We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

In a lot of ways Ricky has proven himself to be a poor excuse for a man and it has nothing to do with football. Perhaps Ricky should show respect to those people who put their lives on the line every day to keep drugs off of our streets before you ask that he be respected as a person. From my perspective he'd have to publicly swear off the drugs, get treatment, and do what he can to keep kids off of them to earn my respect.

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly!

EXACTLY!!!! This is such liberal BS. Surely we shouldn't blame RW for his actions. We may hurt his fEEEEELings. WHAT-EVER!!!

Yeah, and every time any normal person burns a bridge in the real world are they able to cross it again??? Didn't think so!

Great post Krush! All the bitterness and hate is misplaced. Its not about Ricky, its about Wanspiel handing us the worst year in history!!! Now that sucks, not ricky retiring.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
I think that Ricky quit because Wanny ran him sooooo much, no one should have to take a beating like that especially if it doesn't help there team to atleast get to the playoffs. Most players would have wanted a trade but Ricky quit and the time he did it is the thing that made me the most agrivated. Atleast, as many others have posted he could have announced his retirement at the end of the season (when he probably didnt know he was gonna) or played out one more season and talked to Wanny about his carries and gotten help etc. That is what makes me the angriest.

Never heard E. George or Emmitt Smith or anyone with any stones complain about being used too much!!

Uh, he still is a quitter. I for one have never left my teammates or to use your comparison "Co-Workers" in a pinch like he did. I am also very replacable and never did any company I worked for have it's future riding on my back. The comparison sucks and so does ricky.

arsenal said:
so leaving at the worst possible time, then continuing to bash the team and players in interviews for some odd reason, then having your lawyers talk to the NFL acting like your willing ot come back last year just to turn around and say no again is ok... we should still respect him after all that?

I think that was his lawyers doing it for their own sake mostly, and i dont remember all that much bashing, but hey maybe my memory is foggy.

TARHEEL38 said:
EXACTLY!!!! This is such liberal BS. Surely we shouldn't blame RW for his actions. We may hurt his fEEEEELings. WHAT-EVER!!!

I think the bottom line is that every person is going to do what they think is best for them and/or will make them the happiest. So for that i cant fault him, but i do think he should have given more notice out of respect. Will i welcome him back? Yes.

csabe said:
Never heard E. George or Emmitt Smith or anyone with any stones complain about being used too much!!

They are both good people. Ricky has some problems but Emmitt and Eddie are clearly different then Ricky is.

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.
Ummmm...actually, I've never smoked pot, so you need to take that crap somewhere else

dolphinfan2k5 said:
They are both good people. Ricky has some problems but Emmitt and Eddie are clearly different then Ricky is.

My point exactly!

csabe said:
My point exactly!

lol I'm not saying he didnt do wrong I'm just saying I think that Ricky couldn't handle that, I'm not supporting him.

Back
Top Bottom