We Got Names Boys! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Got Names Boys!

Im as big a Clemson fan as you'll find and can speak on Tony Elliott. He is extremely loved at Clemson not only bc he's the OC but he actually was a WR for the Tigers in 90s so he's been around Clemson pretty much his entire career. He's an absolute great great guy to speak with and is very intelligent. He was promoted to OC from RBs coach 6/7 years ago after Chad Morris left Clemson to become head coach at SMU. Our offense actually got better once Morris left and Tony Elliott and Jeff Scott took over in a CO-OC situation and it stayed that way for 5 years before Jeff Scott took the USF head coaching job last season. Tony was the actual play caller though and he's been interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs. He's a family man and he's very biblical.

With all that being said I'm not to sure about hiring him as our new OC. I love the guy I really do but he's never been an OC where he doesn't have the most talent on the field. Im not taking anything away from a marvelous job he's done but Clemson is so much more talented than any team we play in the ACC. I will give him credit for our 2 title runs as he was really good once we got to the playoffs but he's had DeShaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence as his QBs since he took over as OC. So basically he's had the best player on the field since he became the play caller and that's what worries me as we run a very simple offense and we're more known for out talenting teams rather than out scheming them. Im not to sure how he would do in the NFL where the talent is basically equal and scheming/play calling actually determine the outcome of games much much more than college. I would pass on him for our Dolphins but if he was the choice I would support him 100%. I just wouldn't be near as confident as I would with someone that's more familiar with the pro level.
Great insight and it looks like he is not looking to leave, great for you guys.

Well, looks like Mike LaFleur has gone to the Jets.

This is also worth noting. It appears Godsey took over as QB coach in second half of the season. I hadn't realized that. I thought he handled the TE group.

So a TE coach is the one who was grooming Tua? Am I missing something?

Honestly, I didn't care what vets it was making those comments including guys like X or Gesicki etc. My though would have been lets find a way to shiip them out. No one, imo, on this team is irreplaceable. The culture of this organization needs to be bigger than one player.

I desprately hope we find out who made those comments. This team doesn't need that cra$. Honestly, If you don't like it here or don't believe in the FO vision that's okay. Lets allow those players to find a more ideal situation for themselves.

I'm even more confident that Coach Flo and Co are going to get this team into the playoffs and make them competitive every season going forward.
Great post.

One last point. Lets take a journey in the players shoes. You’re upset with the QB situation. You think you could’ve gotten to the playoffs and made some extra $$$ on the bonuses with Fitz. You’ve got to say something.

Out of all people, you choose ARMANDO SALGUERO to air this out to? Armando? Out of all the media members, both National and local who would’ve bit on this story?

Whoever it is should get cut for decision making alone.

Back
Top Bottom