We Need a Deep Threat @ WR | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need a Deep Threat @ WR

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
You are on CRACK..I don't even think you really believe what's your saying..And where do you suppose we just find these speedy WR's? I mean, there's plenty of them just laying around hunh!!

Yeah, I mean every team in the league has at least 4-5.:rolleyes:

Chambers is our deep threat....just wait till the O-Line gives Feeley time to throw it.

RONNIE BROWN is a DEEP threat. He can run under a 4.4 and burn the middle of the field while Chambers burns down the side. There is your "double deep threat"

What about Kendall Newson? Granted hes been hurt (Achilles tendon). Doesn't Kendall Newson have that fabled 4.25 speed?

RWhitney014 said:
Yeah, but you need two legit deep threats...Minny got nowhere with just Moss...and I realize it had a lot to do with their defense...but whether it's Gilmore, Huggins, Hakim, or Boston, we need to get someone to come in and step up.

Speaking of Boston, anyone know his status with the Fins?:cooldude:

I didn't bother to read this entire thread, but did anybody bother to mention that football isn't a track meet?

Look, Chambers is a good deep threat. He burned Gary Baxter and gained more separation after the catch - even with the ball and the occasional look back. Marty Booker had a 45 yard catch against New England - all in the air. If Booker can get downfield, then Chambers certainly can. Really, almost any WR can be a deep threat. Track meet speed doesn't automatically make you a deep threat. It's a combination of ball placement and arm strength (the QB) and the receiver's ability to catch the ball.

I've seen Keyshawn make a lot of great deep catches, and he isn't fast. Randy Moss catches a lot in traffic - that's a testament to his hands and catching ability rather than his speed. I PLAY football, and my best deep threat is split between a short burner (fast, about 5'6") and a giant hands beast with good speed (6'3", 210).

wow... i cant wait till chambers blows up this year if the O line holds up... so you guys can quit saying we need a top of the line WR... just remember this post... when chambers finally puts up the numbers hes supposed too

NorFlaFin said:
What about Kendall Newson? Granted hes been hurt (Achilles tendon). Doesn't Kendall Newson have that fabled 4.25 speed?
that's what I thought. he seemed very fast to me in the couple of games he actually played.

phinswin said:
wow... i cant wait till chambers blows up this year if the O line holds up... so you guys can quit saying we need a top of the line WR... just remember this post... when chambers finally puts up the numbers hes supposed too
noone said Chambers isn't capable of cathcing deep balls. he is fully capable so long as the MIA running game is on fire and the DB are in the box. What we are saying is a deep threat is someone who can get downfield fast meaning the DB's do nothave the luxury of setting in the box and then dropping back. this opens up the slot receivers, TE's and backs in the short/mide range passes. uh, hello?

Back
Top Bottom