We Need Jimmy G | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need Jimmy G

Have to disagree there. Money is at least a big part of a decision. If the amount available to spend were unlimited it would be different, but a #2, by definition, is not going to be expected to carry a team. I really do not see the point, or wisdom, of spending (for example) 18m on a backup. While I'm sure some ppl reading this will say "who said anything about spending that much?", just take a look at how much mediocre, or worse, QBs are getting these days.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. My position is, given the 3 QBs named by the OP - Jimmy G, Minshew, Dalton - the money difference, according to 2022 contracts, isn't that significant.

Perhaps I wasn't clear. My position is, given the 3 QBs named by the OP - Jimmy G, Minshew, Dalton - the money difference, according to 2022 contracts, isn't that significant.
Ah..... got it. I would point out that JG made a lot more (relatively) than the other two last year. I see what you are saying, though. None of them are going to break the bank.

I think Jimmy Garropolo is going to want to start. Another factor, he's also injury prone. It's rare that he's made it through a season.

I think Jimmy Garropolo is going to want to start. Another factor, he's also injury prone. It's rare that he's made it through a season.
IDK, I think he, at some level, has to realize that he isn't getting a starting gig at this point in his career, unless it is a bridge/placeholder situation.

We know Tua is one hit away, from not a season ending injury, but worse.

EVERY QB is one hit away.

The 2 QB’s in the SB have had their own issues. Jalen Hurts missed games this season and Patrick Mahomes is playing at less than 100% with an ankle injury. Josh Allen injured his UCL and Mr Irrelevant might be out 6 months with the same injury.

Not only that, you suggest another QB with a checkered injury history that is “one hit away” and was just knocked out this season by one hit.

Stop with the madness.

Last edited:
I stand by bringing in Daniel Jones to compete with Tua. I think Jones is a better fit and (slightly) more durable than Jimmy G.

Here’s a thought. How about we fix the effing Oline. See Eagles Oline 2022-23.

Then maybe we won’t have qb injury issues.

All this nonsense talk about not having a good qb ignores the real issue: we have a phucked up Oline.
Actually we need to make sure our QBs stay healthy...especially Tua.

Seemingly the majority of Dolphins fans on this forum are super panicky and overreactive. To everything.

Most of all, they think one-dimensionally.

Addressing the oline should be priority #1 Priority #1b should be teaching and developing the QB’s so that they learn how to play smarter and protect themselves better.

I stand by bringing in Daniel Jones to compete with Tua. I think Jones is a better fit and (slightly) more durable than Jimmy G.
no man GIF

Given our other needs, how much would you want to spend on a #2 in the current situation. It's fine to say this guy, or that guy, but broad statements do not address context such as cost, expectation, etc.

That's the problem. Where do we balance the backup QB vs. need positions? Especially after wasting $6M on Bridgewater to give us as little as humanly possible from a guy who's played real NFL minutes.

Which then begs the question, what's more needy than a backup QB with this club? A LB? Definitely not! A starting CB? Maybe. A starting RT? Probably.

I am ok with ST if I believe he will make improvements. Which you'd expect he will with an off season of detailed training.

I'd also hope to take a stab at another late prospect. Preferably someone who offers some athleticism, as its a tougher trait to adjust to in game should that scenario arise. Someone like UCLA's Dorian Thompson-Robinson, 6th or 7th round would be a decent add.

But coming back to the OP and his post. I've never liked the idea of potentially adding Jimmy G to this team, until now. I'd consider it but it would be contingent on him taking a significantly lesser amount of money than he might get to be a bridge QB in Indy or Atlanta. $10M is out of the question, although he can have post season and playing time incentives out the ass.

Back
Top Bottom