We Need Jimmy G | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need Jimmy G

We know Tua is one hit away, from not a season ending injury, but worse.

Reports suggest Dalton and Minshew as top back ups, but to me Jimmy takes the cake. I don’t know what he makes today, but I’d create enough salary cap to sign him as the highest paid backup QB. 1 year deal with a player option perhaps. I’m sure we would have his ear as McD has ties to him from SF.

Look, I know we don’t have cap space but if we do land Fangio we’ll have a top 10 team on both sides of the ball and can’t risk a lost season again.
All depends on money but he’s a perfect fit.

Aside from Jimmy wanting to start, do people really expect to land him for Bridgewater like salary or less? He’s not signing for that, lol. With the limited resources available, do you really want to allocate that much cap space into QB2?

Realistically, I see him at the very least being able to find a gig with an opportunity to win a starting job in camp. There’s always a shortage of starting caliber vet QBs available, and Brady retiring shifts the landscape even more into Jimmy’s favor.

I think Dalton and Minshew are both more realistic options, and both guys are capable of winning some games in a pinch.

Jimmy Garrapolo will be the starting quarterback for wherever he signs in the offseason. Carolina, Jets, Rams, wherever. He's not at the point in his career where he should be taking a back up job when he's better than low tier starters in the league.

Jimmy Garrapolo will be the starting quarterback for wherever he signs in the offseason. Carolina, Jets, Rams, wherever. He's not at the point in his career where he should be taking a back up job when he's better than low tier starters in the league.
His injury history should scare the **** out of any coach looking his way. Any coach taking the chance on him puts their own career on the line for him. Saleh is first in line.

I stand by bringing in Daniel Jones to compete with Tua. I think Jones is a better fit and (slightly) more durable than Jimmy G.
They’re not bringing in anyone to compete withTua, much less that stiff.

You don't seriously think Tua is the greatest QB ever do you? Top 10 currently in the NFL, yea I can see that. Thinking he's top 5, okay I can maybe see that. But greatest all time? You have to be joking.
I think Tua can do things that I haven't seen from others and when the team was rolling early in the season he was magnificent. It was so crushing to see him hurt. He's not the greatest ever, yet!! If he can regain his health there is no ceiling for Tua or our Dolphin's. Give him a legit running game and an instant to throw, with the speed we have at receiver we're suddenly a very tough team. With or without Fangio!

We know Tua is one hit away, from not a season ending injury, but worse.

Reports suggest Dalton and Minshew as top back ups, but to me Jimmy takes the cake. I don’t know what he makes today, but I’d create enough salary cap to sign him as the highest paid backup QB. 1 year deal with a player option perhaps. I’m sure we would have his ear as McD has ties to him from SF.

Look, I know we don’t have cap space but if we do land Fangio we’ll have a top 10 team on both sides of the ball and can’t risk a lost season again.
that’s what we need, another injury prone QB who will take up a huge amount of space on our salary cap and then likely get knocked out for the season right when we need him most. Sound familiar anybody? Who wants to get on that train again?

Why? Do you think he is "elite"? A top 10 QB?

What good is a JAG? How far do you think a guy like him would realistically take us?

When/if we decide we are done with Tua, I prefer to draft another guy to take a shot. Short of bringing in a guy who is already a top QB in his prime, which is cost prohibitive, I don't see the point in sloppy seconds.

Any $ we spend on an overpriced, average signal caller would be better spent on putting pieces around Tua (or his replacement), IMO.
We need both an experienced backup QB and some more good quality OL players.

Let's see who is available and at what price after the draft.

Keep in mind that we will probably take some actions to augment our number of draft picks and one or two drafting positions. Then we will be in a position to take full advantage of the situation to make the best overall team improvements with the money we have to spend.

I feel our funding will restrict using much money for a backup QB. Skylar will have to do, while we can certainly bring in a third QB via the draft or even a UDFA.

We need both an experienced backup QB and some more good quality OL players.

Let's see who is available and at what price after the draft.

Keep in mind that we will probably take some actions to augment our number of draft picks and one or two drafting positions. Then we will be in a position to take full advantage of the situation to make the best overall team improvements with the money we have to spend.

I feel our funding will restrict using much money for a backup QB. Skylar will have to do, while we can certainly bring in a third QB via the draft or even a UDFA.
Bear in mind, the first FA period is before the draft. While not likely for us to go after top tier FAs, usually after the draft, you are looking at the bottom of the barrel type FAs.

Bear in mind, the first FA period is before the draft. While not likely for us to go after top tier FAs, usually after the draft, you are looking at the bottom of the barrel type FAs.
I agree with you.
In the end, it depends on the amount of many available for getting players.

I realize that Jimmy and Coach prob have many things in common with regards to our offense so it may seem like a good fit. While I wouldn't say no to it outright, I am just not feeling it. Perhaps it the compensation SanFran would want or I think it could also be Coach has been there done that. Trey Lance didn't happen to be drafted by chance.

No crystal ball on who we might actually sign at this point. Time will tell.

I think we should draft a QB every year. I like Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee. He was injured to end the year but it's just a knee and he'll be fine. He's a big guy with plenty of arm and some quickness about him. I like the idea of bringing in a vet for #2 QB and let Skyler fight it out with the rookie for 3. We pick at around 54 I think so it's likely Hooker is off the board.
Stetson Bennett to me is the most polished QB in this draft, go get him if possible/

Back
Top Bottom