We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

NO WAY, SCUMBAG!!
1st of all, I HAVEN'T PULLED THE SHADY MOVE of leaving before my 2 week notice. Unlike you who's trying to justify the most rediculous thngs such as Ricky leaving thru your own incompetency. 2nd-Even if I did leave a day or two after giving 2 week notice, if you haven't noticed-RICKY GAVE NO KIND OF NOTICE!!!! THis thread is a waste of my time and reading eyes..CLOSE THIS BIA!!!!!!

Resect is earned!

As a runner he has my respect!

As a man - no.

He handled his leaving with no honor. As a grown up you sometimes have to do things the hard way - like not running out on your teammates at the last min. with no notice and no consideration.

I do believe in redemption and perhaps he has learned a lesson. If he ever comes back is up to Saban and reallly a non-issue to us, until it were to happen.

RUFF :fire:

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.

I don't owe anyone 8 million dollars!

Ricky is a great HB and that I respect him for. But my loyalties lie with the Phins, I place them over any player including the great Marino and this is saying alot. if Ricky comes back more power to him, but I will never fell the same way about him farless respect him.

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

:yeahthat:

Demented Dolfan said:
Resect is earned!

As a man - no.

Absolutely.

I have nothing more to add. These say it all.

Demented Dolfan said:
Resect is earned!

As a man - no.

He handled his leaving with no honor. As a grown up you sometimes have to do things the hard way - like not running out on your teammates at the last min. with no notice and no consideration.

I do believe in redemption and perhaps he has learned a lesson. If he ever comes back is up to Saban and reallly a non-issue to us, until it were to happen.

RUFF :fire:

I feel the same way specifically in regards to respect being earned, redemption, and aboce all else it's Saban's call based on HIS judgement.

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Calling you stupid would violate the TOS, so I'm going to call you diputs.

I hope Ricky gets hurt by Matt Roth in practice

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

:lol:

Well put.
Kills me how some people view the world. Scary actually.

Anyone who quits a multi million dollar a year job to go smoke weed and live in a tent has NONE of my respect. I loved watching the man run, but as a person....nothing!

Krush said:

Yea, some minimum wage flunky job I may have, but not one that pays me millions of dollars...also, he has said that he quit because he tested positive for drugs..if I test positive in my line of work, I get fired...no questions asked...and cannot return, even with another company...so I have no remorse for him...however, I also have no problem with him leaving, just leaving with the intent of hurting the FO of the Fins...that is what it looked like to me, besides the drug issues...

You all describe the people the original poster is talking about. Funny how you guys are still filled with bitterness even when the actual players on the team dont really care anymore!

Ricky had a job and he quit. People do it ALL the time. It is just that the stage is bigger in his case. For people on this message board (many of whom whose life revolves around the Fins), the stage is HUGE in their perception.

Yeah he got paid millions of dollars. Yes he was part of a team. But in the end, it is still a job. I think some of you hate Ricky more than you hate Osama bin Laden.

The funny thing is, nobody will be talking about this anymore if Ricky comes back and becomes a big producer on this offense.

For the Ricky haters: Dont root for him if he comes back. Dont wear his jersey if he comes back. Dont cheer when he scores a TD. Dont celebrate if he gets 150 yards in a winning playoff game. Why? Because then you would be a trader- just like Ricky.

Krush said:

Give me a break with that comparison. :shakeno:

Jnaledu3 said:
You all describe the people the original poster is talking about. Funny how you guys are still filled with bitterness even when the actual players on the team dont really care anymore!

Ricky had a job and he quit. People do it ALL the time. It is just that the stage is bigger in his case. For people on this message board (many of whom whose life revolves around the Fins), the stage is HUGE in their perception.

Yeah he got paid millions of dollars. Yes he was part of a team. But in the end, it is still a job. I think some of you hate Ricky more than you hate Osama bin Laden.

The funny thing is, nobody will be talking about this anymore if Ricky comes back and becomes a big producer on this offense.

For the Ricky haters: Dont root for him if he comes back. Dont wear his jersey if he comes back. Dont cheer when he scores a TD. Dont celebrate if he gets 150 yards in a winning playoff game. Why? Because then you would be a trader- just like Ricky.

So by all accounts, you know exactly how EVERY player feels on the team? Or because Zach Thomas was once quoted saying he might welcome him back, a comment he made under extreme durress when they were getting blasted all over the field during their disastrous 4-12 season last year? Man at that point, busting Cecil Collins out of the joint might have sounded feasible to Zach Thomas.

I think it's a little bit more complicated in the locker room then that chief.

Back
Top Bottom