We Need Jimmy G | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need Jimmy G

I guess my two cents on the issue would be... whatever vet backup qb you bring in, do you really think they could drive the team to the playoffs if needed? If not, than I don't see the point in over paying for the role. If we're going to start talking about the 2024 draft if Tua gets injured next year, then you might as well let Skyler and some other place holder qb handle the job and try to get as good of a draft pick as you can. If I were to add a vet, Marriotta might be on my redar. Mentor to Tua, has mobility skills (which always comes in handy for a backup) and likely not to expensive at this stage.

This year we have few draft picks, so we need those to count, and fix real issues, but we can pick up one again with our 7th or Draft FA.
I'm one of Tua's biggest fans on the board. These concussions are VERY serious and the teams biggest problem by far. This year showed that he is prone to get concussions quite easily. When he came back he wasn't the same QB. He NEVER really regained his form once injured. We are hoping with a capital H that he will come back all better and light it up with Waddle and Hill. As an insurance policy if a guy like Hooker is there with our #2 we should make it happen. Start developing a young guy right away. Hooker has great size, he's slick with his feet and he can make all the throws, We also need a veteran to back up Tua and it's got to be a guy that can win us some games if uno is out. Than we've temporarily solved the QB room which killed our season this year. We had nobody behind Tua and that included Skyler who's a project imo and Teddy who simply stole our money.
Let's not kid ourselves about what we all saw very clearly this season. We have a huge problem with these concussions. It would be amazingly great to never see Tua hurt again but I fear that long term it might go the wrong way. So typical Dolphin, we get the greatest QB ever and of course, there's an injury issue that could derail his career. I couldn't be more angry and disappointed but those are the cards we are holding. That's why I think we better start developing a guy like Hooker or someone similar.

I think Jimmy G will end up starting somewhere and he will cost at least 10 million which isn’t doable for us

I'm one of Tua's biggest fans on the board. These concussions are VERY serious and the teams biggest problem by far. This year showed that he is prone to get concussions quite easily. When he came back he wasn't the same QB. He NEVER really regained his form once injured. We are hoping with a capital H that he will come back all better and light it up with Waddle and Hill. As an insurance policy if a guy like Hooker is there with our #2 we should make it happen. Start developing a young guy right away. Hooker has great size, he's slick with his feet and he can make all the throws, We also need a veteran to back up Tua and it's got to be a guy that can win us some games if uno is out. Than we've temporarily solved the QB room which killed our season this year. We had nobody behind Tua and that included Skyler who's a project imo and Teddy who simply stole our money.
Let's not kid ourselves about what we all saw very clearly this season. We have a huge problem with these concussions. It would be amazingly great to never see Tua hurt again but I fear that long term it might go the wrong way. So typical Dolphin, we get the greatest QB ever and of course, there's an injury issue that could derail his career. I couldn't be more angry and disappointed but those are the cards we are holding. That's why I think we better start developing a guy like Hooker or someone similar.

I somewhat disagree that he is prone to get concussions very easily.

The shot he took against the Bengals was insanely bad, can't remember a shot taken by a QB in the last 10 years that was as brutal as that one.

So though he looked really bad early, that night he seemed to have shaken it off, and was on the plane with his team, and only took two weeks before he came back...Though I was extremely guilty of of hoping to see him back sooner rather then later, truth seems he probably should not have come back for at the very least a month.

The 2nd concussions happened in the Packers game. Tua was lighting up the Packers, and looked like Miami might score around 40 on the Packers, but one hit triggered back what seemed like the ongoing Concussion he had during the Bengals game.

You have to admit the QB Tua was in the first three games was not exactly the QB he was when he came back. He looked like that QB in quite a few games, but he was not as consistent as he normally is...especially in the 2nd half and more specifically the 4th quarter. That should have told us that Tua was not 100%, something was off.

The Dolphins 100% shut him down after the Packers game, and he will be getting all the rest and getting healthy this whole off-season. Next season we should have an actual healthy version of Tua, if he again resorts to having Concussion symptoms or goes back to again being in Concussion protocol, then can we say he might be prone to Concussion.

