We Have all done what Rickey Did Once. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Have all done what Rickey Did Once.

Jnaledu3 said:
You all describe the people the original poster is talking about. Funny how you guys are still filled with bitterness even when the actual players on the team dont really care anymore!

Ricky had a job and he quit. People do it ALL the time. It is just that the stage is bigger in his case. For people on this message board (many of whom whose life revolves around the Fins), the stage is HUGE in their perception.

Yeah he got paid millions of dollars. Yes he was part of a team. But in the end, it is still a job. I think some of you hate Ricky more than you hate Osama bin Laden.

The funny thing is, nobody will be talking about this anymore if Ricky comes back and becomes a big producer on this offense.

For the Ricky haters: Dont root for him if he comes back. Dont wear his jersey if he comes back. Dont cheer when he scores a TD. Dont celebrate if he gets 150 yards in a winning playoff game. Why? Because then you would be a trader- just like Ricky.

The thing of it is...if he comes back and is effective, while he's playing, sure...I'll be cheering him on...but for every cheer there will be the wonder if that was his last rush or game before he quits again...If he'd walk out on his team at the start of TC...after "being such a driving force" in the offseason as he was...why wouldn't he hit a 45 yard run for a TD and just keep going thru the endzone and out of the stadium like Forrest Gump did ?? What is to stop him from doing something like that...(yes, that is a bit of an exaggeration)...Point is...we cannot trust him, at least not yet and his teammates and coaches, I'm sure, feel the same way...

Jnaledu3 said:
You all describe the people the original poster is talking about. Funny how you guys are still filled with bitterness even when the actual players on the team dont really care anymore!

Ricky had a job and he quit. People do it ALL the time. It is just that the stage is bigger in his case. For people on this message board (many of whom whose life revolves around the Fins), the stage is HUGE in their perception.

Yeah he got paid millions of dollars. Yes he was part of a team. But in the end, it is still a job. I think some of you hate Ricky more than you hate Osama bin Laden.

The funny thing is, nobody will be talking about this anymore if Ricky comes back and becomes a big producer on this offense.

For the Ricky haters: Dont root for him if he comes back. Dont wear his jersey if he comes back. Dont cheer when he scores a TD. Dont celebrate if he gets 150 yards in a winning playoff game. Why? Because then you would be a trader- just like Ricky.

Oh please :rolleyes: You honestly believe that JT, Zach, and the other players really "don't care" if he comes back or not? They are saying what they have to say, because they are all in a position of uncertainty with a new coach. Every man on this roster has to prove his worth to the new coach, so openly disagreeing with the new coach on whether to bring Ricky back is not an option for anyone who wants to stay in Miami. I bet Ricky is absolutely reviled in the locker room.

You know, not everyone does what Ricky did. Not everyone who is the single most significant piece of the puzzle in their job just up and quits to smoke grass. Not everyone is a pothead. Not everyone wants to live in India to escape criticism and illigitimate kids.

I for one will not welcome Ricky back, or cheer for Ricky if he starts producing with this offense. I won't forget how much a scumbag Ricky is, regardless what he does on the field. IMO, taking Ricky back can only hurt this franchise. He costs too much money, he has lost substantial weight, he is an emotional basketcase, and he won't even be available for the first four games of the season. This is why we drafted Ronnie Brown. Brown is the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and will get payed 2nd pick money. A top flight running back isn't as critical as it used to be, and there is simply no reason to pay two of them. Ronnie Brown is here. He should start. It's about time Ricky grew up and learned from his mistakes, which isn't going to happen if he keeps working the system. Ricky is done. I hope he stays far away from this organization.

Okay, I'm going to chime in :

Many of you are talking like these millions of dollars are more important than the man's happiness. What is this world becoming ? Sad.

Look, I was mad at what he did last year ,just like all of you. I'll admit, it was as much for selfish reasons as it was for anything else. I wanted my team to win. I do think he should have been more timely about quitting, but what's done is done. If the players accept him back, and his heart is in it, then I think he should come back.

Okay, he's a pot smoker. I don't smoke weed, but I'd bet by the mass amounts of "marijuana should be legal" threads that I've seen in my time on this website, that about half of you smoke it too. If you smoke it, or feel it should be legal, then why do you open your mouths so quickly to criticize someone who feels the same way? That's kind of hypocritical of you to do so.

The more I think of it, the more I'm not mad at the guy. I hope he can put his addiction aside, and give us back the Ricky we used to know. If he can, good. If he can't, it's no loss to us. This Ricky thing is basically a no lose situation. Saban isn't going to let it be a distraction.

No, personally I have never surrendered millions of dollars in favor of hollistic medicine education on the west coast...if thats what you mean.

Krush, Sorry to add to your Post, but...

Using your own anology you...

Blame others for your own mistakes...

Make accusations on others, as proof of your mistakes...

Think of yourself, without the worrying of family repercussion...

Quit on your family, friends and neighbors when they need you the most...

Don't care about your kids, if they have clothing to wear, food to eat, or their education...

Don't care being looked at as man that aspires to being a bum...

Use illogical excuses for your wrong doings...

Quit a job that you love doing, even when you make millions...

Sorry, had to make it short, but I hope you are not like Ricky Krush... :confused:

I really hope so...

No ones forcing you to like Ricky. I personally have been a supporter of his since the beginning. Its his life, he can do what he wants. Its not like he retired a day after he got a bonus. But, if you do have strong hate aganist him don't cheer for him, don't wear his jersey etc. Im sure if he does come back he would rather not have you guys cheer for him when he scores a touchdown.

Disnardo said:
Think of yourself, without the worrying of family repercussion...

Quit on your family, friends and neighbors when they need you the most...

Don't care about your kids, if they have clothing to wear, food to eat, or their education...

The old family analogy huh?

