We Got Names Boys! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got Names Boys!

I hope we bring in someone from outside our organization. I’m not impressed with anyone internal.
This. I couldn't agree with you more. Our staff is defensively focused and that's fine but we got to score some points. I get that Flo is thrilled with 23-20 but over the course of a 16 game season were going to get in a shootout a couple times. Thats just the game of football in today's world. You got to have an offense thats capable of throwing up 35 any given Sunday. Im fine with how Flo is running the show and I'm also fine with winning 23-20 but chances are its going to take 35 or more to beat KC Buffalo GB NO or teams in the top tier when it matters. I don't think anyone in house is capable of putting an offense on the field that can produce those numbers regardless of who we sign in FA or draft.

I'd like to see someone from the outside come in like USC OC Graham Harrell. He's very young but also established as one of the best OCs in the country. He comes from the Air Raid tree but it doesn't mean we have to completely install that but we need concepts installed into the offense that come from the high up tempo offensive attacks you see today.

This. I couldn't agree with you more. Our staff is defensively focused and that's fine but we got to score some points. I get that Flo is thrilled with 23-20 but over the course of a 16 game season were going to get in a shootout a couple times. Thats just the game of football in today's world. You got to have an offense thats capable of throwing up 35 any given Sunday. Im fine with how Flo is running the show and I'm also fine with winning 23-20 but chances are its going to take 35 or more to beat KC Buffalo GB NO or teams in the top tier when it matters. I don't think anyone in house is capable of putting an offense on the field that can produce those numbers regardless of who we sign in FA or draft.

I'd like to see someone from the outside come in like USC OC Graham Harrell. He's very young but also established as one of the best OCs in the country. He comes from the Air Raid tree but it doesn't mean we have to completely install that but we need concepts installed into the offense that come from the high up tempo offensive attacks you see today.

Read this carefully. I'm NOT saying OC doesn't matter. OC, by himself, is of little benefit with the current weapons. Yeah, the O could score a little more, but not as much as fans want. OTOH, getting good weapons and keeping Chan would have improved the scoring.

I'd like the best OC available, but thinking the OC has magic beans is too far for me. Get the guy in soon enough he has input of the types of players he wants and names he wants. Get the right OC AND the right pieces for his system. Don't make a quick sign the priority, but get the guy in as soon as possible

It doesn't say anything about Mike McDaniel replacing LaFluer as the OC.

Worth noting LaFleur wasn't the OC. LaFleur was passing game coordinator. McDaniel has been running game coordinator. Shanahan drives the offense. He's the main playcaller I'm sure. That part won't change.

Read this carefully. I'm NOT saying OC doesn't matter. OC, by himself, is of little benefit with the current weapons. Yeah, the O could score a little more, but not as much as fans want. OTOH, getting good weapons and keeping Chan would have improved the scoring.

I'd like the best OC available, but thinking the OC has magic beans is too far for me. Get the guy in soon enough he has input of the types of players he wants and names he wants. Get the right OC AND the right pieces for his system. Don't make a quick sign the priority, but get the guy in as soon as possible
I understand what you're saying. We need more weapons and while I don't disagree with that at all the RIGHT OC can make a huge difference. An OC that knows how to scheme to his best players strengths and weaknesses can make a huge difference. The NFL is not college where teams have such a huge talent discrepancy over others. Yes some teams in the NFL are better but all teams in the NFL have talent that's why their in the NFL. So an OC that knows what he's got and what he don't can scheme over an edge in talent to level the playing field. We don't need the best OC in the league we just need a guy that understands who we are and what we have to put our guys in that right place to produce points. DVP and MG are really good players and we can win with them. Yes we need more but scheming can overcome an edge in talent as we saw this year. We had no business winning 10 games yet we did bc of scheming. I know we played a weak schedule by the numbers but I say the hell with that. Its still the NFL where everybody is good.

So are down to only in-house besides the guy from Clemson and pep Hamilton?

Back
Top Bottom