We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

FireWrongstedt said:
Okay man- I smoke pot myself, so I'll never criticize Ricky for smoking. But I've never quit a job and let down people that were counting on me nor will I ever quit a job to smoke pot. So no, I don't think any of us have ever done whay Ricky did.

Do you? So how's the weather up there Cheech? :jk:

dolphinfan2k5 said:
lol I'm not saying he didnt do wrong I'm just saying I think that Ricky couldn't handle that, I'm not supporting him.

Not accusing you of supporting him. He did try to purp like he was alright when he got traded to us, right?

MarksBrothers85 said:
Wow, do you want a cookie or a medal?

While not everyone can relate to what Ricky did, I can. I have the same exact anxiety disorder as Ricky (Social Anxiety Disorder) and let me tell you something it ain't a walk in the park, whether you're on Paxil or not. Why don't you try and look at both sides of the story before you get all high and mighty on everyone. By the way, I'm sure if Ricky does in fact return this season, you and everyone else will be going nuts with the possibility of a Ricky-Ronnie combo in the backfield.

Both, if you've got them.

I'm sorry to hear that you've got Social Anxiety Disorder. However, I'm guessing you probably have more sense in your head than to embark on the chain of events that Williams did. I did look at both sides of the story. And you know what? His side still sucks. Don't try to tell me that a social disorder excuses the litany of ridiculously stupid and selfish things Williams did. Thousands (millions? I don't know the number) of people function perfectly well with similar problems.

If Williams had simply decided shortly after the Super Bowl that he was tired of the fame and the spotlight, and retired, no one would have faulted him. He could have taken the exact same course of action, i.e. smoke dope, go camping, walk the earth, whatever, and if he had done all that shortly after the 2003 season, rather than shortly before the 2004 season, no one would have cared. THAT'S the big problem. And if you still think I'm just "not seeing his side of the story", so be it.

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.
Are YOU really a Miami Dolphin fan????????????????
The week before T-C opens the Bong master decides that he is through with football and tells the organization and the FANs to basically F***OFF.... :eek:
Some in this fan base know what R Williams really is ....
And some just are completely BLIND...
Puff puff boy is a TRAITOR...
And the ONLY reason that he will ever be seen in a backfield is because of his 8 million dollar debt...
And he said he could care less about money...
Yeah he has my respect :rolleyes2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shakeno:

Marino1983

grendel said:
Great post Krush! All the bitterness and hate is misplaced. Its not about Ricky, its about Wanspiel handing us the worst year in history!!! Now that sucks, not ricky retiring.
Soooo the whole 4-12 season last year was ALL Wanny's and Spielmans fault??
:lol2:
You better take those #34 sun rays off and open your eyes bud....
:shakeno:

Marino1983

Justasportsfan said:
You mean people have left their jobs to do drugs ....... in India?

Honestly, it cant of been the first time, lol.

FinsFan74 said:
Ummmm...actually, I've never smoked pot, so you need to take that crap somewhere else

You know thats not what he's infering, btw try it some time quite relaxing :)

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Spare me. The only people that do what you supposedly think everyone else has done are those who are non-professionals. I have never walked out on a job and left others to repair any damage I might have done. Unlike you, there are some of us who have integrity and a sense of responsibility.

No, I have not quit a job without giving a sufficient notice..............and you also say football players put their "health" on the line? We'll in my job, I put my life on the line (5 days a week) and I don't make near the money a football player makes. And there are millions of other blue collar workers that do the same. So really, sympathy? For someone who could have almost anything he wanted? To play a sport? Who did not even take in consideration his whole organization when he retired?

Ohh yeah, thats right - he put his "health" on the line!!!!

Krush said:

The football player doesnt put their health on the line every sunday for "your" entertainment. He puts his health on the line to line the pockets of his wallet,to make a living and to feed his family not because he wants to entertain everyone.

Hey Correct Me If I Am Wrong But Isn't Florida A Right To Work State? Meaning An Employer Can Fire You For No Reason What So Ever. Lol, Not That It Applies In This Case (umm Contracts Etc) But We All Know That Nothing Is Gauranteed. If Ricky Would Have Gotten Hurt, How Much Of The Money That He Didnt Earn Would We Have Had To Pay Him? Look At Boston, We Had To Pay His Arse And He Didnt Even Play A Down. In Any Case Again, Ricky Is Worth More To Us As A Fin Then He Is Hiking In The Himilaya's. All Of You Stuck On The Fact That Marajuana Is Illigal, Alcohol Is A Much Bigger Problem In The League And In The Us In General Than Weed Is.

phunwin said:
You're absolutely right, Krush. We have all done what Williams did once. We have all, at some point in our lives, walked out on everyone who was depending on us without a moment's notice because we were afraid of flunking a drug test, all so we could go wander the earth, smoke pot, and turn our back on our illegitimate children. In the process, we ruined our employer, got our boss fired and flirted with a bankruptcy filing. Absolutely. Brilliant comparison.

