We need to be like the Patriots ! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to be like the Patriots !

mccool65

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Next move they will make is Vincent Jackson ! Mark it down. We need to Make a trade for Greg Olsen !

Step 1: Amass numerous early round picks.

Step 2: Trade.

I think we're still on step 1, no?

I'd be surprised if the Pats go after Jackson. Isn't he a substance abuse vialation away from a long vacation? I can't see them giving him the lucrative contract he is demanding when they won 3 Super Bowls without a top notch WR. It's not like that is or was ever the missing peice for them. I think they will simply go back to Brady's favorite WR being the open guy. Being able to read defenses and finding the open WR is far more important than having an elite WR.

NO-NO-NO
They have 10 draft picks next year with 6 out of the first 100

2 first rounders
2 second rounders
2 3rd rounders

This is where they will get what they need NOT over paying for players

They're rebuilding - they won't go for Jackson unless AJ dramatically lowers the asking price. And I don't think he's likely to do that for NE. Amazing to me that they can rebuild while winning - the mark of a great franchise.

AJ Smith isnt going to trade Vincent Jackson to another contender in his own conference. The teams in the mix for VJ leading up to the roster exemption deadline were the Rams, Seahawks, Vikings, and Redskins. Coincidence?

You forget part of the formula. They pick players who they develop to the point that they can trade them for picks higher than they used to get them. We do the opposite...Ginn for example...pick him 9th...send him for a 5th...(not that getting a 5th for that POS wasn't a good deal.)

they aren't going after Vincent

More than likely they will use Oakland's #1 on AJ Green

They're rebuilding - they won't go for Jackson unless AJ dramatically lowers the asking price. And I don't think he's likely to do that for NE. Amazing to me that they can rebuild while winning - the mark of a great franchise.

What have they won during their rebuilding?

Why in the hell would they want Vincent Jackson?

Why would they trade Moss for a 3rd then turn around and trade more than that for a less talented headache? Get real.

They will be fine with what they have. Tate will step in and produce as their deep threat.

You see the Pats have 2 things we dont have. An elite QB and a coach/GM that knows wtf he is doing.

Thats why even as they rebuild, they will continue to win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoff mix. In 2-3 years, they will win another god damned SuperBowl with all these draft picks and a person that knows how to use them on good players and not busts.

Meantime, were struggling to figure out how to win 8 games in year 3 of this regime. Its a ****ing joke.

I'd be surprised if the Pats go after Jackson. Isn't he a substance abuse vialation away from a long vacation? I can't see them giving him the lucrative contract he is demanding when they won 3 Super Bowls without a top notch WR. It's not like that is or was ever the missing peice for them. I think they will simply go back to Brady's favorite WR being the open guy. Being able to read defenses and finding the open WR is far more important than having an elite WR.

The Pats won Super Bowls because of their defense. Their defense is horrid right now.

Why in the hell would they want Vincent Jackson?

Why would they trade Moss for a 3rd then turn around and trade more than that for a less talented headache? Get real.

They will be fine with what they have. Tate will step in and produce as their deep threat.

You see the Pats have 2 things we dont have. An elite QB and a coach/GM that knows wtf he is doing.

Thats why even as they rebuild, they will continue to win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoff mix. In 2-3 years, they will win another god damned SuperBowl with all these draft picks and a person that knows how to use them on good players and not busts.

Meantime, were struggling to figure out how to win 8 games in year 3 of this regime. Its a ****ing joke.

I think you probably pee'd your pants a little while writing this. My wife crosses her legs to stop that from happening. Give it a try. :)

What have they won during their rebuilding?

Well they won a division championship last season. Something we have managed to do ONCE in what.....the last 15 years or so. And that was only because Brady got injured.

What have they won. Get real.

The Pats won Super Bowls because of their defense. Their defense is horrid right now.

And yet the QB we drafted was picked off 3 times by that defense. Youre right, it is horrid. But, watch them improve all season and by the time Belichick uses 8 picks in the first 4 rounds next season, that defense will be beastly again in 2 years. They already have some good young talent on that side with Mayo and Chung.

Back
Top Bottom