We are blowing this rebuild... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We are blowing this rebuild...

QB is a big part of the equation, no argument here.

But does anyone think BB wouldnt win with Matt Ryan, Phillip Rivers, or some other decent QB?

We need our QB, you wont get any argument from me.
Considering he went 11-5 with a back up QB , there is a pretty good chance he would have. The Pats have more than just Brady and a bunch of players. They have a complete team, built by great coaching, in all facets of the game. Brady doesnt play defense or special teams. Both of those units always show up to play and play well. No high priced big names, just disciplined players that show up to play. Because of good coaching

Lamar Jackson looks like the best Qb of last years class. He didn't take a top pick.

Mahomes and Watson didn't need a top pick.

You need infrastructure and culture to make a Qb work. Flores and co. are looking like they maybe can do that.

Now it's up to the talent evaluators (our weak link).

No.....it just makes them Fans. I fully understand fans that want to go 0-16 and want to pick 1st in the draft......but the level of arrogance it takes to think your feeling or my feeling have any impact on what happens on the field is staggering. The players want to win. As a fan, I want to see them win, the coaches want to win. You are going to have to get over it because they are not going to cooperate with what you want to have happen.
Who the f ever said the players and coaches weren't trying to win or that my opinion or your opinion has any effect on the outcomes of the games? I'm just saying, what is the big picture plan of this hapless front office? Why trade a second round pick for a young QB and then strip down your roster for draft picks if the idea wasn't to develop the guy you traded for or set yourself up to draft someone else? But then you keep a more than competent QB like Fitzpatrick on the roster only to have him throw a monkey wrench into the rebuild plan? How does having Fitzpatrick winning games help this franchise long-term?

Imagine being a fan of a team, and being mad that their coaching staff has gotten a 2 game win streak out of a roster that’s been left void of talent.

Name the top 10 QBs in the NFL right now. Now, of those 10, how many of them were the first QB taken in their draft? Now tell me why we need the first pick to rebuild our team.

Like I said earlier, if we have to we can trade up for one. We have the ammo.

Personally, i'd prefer not to, but if we have to, then you go get the guy you want.

Luckily this is a pretty good year for QBs.
And unfortunately, every meaningless win this season costs more and more of the draft capital this team has accumulated to rebuild this roster if they have to move up to get a QB. Plus if there are teams in front of you that need QB's, all the draft capital in the world isn't going to get those other teams to move out of their spot.

Haha I’m sure you will be thankful for this win come draft night as we pick an olineman.
Based on history, he would stand a much better chance of becoming an all-pro than a QB would. 2-3 slots, either way, will not increase or decrease your odds for success.

Rebuilding is more than just the draft. 1st. We must evaluate who we have now. How can you properly evaluate players if you want them to "play to lose". Unless the plan is to get rid of all the players we have now, you can bet alot of these guys will be on the team next year. 2nd. Free agency. I believe we will be major players in free agency. How many free agents would want to come to a winless dolphins team (excluding the money) that looks like they are experimenting? 3rd. The draft depending on who we want to keep from this current team plus free agent acquisions will give us a good idea on where we are headed in the draft and also what we truly need. Rebuilding is more than just the draft. I applaude the coaching staff for installing a system for long term success (hopefully). And not thinking its as simple as intentionally losing just to get high picks in the draft. Thats lame. Its gotta be more than that.

Imagine being a fan of a team, and being mad that their coaching staff has gotten a 2 game win streak out of a roster that’s been left void of talent.

Name the top 10 QBs in the NFL right now. Now, of those 10, how many of them were the first QB taken in their draft? Now tell me why we need the first pick to rebuild our team.
That means nothing. With all seriousness, name the 5 worst NFL franchises for the last decade.

I would say:
Cleveland
Detroit
Miami
Buffalo

We have had how many QB's start since Marino???

21!!!!!

Trading away a franchise LT , DB, and so on is trying to win???

They are improving for what reason?? How does it benefit the future? Open your eyes...

I don't get it? How does our coaching staff getting improvements out of the no name , never heard of, street level, players on this team NOT benefit the future???

And unfortunately, every meaningless win this season costs more and more of the draft capital this team has accumulated to rebuild this roster if they have to move up to get a QB. Plus if there are teams in front of you that need QB's, all the draft capital in the world isn't going to get those other teams to move out of their spot.

I know, its not ideal. But face it, if we were winless right now, people would be bitching about how incompetent Flores is, and that we need a new HC next year too.

I am thrilled to see that we found a coach that can make lemonade out of lemons.

Let's be honest, this team isnt gonna win more than 4 games this year. Luckily, most of our competition for the first pick won today.

Cincy is a problem, they might go winless. But outside of Cincy, we are probably drafting in the top 3. Moving up a spot or 2 might not take as much as you think.

Still alot of football to be played this year.

Back
Top Bottom