We Got It Right (didn’t We?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got It Right (didn’t We?)

I was hoping Roquan fell but I had a feeling Da Bears would snag him. He fits their team well and fills a big need. Once he was gone, Mink was the top choice. So thankful I heard his name called at #11. Stud who fits the "culture" Gase wants.

Damn Straight we got this right!!! Best fit for a need that was glaring. His intangibles are through the roof.

The more read up on the guy, I saw him play a couple of games, the more I think THEY got it right. Miami secondary has been an issue. They needed big time help there. Most say he looks like a generational player. Hopefully he fits the bill.

Brother, rest easy. We didn’t just get it right, we are seeing the birth of a great FO. Two years in a row we stood pat and took BPA that was also a position of need.

Now we need TE, RB, LBER, DT, and kicker. We shouldn’t be upset in which order those needs are filled, or even if we grab a WR, CB, or OG/OT, as long as they are clear cut BPA when draft them.

Nobody expected Minkah to be there, just like nobody thought Tunsill would be there. Both are serious home run hits, even if they don’t pan out.

So don’t be upset if we pass on a Gesicki in the 2nd, because if a TE hasn’t bothered to learn an essential skill like blocking, maybe he isn’t what Gase wants on his team.
They got it right this year, but no.

The correct answer is we don't know and we won't know for some time. We are still working out if we got it right last year, hell we are still working out if we got it right for our QB 7 years ago. For our immediate needs the rest of the draft is key to knowing if he was the right choice for right now.

The more read up on the guy, I saw him play a couple of games, the more I think THEY got it right. Miami secondary has been an issue. They needed big time help there. Most say he looks like a generational player. Hopefully he fits the bill.

Wait, so you have no problem labeling him the BPA and patting the FO on the back after one year, but I need to wait to point out that he clearly wasn't the BPA and that the FO still sucks, regardless of getting this pick right (They'd have to put effort into ****ing it up by passing on Fitz, James, and Edmunds)? Well, that doesn't make any sense.

They got it right this year, but no.

Pick 22 wasn't really a great spot last year. Charles Harris looks to me like he's going to develop into a high quality starter. I really can't say they screwed that one up. Maybe down the road if Harris regresses, but I don't see that.

Wait, so you have no problem labeling him the BPA and patting the FO on the back after one year, but I need to wait to point out that he clearly wasn't the BPA and that the FO still sucks, regardless of getting this pick right (They'd have to put effort into ****ing it up by passing on Fitz, James, and Edmunds)? Well, that doesn't make any sense.
No I never said they are a good front office. I just said for THIS pick, they got it right.

I just don't get it. This team is in a division where two teams essentially traded up on draft day and got qb's, with 4 teams overall do that. What does that make on trade ups the last few seasons? Miami is in danger of again trying to compete with a lesser qb in a division with better ones. And what irks me the most is you draft a FS, a season after you sign one. Now you have to hope he can play LB. Only in Miami
Fact is none of these QBs are a sure thing. While I am clearly still not sold on RT as the long term answer, Miami does not have to get caught up in the QB frenzy with the rest of the division.

Remember these picks by the Jets and Bills are just their latest swings at getting a long term answer. I’m telling you that Darnold is no sure thing at all. Huge risk with him. Same with Allen who has less of a chance of being Wentz than being another Wentz.

Miami stood pat and grabbed a sure thing difference maker for the defense. I for one cannot watch TEs rape us week in and out any longer.

If RT gets hurt again or busts then Miami will need to go to Free agency. Let’s use the Vikings of an example of a team on the brink that built a tough team while missing on QB so went to FA to fill it.

The best case scenario is RT gets it done. While I am skeptical I remain hopeful. Gase and company have all their cards on the table laid out for RT.

Fact is none of these QBs are a sure thing. While I am clearly still not sold on RT as the long term answer, Miami does not have to get caught up in the QB frenzy with the rest of the division.

Remember these picks by the Jets and Bills are just their latest swings at getting a long term answer. I’m telling you that Darnold is no sure thing at all. Huge risk with him. Same with Allen who has less of a chance of being Wentz than being another Wentz.

Miami stood pat and grabbed a aure thing difference maker for the defense. I got one cannot watch TEs rape us week in and out any longer.

If RT gets hurt again or busts then Miami will need to go to Free agency. Let’s use the Vikings of an example of a team on the brink that built a tough team while missing on QB so went to FA to fill it.

The best case scenario is RT gets it done. While I am skeptical I remain hopeful. Gase and company have all their cards on the table laid out for RT.

The more I watch what's been going on this offseason, the more I start thinking: "What if Adam Gase and the Front Office are now all on the same page, know exactly what they're doing...and what if they're RIGHT?"

The more I watch what's been going on this offseason, the more I start thinking: "What if Adam Gase and the Front Office are now all on the same page, know exactly what they're doing...and what if they're RIGHT?"
They have a plan and are committed to it. Which is awesome. Getting the right kinda guys in and getting the attitudes out.

It was clear this team was fractioned and it’s high time it was cleaned up. I commend them. Let’s do this.

I just don't get it. This team is in a division where two teams essentially traded up on draft day and got qb's, with 4 teams overall do that. What does that make on trade ups the last few seasons? Miami is in danger of again trying to compete with a lesser qb in a division with better ones. And what irks me the most is you draft a FS, a season after you sign one. Now you have to hope he can play LB. Only in Miami

The only better QB is in NE.

They may have all their eggs in his basket but getting him some help is near dire at this point.

Tannehill's success hinges greatly on Tunsil, Parker and whomever we select at 42. I know who RT is and exactly what he's capable of and his limitations.

As much as id love to continuing building an awesome defense at this point adding wins to our 2018 season is most likely accomplished with an interior OL and TE.

I'd be willing to move up from 42 to get Hernandez or Daniels. I'd also do the same from 73 to get a TE.

I feel that way because i legitimately like Goedert, Gesicki, Andrews and Thomas. Fumagalli i would take in the 4th.

Can you really be mad when everything being said about the guy is basically that he's a coach on the field, extremely high football IQ, has sustained success and meets all the criteria athletically to be a top 5 pick? Usually, just having the brains & work ethic will make a player without the physical attributes be successful (many examples). When they are a top tier athlete too? That's usually a perennial pro-bowler. Also, this team has been dumb for years and needs some players like that. Hopefully, we get more.

Derwin James should have been the pick but we did not go wrong with Fitzpatrick. I was hoping for

1 Smith
2. James
3. Fitzpatrick

So although I was disappointed we did not get James because I feel he is a better safety, I do think Fitzpatrick is a solid player

Back
Top Bottom