We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

GreenMonster said:
Remember he did this a month before the premier, and he didn't tell a soul until someone found him in South Africa.. People that run the show and the company depend on Dave and pay him well to show up.. Like Ricky he could have atleast said, No Mas..

He didn't leave the show, as in it is never happening again. They were pushing him to speed up things to make a May 31st deadline to air the show. He wasn't willing to do that. Or at least that is what he is saying.

There is no comparison to Wicky and Cheppelle.

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Ricky might come back to the dolphins, please respect him as person.

You're right. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say that I've quit 3 jobs, not 1, that payed me millions of dollars and gave me fame and fortune...just to go get high in a tent. Everybody does this at one time or another. :rolleyes:

I feel bad as well for quitting on Carmen Electra (Before she was with Dennis Rodman), Ashley Judd, and Shania Twain. To think I'd get all those women with child and leave them just like Wicky Rilliams did to his kids.

Krush said:
Why don't you Ricky Williams hater take a chill pill, some of you fin fans have given your job a 2 weeks notice and you actually left before they could find a replacement for you.

Ricky did what was best for him just as you would for yourself. I think sometimes we look at atheletes as people who are in a three ring circus. I don't like the way things went down with ricky but I respect his decision and so should you.
The football player put their health on the line every sunday for your entainment, your office pools, and so you can wear your favorite team logo, but in the end we don't respect them as people because we're so much better?

Okay man- I smoke pot myself, so I'll never criticize Ricky for smoking. But I've never quit a job and let down people that were counting on me nor will I ever quit a job to smoke pot. So no, I don't think any of us have ever done whay Ricky did.

ohall said:
He didn't leave the show, as in it is never happening again. They were pushing him to speed up things to make a May 31st deadline to air the show. He wasn't willing to do that. Or at least that is what he is saying.

There is no comparison to Wicky and Cheppelle.

Both are paid millions to do there thing, both left because they were digruntled with their employers, both left without any notice, and lastly both can comeback when they want. I see alot to compare.

What inspired you to even create this thread? How many "forgive Ricky" threads are gonna friggin come out? Seems like every two weeks someone makes this exact thread... :shakeno:

I could care less if he smokes pot and would rather tour with Lenny Kravitz. What I do care about is the children he's had out of wedlock who will not be provided for once his cash runs out and he has to pay back the Phins over 8 Million dollars. He's a terrible role model.

Krush said:

You need to read up on his past and you might re-think what you spewed.

GreenMonster said:
Both are paid millions to do there thing, both left because they were digruntled with their employers, both left without any notice, and lastly both can comeback when they want. I see alot to compare.

Chepelle is coming back, and when he does it will be at the reg schedule time for the show to be written and produced. No one is suffering from his decision to not take EXTRA money to speed up the shows production. If he took the offer it would have been EXTRA work not agreed upon work. I hope you can see the difference.

Outside of these TWO men smoking a lot of pot and both being black men I don't see your point at all.

We need not minimize what Wicky did to his team and the fans of the Miami Dolphins.

dolfanrodney said:
Sounds like your more of a Ricky fan then a Dolphin fan so maybe you should create your own site like maybe whatrickydidwasok.bong Ricky screwed us period. We drafted Ronnie Brown, he is our future. Ricky does not deserve to ever wear a Dolphin uniform again as far as I am concerned. If Saban takes him back and Ronnie has to split the carries with him I will puke.

:roflmao: :lol:

Chepelle is coming back, and when he does it will be at the reg schedule time for the show to be written and produced. No one is suffering from his decision to not take EXTRA money to speed up the shows production. If he took the offer it would have been EXTRA work not agreed upon work. I hope you can see the difference

i don think chapelle's show is gonna run a third season this year. Just another AA gettin alot of money and haulin a$$ to go campin and africa. I can hear it know Dave and Ricky's insight on Marajuana show, will be right back after we sign a 50 million dollar bonus, hollar

Ricky made a mistake. I do hope he comes back and turns his life around. All the people who continuously bash Ricky are hypocrites - acting as if they've never done anything wrong or made a mistake.

Ricky screwed us - but I still kind of like him

at least he is not that greedy athelete who only is motivated by money like Edge for instance...
Really it impresses me queite a bit that he hat the guts to do what he has done. To decide that all the money is not that important to him and that he wanted to go another direction with his life. I really think that every man should have that oportunity to decide on every day.

But - on the other hand he screwd us. The timing was bad and you just can't do that in team sports.

I'm no sure i I want him back.

I think that Ricky quit because Wanny ran him sooooo much, no one should have to take a beating like that especially if it doesn't help there team to atleast get to the playoffs. Most players would have wanted a trade but Ricky quit and the time he did it is the thing that made me the most agrivated. Atleast, as many others have posted he could have announced his retirement at the end of the season (when he probably didnt know he was gonna) or played out one more season and talked to Wanny about his carries and gotten help etc. That is what makes me the angriest.

Back
Top Bottom