We Need Jimmy G | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We Need Jimmy G

I think we should draft a QB every year. I like Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee. He was injured to end the year but it's just a knee and he'll be fine. He's a big guy with plenty of arm and some quickness about him. I like the idea of bringing in a vet for #2 QB and let Skyler fight it out with the rookie for 3. We pick at around 54 I think so it's likely Hooker is off the board.

I stand by bringing in Daniel Jones to compete with Tua. I think Jones is a better fit and (slightly) more durable than Jimmy G.

Jones would be a great add.

But how are you going to convince him to take 1/4 of the money to be a backup instead of making a lot more to be a starter?

Takes two to tango but if you can get Jones to play for $6M next year, you got my vote. And I'll start a petition to make you the new GM of the team. God knows the current one can't sign a good contract unless its with a rookie.

Given our other needs, how much would you want to spend on a #2 in the current situation. It's fine to say this guy, or that guy, but broad statements do not address context such as cost, expectation, etc.
Doesn't matter. Whatever it takes to land whoever McGrier thinks is the best backup. We'd be playing next weekend if we'd had a skilled backup.

I think we should draft a QB every year. I like Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee. He was injured to end the year but it's just a knee and he'll be fine. He's a big guy with plenty of arm and some quickness about him. I like the idea of bringing in a vet for #2 QB and let Skyler fight it out with the rookie for 3. We pick at around 54 I think so it's likely Hooker is off the board.

This year we have few draft picks, so we need those to count, and fix real issues, but we can pick up one again with our 7th or Draft FA.

Just some prospective. Jimmy G only gets injured when he plays us. Playing with us, he’ll be healthy…

Here’s a thought. How about we fix the effing Oline. See Eagles Oline 2022-23.

Then maybe we won’t have qb injury issues.

All this nonsense talk about not having a good qb ignores the real issue: we have a phucked up Oline.
His injuries weren't the result of the o-line play, it was him holding on to the ball too long. Even the best lines give up hits on the QB, they're part of the game. He has to learn to protect himself by not putting himself in those situations... :shrug:

We need a backup thats durable. Not fragile like
Jimmy G. He's very low on my list, did we learn nothing from Teddy Two-the-IR

Doesn't matter. Whatever it takes to land whoever McGrier thinks is the best backup. We'd be playing next weekend if we'd had a skilled backup.

I agree with this. Half our team are set to become FA's so the money should be there for a quality back up.

I think Teddy made 6.5 mil. Just use that.

Seems like Garopollo has more of an injury history than Tua. I would think if you're concern is Tua's ability to stay healthy , than you would be even more concerns with Jimmy G.

Yeah that defeats the whole point to spend 8-10 mil on a guy that has missed just as many games as Tua.

We don’t need the contract Miami would have to pay him as a backup QB.

Back
Top Bottom