never said I wanted to draft an O-lineman. I want to see exactly what we're seeing, progress. For me to be upset we won is kinda counterintuitive. Are we supposed to not be happy about a win until we draft who you think we should draft? Then is it ok? Just checking when it's appropriate to celebrate a victory...

As long as you enjoy celebrating 6-9 times a year

That's not really true though. Talent is still the most important commodity here. A team can raise it's game under adversity, a team can play without pressure and expectation to a higher level than their skill level should dictate. But when you flip the switch and expect these guys to go and win you games and push for playoffs and championships, they can run on the "us against the world". Pressure is a huge thing in all sports and we are playing completely without it this season, that's a big reason why we've just won back to back games.

Yes we've found a few diamonds in the rough, like Biegel, Williams and Needham but if you think we don't have a roster that resemble a sieve then you are crazy, we need every last one of these draft picks we don't need to have to trade them away.

Seive? PIT game the D gave up about what other teams have. Last two games gave up less than 20. Seive?

So draft a QB and roll the dice, which is all the draft is anyways. So so each year till you hit. Fill the rest in with FA and other selections. The number 1 pick doesn't guarantee success.

It’s
Doesn’t but this year is not your typical draft. Legit QB prospect at the top. **** how can’t peopke see this. This isn’t any ole draft. we have the best QB prospect in 7 or 8 years and we aren’t gonna get it because we got two wins after we start the season 0-7. They are meaningless wins. Over Half this roster is getting turned over next year which means the majority of this roster won’t have anything to do with this season. **** morale booster wins haha WE NEED TALENT NOW. We got the coaches. I knew we had the coaches after the bills games. I don’t need wins this season to make me feel good. Getting talent at the QB position will make me feel good.

Wow, dumb as a box of rocks I see. I guess we should keep losing until we get one no matter how long that takes because we all know losing will GUARANTEE a franchise QB in the draft. You really can't be THAT stupid, can you? Snowflake? Far from it ahole...

If wins over third string QBs make you feel better than I shouldn’t piss on your parade.

It’s
Doesn’t but this year is not your typical draft. Legit QB prospect at the top. **** how can’t peopke see this. This isn’t any ole draft. we have the best QB prospect in 7 or 8 years and we aren’t gonna get it because we got two wins after we start the season 0-7. They are meaningless wins. Over Half this roster is getting turned over next year which means the majority of this roster won’t have anything to do with this season. **** morale booster wins haha WE NEED TALENT NOW. We got the coaches. I knew we had the coaches after the bills games. I don’t need wins this season to make me feel good. Getting talent at the QB position will make me feel good.
They aren't morale booster wins. Every week this team has been getting better and better. It is proof of concept that the coaches and players are progressing. A QB is important sure, but we will need to carry some players over next year.

You use a couple of curses during that rant so I assume you are pretty invested in your mentality which means this argument is kind of pointless but I would say like I do to some friends, just sit back and watch and enjoy the fact that at least we seem to have the more important piece of the puzzle in a head coach.

The problem is if they really wanted to tank they shouldn’t have signed Fitzpatrick in the first place or Flores should have kept Rosen as the starting QB.

Which tells you all you need to know about the supposed “tank”.

This team didn’t tank for one player, it’s just rebuilding.

I think a lot of fans needed a way to explain the impending demise after the Tunsil/Stills trade. Fact of the matter is the Dolphins could’ve easily just acquired Clowney in a trade with Houston and moved forward with Tunsil, Stills, Clowney and Minkah.

Personally, I’ve always maintained this “tank” was more about positioning themselves with as many first and second round picks as possible.....every year. Also maintaining a substantial amount more of cap space than everyone else by taking advantage of rolling over cap space.

Houston made us an offer we couldn’t refuse, it spiraled into something much bigger. The Minkah deal had more to do with MF than the Dolphins wanting to dump him.

I'm happy anytime the Dolphins win.
Good for you. I'm sick of going into every season knowing that Miami is never a serious Super Bowl contender because incompetent QB play. It's been twenty years since Marino has retired and not once since he retired have I had any hope that this team could win a Super Bowl. I was eight years old when Miami last won a Super Bowl. I'm now 54 and wondering if I will ever get to see this franchise win another one before I die. Nothing this rganization does inspires any hope that that will happen.

They aren't morale booster wins. Every week this team has been getting better and better. It is proof of concept that the coaches and players are progressing. A QB is important sure, but we will need to carry some players over next year.

You use a couple of curses during that rant so I assume you are pretty invested in your mentality which means this argument is kind of pointless but I would say like I do to some friends, just sit back and watch and enjoy the fact that at least we seem to have the more important piece of the puzzle in a head coach.

What do these wins get us? Especially when over 50% of this roster is getting turnovered? Like I said, I know these coaches are good. I don’t need to see any wins to feel better about them. Good coaches are great, if we could just lose some games we could have had the elite QB too.

If wins over third string QBs make you feel better than I shouldn’t piss on your parade.
We won because the Colts were playing their 3rd string QB against a bunch of scrubs of which the majority of them couldn't make it onto another team's roster?

Last edited by a moderator:
A young coach and his philosophy/culture is starting to emerge and your whining about blowing a season by refusing to quit on the field. You can’t tell players to lose. Why people still think that’s a thing is so hilarious. For 18 years we’ve been looking for a QB. Surprise we’ve also been looking for a HC. We’ve handed Flores a garbage roster and he’s squeezing wins out of them. A great HC can make any QB work.

Back
Top Bottom