For now that cheapshot (that as I said earlier, if it has happened to, Brady the NFL would have gone after the defensive player with all they had including huge suspension) was just to huge a shot for anyone, and Tua just might have needed more time to get back to 100% healthy.

I somewhat disagree that he is prone to get concussions very easily.

The shot he took against the Bengals was insanely bad, can't remember a shot taken by a QB in the last 10 years that was as brutal as that one.

So though he looked really bad early, that night he seemed to have shaken it off, and was on the plane with his team, and only took two weeks before he came back...Though I was extremely guilty of of hoping to see him back sooner rather then later, truth seems he probably should not have come back for at the very least a month.

The 2nd concussions happened in the Packers game. Tua was lighting up the Packers, and looked like Miami might score around 40 on the Packers, but one hit triggered back what seemed like the ongoing Concussion he had during the Bengals game.

You have to admit the QB Tua was in the first three games was not exactly the QB he was when he came back. He looked like that QB in quite a few games, but he was not as consistent as he normally is...especially in the 2nd half and more specifically the 4th quarter. That should have told us that Tua was not 100%, something was off.

The Dolphins 100% shut him down after the Packers game, and he will be getting all the rest and getting healthy this whole off-season. Next season we should have an actual healthy version of Tua, if he again resorts to having Concussion symptoms or goes back to again being in Concussion protocol, then can we say he might be prone to Concussion.

For now that cheapshot (that as I said earlier, if it has happened to, Brady the NFL would have gone after the defensive player with all they had including huge suspension) was just to huge a shot for anyone, and Tua just might have needed more time to get back to 100% healthy.
I recall that criminal cheap shot that injured our star QB. It was done with malice in an effort to put him out of the game. It did worse than that, potentially much more but I pray not. You are so right about if it were Brady there would have been a Federal Indictment!! It's so hard to know about the brain and near impossible to predict how Tua's health will be going forward. One good idea is to keep building that offensive line with massive, talented players to protect QB and keep building the running game and get a TE that fits this scheme, sorry that was 3 ideas!! If the team does everything in it's power to keep him safe and somehow teaches him how to fall that would be great. I just want Tua to play great and be healthy from now on. That's what I am hoping for along with everyone else. If able we should hedge our bet in the draft by drafting a QB and grab a vet to back up Tua, Mariotta?

Some people call jimmy garapolo fragile. What is tua then? Glass boy?

You don't seriously think Tua is the greatest QB ever do you? Top 10 currently in the NFL, yea I can see that. Thinking he's top 5, okay I can maybe see that. But greatest all time? You have to be joking.

Anthony Anderson Abc GIF by HULU

Club Option
PLAYER (38)POS.AGEFROMTOGPSNAPSPAYDSPATDRUYDSRUTDINTFUM2022 AAV
Tom BradyQB45.4TBTBD171,1614,69425-1195$15,000,000
Baker MayfieldQB27.8LARTBD125882,1631089189$8,170,745
Sam DarnoldQB25.6CARTBD63181,1437106236$7,561,929
Jimmy GaroppoloQB31.2SFTBD116142,4371633243$7,000,000
Teddy BridgewaterQB30.2MIATBD51416834274$6,500,000
Daniel JonesQB25.7NYGTBD161,0403,20515708756$6,416,014
Case KeenumQB34.9BUFTBD2248$6,000,000
Mason RudolphQB27.5PITTBD$5,080,000
Jacoby BrissettQB30.1CLETBD157862,60812243266$4,650,000
Geno SmithQB32.2SEATBD171,0234,282303661118$3,500,000
Joe FlaccoQB38NYJTBD42399025635$3,500,000
Andy DaltonQB35.2NOTBD146852,871185495$3,000,000
2022 salaries, for these FA's. These will be higher when signed to long term deals obviously. NOT CHEAP! I am all for 2024 Draft!

Last edited:
Some people call jimmy garapolo fragile. What is tua then? Glass boy?
Iron man is more appropriate for Tua compared to Garoppolo.

Garoppolo
2016 Shoulder / AC Joint
2018 ACL in his knee
2020 High Ankle Sprain
2020 High Ankle Sprain (again)
2021 Torn thumb ligaments and bone fracture
2022 Shoulder Injury
2022 Foot Fracture

Back
Top Bottom