Why are you wasting your brilliant powers of insight here? Clearly, there is an Ivy League institution somewhere that could use you as a guest lecturer. Go, quickly![/QUOTE

OHHH LMAO... What a burn (where the hell is that bowing lil round man at?)..
I'm even on the official bring ricky back thing.

:lol:

I truly feel that most of us are disappointed and have our hatred against Ricky because we feel betrayed. We feel like he walked out on us, which is true. This isn't like some teenager quitting his job at a fast food place every other month and walking out. A lot of people depended on and were counting on Ricky. He let his teammates down. He let the fans down. I understand that Ricky suffers from Social Anxiety Disorder. I may understand this better than a lot of people here for the simple fact that I have also been disagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder as well as Depression. I too, like Ricky have used the the anti-depressant Paxil (used for treating depression and anxiety). And let me tell you, those types of perscription drug medications really screw with your head. One of the biggest mistakes I made was taking that medication as well as going on and off it (sometimes without telling the doctor). I'm assuming Ricky made the same mistake as I did because I recall him saying that he stopped taking Paxil because it was interfering with his diet. Which is true any medication or drug can make you gain weight or lose weight. And we all know how important a diet is for a football player or any athlete for that matter. One of the most important things for a professional athelete is their diet, no doubt about that. I honestly don't blame Ricky for wanting to get off that medication. That is one of the only few things, I don't blame him for.

Also like Ricky I myself have also smoked marijuana a few times before. Never once in my life did I ever become addicted nor would I ever try any other drug. My brother was heroine addict, and I just seen all the stress and worst possible things imagined that, that could put through a family. I remember Ricky once saying "Marijuana works me better than Paxil ever could." When he said that... it just really hit me because I've experienced the same EXACT thing and completely agreed. Paxil didn't help me much, and I went off it too quick and it screwed my mind up... I almost ended up committing suicide because of it. Never once in my lfie was I ever truly suicidal before I had taken Paxil or any type of medication for that reason, that just is an example of how much if affects your brain and why you should never go off it without the doctor knowing and going off it slowly. I made a mistake, and I almost let a lot of people down because of it... unfortuately Ricky did let a lot of people down but in a different way. When it came to anxiety, smoking weed helped so much more than Paxil or any other medication ever could. It just hit me so hard when he said that. My favorite player at the time... quitting the NFL. Leaving the Miami Dolphins. Going off Paxil (The same medication I had taken) and smoking weed which I had tried when I never thought I ever would have.

As for now, I haven't smoked in months, actually don't think I have since last summer to be perfectly honest. I've only smoked a few times in my life, and for the most part it was more for treating the anxiety and helping with the depression more than it was just for fun. I was always with friends and girls whenever I did though, I never did it alone. And only a few times total in my lifetime. The point I'm trying to make by all this is, I don't condone Ricky's actions for what he did to the fans, the team, and this whole organization. I really truly can relate what he is going through or has went through and it's really ashame. I'm very fortuate, and I wish Ricky dealed with everything differently and it could have all turned out a whole lot better... and he could just be seeing a psychiatrist every so often... working on his problems... yet still be in the NFL. He didn't have to continue endorsing he smoked marijuana, bash the team... deny that he had done anything wrong. Deny any apologies whatsoever. I like Ricky, have made a mistake (many mistakes... hell we all have), and I truly feel I have changed and become a better person. Ricky is (well was) in his mid to late 20's when this all happened. He's got to be more mature and more responsible for his actions and what he says.

They say some people never change, I would like to believe that doesn't go for everyone, but I realize it some cases, it's true. I understand this may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I want to believe that if Ricky does come back he will be a changed man and not only like he was in 2002 but better than that. I'm just talking physically and athletically, but mentally. Because that's where the route of all his problems lie, mentally. First thing he has to do or if he hasn't already is get off the weed. Second is start working on being more positive, being responbile, being mature, and not only showing but believing in hardwork and dedication that he still has love for this game and would still like to play for this organization. Next he should continue working out to get back in shape to what he once was or the best he can be, if he hasn't already.

Again, this is all just wishful thinking but I want to be positive about it and hope for the best. I learn never to count on Ricky again and what he has done for us, but I'm not giving up hope yet. I'm still going to believe there's a chance he can change and prove a lot of the doubters wrong, and that it will all be for the best. I know better than to count on that happening, but my by no means am I counting on that. I'm sorry I wrote like 500 pages worth of me blabbering, but I've wanted to share my personal insight on the situation. I've been delaying posting in this thread because I wanted I knew I would have a lot to say and I wanted to think about it before I actually did it. Hell, I could go on for so much more but for anyone who's made it this far. Thanks reading. And apologize for everyone else for taking up so much space. Thanks you.

--Mike

Back
Top Bottom