We Got Names Boys! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got Names Boys!

Josina Anderson is saying that Pep Hamilton is being contacted by the Fins NOW for OC.

QB coach for the Chargers

Sorry for clarifying Contact not contract

Vinny thanks for posting brother but we already have 4 OC threads so i merged yours with the Chambers one.

Hmmmm....

Many think that's what Tua would excel doing.

Make good reads, take what's given, make accurate throws to recievers in stride, and methodically move the ball.

Obviously, in that type of offense you have to make some deeper throws to keep the defense from stacking the LOS.
Yeah, Tua will have to win a lot like Brady, Manning, and Brees wins games, but Tua has really good accuracy on his deep throws so it definitely needs to be part of the game plan. It's just too difficult to sustain thirteen play drives all the time.

Canada did mask Big Ben's weak arm for a long a$s time until it was figured out.

He might help Tua. This is not an attempt at throwing shade on Tua, though, lol!

Would love to hear more about Canada, as people online and things I’m reading seem to think he’s the guy we’re gonna pick.

looking strictly at his resume it looks like he fell out of favor quick as an OC many times (in college)
College coaches move around but he’s on an entirely different level as a vagabond. You have to wonder if there is a personality issue.

Ben looked like a guy that should hang em up after that playoff loss. Looked like that’s what his face was telling me.

I’m done
He looked old before the elbow and then he struggled this year. He lost a lot of the velocity on his throws. Much like fitz though he compensated by executing the system at a master level. Did a great job of anticipation and knowing where to go.

The injury and inconsistency of the offense finally caught them. He was struggling to hit deep throws which is why Claypool and Efron were ebrought in. A lot of those passes were tossed up and he hoped they could bring them in. He's just a shell of himself now

He looked old before the elbow and then he struggled this year. He lost a lot of the velocity on his throws. Much like fitz though he compensated by executing the system at a master level. Did a great job of anticipation and knowing where to go.

The injury and inconsistency of the offense finally caught them. He was struggling to hit deep throws which is why Claypool and Efron were ebrought in. A lot of those passes were tossed up and he hoped they could bring them in. He's just a shell of himself now

i think he took a hip or leg injury in the latter part of the season and lost his hip snap

looked to me like he no longer was bringing his hips

I find it interesting the that two Dolphins coaches named are the only carry overs from before Flores became HC.

Is it happenstance or is there some specific reason those two choices. If so, I wonder what they may have been?

I wonder how much input Flores has in this decision. I hope he has a lot of influence with Grier and that they both are on the same page.

I really hope they don't drag this out for a long time.

Depending on the target, could last til after SB

Im as big a Clemson fan as you'll find and can speak on Tony Elliott. He is extremely loved at Clemson not only bc he's the OC but he actually was a WR for the Tigers in 90s so he's been around Clemson pretty much his entire career. He's an absolute great great guy to speak with and is very intelligent. He was promoted to OC from RBs coach 6/7 years ago after Chad Morris left Clemson to become head coach at SMU. Our offense actually got better once Morris left and Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott took over in a CO-OC situation and it stayed that way for 5 years before Jeff Scott took the USF head coaching job last season. Tony was the actual play caller though and he's been interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs. He's a family man and he's very biblical.

With all that being said I'm not to sure about hiring him as our new OC. I love the guy I really do but he's never been an OC where he doesn't have the most talent on the field. Im not taking anything away from a marvelous job he's done but Clemson is so much more talented than any team we play in the ACC. I will give him credit for our 2 title runs as he was really good once we got to the playoffs but he's had DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence as his QBs since he took over as OC. So basically he's had the best player on the field since he became the play caller and that's what worries me as we run a very simple offense and we're more known for out talenting teams rather than out scheming them. Im not to sure how he would do in the NFL where the talent is basically equal and scheming/play calling actually determine the outcome of games much much more than college. I would pass on him for our Dolphins but if he was the choice I would support him 100%. I just wouldn't be near as confident as I would with someone that's more familiar with the pro level.

Back
Top Bottom