Okay well then, wouldnt you want to give someone who made a mistake in your family another chance to correct the situation? Or would you turn them away?

Dont you want people in your family that have problems to correct them and go onto live successful happy lives?

Jnaledu3 said:
The old family analogy huh?

Okay well then, wouldnt you want to give someone who made a mistake in your family another chance to correct the situation? Or would you turn them away?

Dont you want people in your family that have problems to correct them and go onto live successful happy lives?

Since when is always welcoming someone back the best thing for your family, or that person? Sometimes, all you are doing is enabling them to continue in their bad behavior. You know, decisions have consequences, and shielding your family from them can be just the opposite of help.

I suspect this has been the case for Ricky, and several pro athletes, their entire lives.

When I was in High School, I quit a job at Burger King without giving 2 weeks notice. I was told I could never work for the organization again.

maybe, but im sure my coworkers didnt like it to much..

but at the time, that was the point :D .

Scrap said:
Okay, I'm going to chime in :

Many of you are talking like these millions of dollars are more important than the man's happiness. What is this world becoming ? Sad.

Look, I was mad at what he did last year ,just like all of you. I'll admit, it was as much for selfish reasons as it was for anything else. I wanted my team to win. I do think he should have been more timely about quitting, but what's done is done. If the players accept him back, and his heart is in it, then I think he should come back.

Okay, he's a pot smoker. I don't smoke weed, but I'd bet by the mass amounts of "marijuana should be legal" threads that I've seen in my time on this website, that about half of you smoke it too. If you smoke it, or feel it should be legal, then why do you open your mouths so quickly to criticize someone who feels the same way? That's kind of hypocritical of you to do so.

The more I think of it, the more I'm not mad at the guy. I hope he can put his addiction aside, and give us back the Ricky we used to know. If he can, good. If he can't, it's no loss to us. This Ricky thing is basically a no lose situation. Saban isn't going to let it be a distraction.

We're not criticizing him (at least I"m not) on smoking pot, that's his choice. The criticism is pointed towards him running away from his team. He ran away because he got caught smoking again. Don't blame the gun, blame the idiot holding the gun.

As far as a "no-lose-situation", I can't agree with you. I'm more than willing to welcome him back. I'm just worried he'll get busted again screwing us out of a valuable roster spot and bringing more unwanted media attention to the team. Can you imagine all the damn questions our players will be hit with all season long if Ricky comes back? Damn distracting to say the least. And if Ricky quits again/suspended, the barrage will be even worse. No more distractions. If Saban can find a way to force Ricky to take his SAD pills everyday, then I'd more than welcome Ricky back.

I criticized him running from the team too. I know have realized that part of it was me being selfish. If they (the players) can overcome it, then I'm willing to do so too.

I also have an anxiety disorder. (not SAD) I understand how stressful things probably can get for him. Pills or no pills .....it ain't a cakewalk.

phunwin said:
By the way, just to establish my right to ride my high horse, I've never left a job with less than 2 weeks notice, not even the job I had schleping popcorn at a movie theater. The last job I left, I was going to give two and ended up giving them an additional week because a whole bunch of work had just come in. I even stayed late on my last day.

So uh, no, I don't see where Ricky's coming from, even assuming that your ****amamie analogy somehow applies to us everyday working schmoes.

Wow, do you want a cookie or a medal?

While not everyone can relate to what Ricky did, I can. I have the same exact anxiety disorder as Ricky (Social Anxiety Disorder) and let me tell you something it ain't a walk in the park, whether you're on Paxil or not. Why don't you try and look at both sides of the story before you get all high and mighty on everyone. By the way, I'm sure if Ricky does in fact return this season, you and everyone else will be going nuts with the possibility of a Ricky-Ronnie combo in the backfield.

The reason I don't repect or trust RW is that he walked out on his teammates, his friends and his family. it's not about the money or the game. It's about your word. Less than a month before he walked out on the team he made a speech to them saying he was going to take a leadership role with the team. Now if you believe what he said about his leaving, "that he'd been thinking about it since the Buffalo game (I think)" then he basically stood there and lied to them, to their face. Less than a week before he left, he complained about not being able to spend times with his kids. A week later he's off for two months of world travel without his kids.

I don't do that and I don't respect people who do. As a teammate I want someone I can depend on. Not a guy who I have to make an alternative game plan for b/c I don't know if he'll be here at the end of the week. That's not how you build a team, especially not an overachieving team. If Saban is expecting him back as teammate then I think he is making a mistake. If Saban thinks that RW could behave well enough to have some trade value in a year then that makes sense to me. RW has been an untrustworty individual. That's the only basis we have for predicting what he will be in the future. IMO those of you who are predicting 150 yd games and playoff victories lead by this man are living in a fantasy land. In the real world this expectation is unrealistic.

Billybob said:
When I was in High School, I quit a job at Burger King without giving 2 weeks notice. I was told I could never work for the organization again.

Exactly! The truth is a lot of us have at one point or another quit a job without giving enough notice. It probably had negative consequences for the employer, too. For that reason you would probably never be hired back by that organization. Period. I'm guessing Burger King wasn't nearly as affected by the loss as the Dolphins were by Ricky (no offense man). :shakeno:

If you quit a job without reasonable notice you will not get hired back. Not the next year. Probably not 10 years later. The reason? You are unreliable and can't be trusted to handle your resposibilities like a mature adult.

Everyone has the right to quit. It's how you do it that makes a difference. Not one of us would get hired back by an employer we screwed over. Ricky is no different. He even took it a step farther and disrespected everyone on the team by going on tv and making light of what he did.

We can find someone else to carry the rock. Ricky is not worth sacrificing the dignity of the organization that we love. Not for one season. Not for 10. We will win again without him; he made his choice lets move on.

Back
Top Bottom