We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

Jnaledu3 said:
The old family analogy huh?

Okay well then, wouldnt you want to give someone who made a mistake in your family another chance to correct the situation? Or would you turn them away?

Dont you want people in your family that have problems to correct them and go onto live successful happy lives?

Let me make things clear, I don't hate the guy, it's his life to live and it has no affect on mine. But what he has for close friends and family backing him, might not be good for him now.

Yes, I agree with you 100%, on giving a guy a chance, but he contacted reporters and other writers after his first commentary. And what did he have to say about his original statements? How can you give someone a chance, when they do not admit a problem or want any help?

He still lambasted his teammates, the team and the coaches. Right or wrong, he showed that he needed help. I am sure he had plenty of time to think about his own family (his kids), and what happened after that? He was taken to court to pay child support.

He is a full grown adult, with mental problems. He knows that taking the proper medication he can function normally. But he refuses to do this, and I am more than sure that his close friends, and family members have tried to help him. Like you said the family would give him another chance. Have they succeeded? I don't know, only time will tell.

Again, I don't hate the man or his actions, but he has burned his bridges with this organization, without any remorse over the last 10 months, and as we currently know, has not tried bridging the gap. The way he "still' acts on a personal level, shows that he has no respect for others...

MarksBrothers85 said:
Wow, do you want a cookie or a medal?

While not everyone can relate to what Ricky did, I can. I have the same exact anxiety disorder as Ricky (Social Anxiety Disorder) and let me tell you something it ain't a walk in the park, whether you're on Paxil or not. Why don't you try and look at both sides of the story before you get all high and mighty on everyone. By the way, I'm sure if Ricky does in fact return this season, you and everyone else will be going nuts with the possibility of a Ricky-Ronnie combo in the backfield.

I will admit that I was pissed at Ricky last year. After everything that went on, I didn't want him back no matter how bad we needed him.

On the other hand, I always felt that the reason he made his decision is that he got off of his Paxil and started hitting the whacky tobacco. I'm not an expert but I believe that one of the effects of MJ is that it tends to make you less motivated. Combine the MJ with his non-use of Paxil and I think it can be concluded that at the time of his decision to quit football, his mental state wasn't very clear and he felt that this was the best decision for him. I know it's pleading insanity but mental illness is serious.

If he is intrinsically motivated to get help and willing to toe the line w/ the dolphins and the NFL, I'm all for his return. If not, then I'd rather he stay retired. The question is which Ricky will we see in July.

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

****ing owned!

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.

NO, NO AND NO.. this must be a joke. .

You mean people have left their jobs to do drugs ....... in India?

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

What ricky did was the business equivalent of being a project manager and leaving right before the project is about to be finished. Therefore the business can not find another project manager who knows as much about the project as the guy who quit, so they desperately find a crappy person to spot check it until next year when they can get a new guy in.

Anytime this project manager, after quitting on his company, would try to get a new job, im sure the current company would try to ruin him for screwing them over and costing them millions.

I have never quit a job without giving my 2 weeks notice. A person who makes 3-4 million a year probably wouldnt do that either.

Dave Chappelle gave up 50million to go hang in South Africa and left with no notice if you are looking to compare.

Krush said:

DUMB.... DEE DUMB..... DUMB

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

no that is funny, lol

GreenMonster said:
Dave Chappelle gave up 50million to go hang in South Africa and left with no notice if you are looking to compare.

Big difference. Chappelle was offered 50 million to speed up his show for a deadline. He was offered future $'s, he didn't steal $ like Wicky did.

Yeah, quitting your job and quitting and NFL team are pretty diffrent dude, but you dont leave your job when the work gets to hard or cuz you feel like it. He left when we needed him most and he breached a contract we dont have Contracts for our jobs

GreenMonster said:

Well I am sure he is not seeing a penny from endorsements, or from every re-run of his shows from the past 2 seasons?

The only thing he seems to be running away from is stress, and I guess that has not hurt anyone by it or criticized anyone for that matter...

Disnardo said:
Well I am sure he is not seeing a penny from endorsements, or from every re-run of his shows from the past 2 seasons?

The only thing he seems to be running away from is stress, and I guess that has not hurt anyone by it or criticized anyone for that matter...

Remember he did this a month before the premier, and he didn't tell a soul until someone found him in South Africa.. People that run the show and the company depend on Dave and pay him well to show up.. Like Ricky he could have atleast said, No Mas..

Back
Top Bottom