We Need Jimmy G | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need Jimmy G

Stetson Bennett to me is the most polished QB in this draft, go get him if possible/
Chappelles Show Lol GIF

Definitely the most mature

We know Tua is one hit away, from not a season ending injury, but worse.

Reports suggest Dalton and Minshew as top back ups, but to me Jimmy takes the cake. I don’t know what he makes today, but I’d create enough salary cap to sign him as the highest paid backup QB. 1 year deal with a player option perhaps. I’m sure we would have his ear as McD has ties to him from SF.

Look, I know we don’t have cap space but if we do land Fangio we’ll have a top 10 team on both sides of the ball and can’t risk a lost season again.
Why would he come to Miami..when he can start somewhere else...

I feel like Jimmy G could be the ideal pick up for a team that has Tua. Who or what was Nick Foles when he won the Superbowl with the Eagles? He was a guy that some thought could be a really good starting QB. He had shown great potential. It turned out his best role in the league was being the backup who would come in and lead a team in the playoffs.

I don't love or hate Jimmy G, and I don't have any misconceptions about him taking over this team and becoming a top 3 or top 5 QB in the league. Coming in for an injured starter might be Jimmy G at his very best. Teams would not have really planned for him, etc.

Jimmy can’t take even pedestrian hits. Plus I think someone will pay him to be a starter.

Daniel Jones and Jimmy G are going to be starters somewhere and get at least Marcus Mariota money (~$12m per). Probably more than double that in Jones' case. JG maybe goes to the team that takes Levis or Richardson high so they have a good bridge option for 1-2 years if the raw rookie is not ready. Danny Dimes will be some GMs undoing when he gets ~$30m, but he is still likely to get that on a deal that is easy to get out of.
I think Thompson is fine as a backup if the OL is better. The biggest difference between a guy like Thompson and Purdy is time to throw. I was amazed watching 49ers games seeing Purdy just sit back there for 4 seconds waiting for one of his 4 elite weapons to get open before even having to move around in the pocket. Then compare that to the game against buffalo where Thomspon was being pushed from the pocket almost right after the snap on several plays. They both had some rough "oh s***!" throws under pressure, but Thompson was just under pressure more often. The OL will make the bar for a backup QB to succeed a lot lower. Obviously you can't ever build a good enough line to not have your QB ever get pressure (see the niners against philly), but we have a lot of room to improve there.
If we are talking vet backups in the Bridgewater salary range, I'd go for Mike White or Taylor Heinicke. Both are vets who seem to be tough and can rally a team for a couple games even if they aren't starters in the league. Bonus points for Mike White coming from playing under another SF OC the last 2 season.

I actually agree with you I think he would be the perfect back up and if our QB room is Tua, Jimmy and Skylar I would feel good about that going in to the season. I don’t know why you’re getting roasted so bad

We need a backup thats durable. Not fragile like
Jimmy G. He's very low on my list, did we learn nothing from Teddy Two-the-IR
You have to remember Jimmy G's injury history is based on playing a 16 (now 17) game schedule. That's taking a lot more snaps than would be required to fill in for a game or two. The more you're out there, the greater the chance for injury. That will be minimized in a diminished backup role. It's the law of averages. Lower snap total = Lower risk... :shrug:

Stetson Bennett to me is the most polished QB in this draft, go get him if possible/
Is he out on bail?
He might’ve got even more polished in the joint!
Probably going to hurt his draft stock a bit, but the kids a winner.

You have to remember Jimmy G's injury history is based on playing a 16 (now 17) game schedule. That's taking a lot more snaps than would be required to fill in for a game or two. The more you're out there, the greater the chance for injury. That will be minimized in a diminished backup role. It's the law of averages. Lower snap total = Lower risk... :shrug:
You would think so by the law of averages but then there was Bridgewater.... lol.

Back
Top Bottom