We can still very much get up to the fifth seed... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We can still very much get up to the fifth seed...

NFL isn't happy with the Dolphins over the Ross tanking issue, Ross tampering issue and Tua concussion issue. All bring a black mark to the league so owners don't like it. The officiating in some games this year has shown it as well.
I agree with this and I think you really saw it in the Washington game as well. It's clear the NFL won't let Washington in the playoffs if they can help it. The difference with miami is that they have an offense that can put up points and that's what people like to watch. Offense is what makes the NFL money so I wouldn't be shocked to see some calls go our way over the next 3 weeks. I'm sure the NFL knows fans would much rather watch the dolphins in the playoffs over the jets or pats

Keep in mind that I think we are better than the jets and pats but I'm not going to complain if we get a couple calls that go our way. It's been 20 years of getting no calls and we finally have the elite offense that will eventually lead to favorable calls.

I agree with this and I think you really saw it in the Washington game as well. It's clear the NFL won't let Washington in the playoffs if they can help it. The difference with miami is that they have an offense that can put up points and that's what people like to watch. Offense is what makes the NFL money so I wouldn't be shocked to see some calls go our way over the next 3 weeks. I'm sure the NFL knows fans would much rather watch the dolphins in the playoffs over the jets or pats

Keep in mind that I think we are better than the jets and pats but I'm not going to complain if we get a couple calls that go our way. It's been 20 years of getting no calls and we finally have the elite offense that will eventually lead to favorable calls.

Part of it, IMO, is refs go into games with legitimate expectations. For example, talking heads will say 'Oakland's OL is the most penalized in the league' or 'McPherson is rarely called for a penalty.' Refs, being human, walk in to a game knowing there's little to gain by focusing on McPherson, but looks for holding against the Oakland OL. Just as QBs focus more on the weakest DB.
I DO think the better teams get less scrutiny - like it or not. I know no easy way to fix that.

We need to win out and have Ravens stumble, this will take us out of the 7 seed that will be either Bills or Chiefs. I like my chances with playing against Titans or Bengals.

I would like another shot at Cincinnati, Buffalo or a chance to play KC. Have to eventually beat the best. Would be a great measuring stick in the playoffs.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if both Cheatriots and Jesters each lose 1 game, all we have to do is beat 1 of them and we clinch?

Obviously we’re going to win out, but just for reference 😀

A rematch w/ Cinci where Tua is fully healthy intrigues me.
Ohh it’s tough, I really want a 3rd game vs Buffalo. I truly believe we were the better team last Sat. I also want to play KC to see how our offense stacks up (I can reserve that for the AFC Championship game).

I apologize for posting so much tonight when I’m a newbie. Been here for a long time just never posted and forgot I actually had an account. It’s the holidays and for the first time in a very long time I truly believe in this team.

MM has made a lot of mistakes, but he’s a rookie HC. He needs some seasoning and offense is covered.

I honestly think the reason he kept Boyers is he wanted to focus on offense first season, If defense continued like it did last year we’re good. He didn’t want to uphual (sp) both sides in the same season. No way Boyer is coming back.

Back
Top Bottom