We need to be like the Patriots ! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to be like the Patriots !

I said what i said ! I became a Dolphin fan in 1971 when in was a kid ! All i was saying is i don't believe we make good decisions !

The Jets tried this for a few years... it didn't go well.

Dolphins need to find their own identity and not try to be like anyone.

I agree !!!! I just wish we would make better decisions ! Also i believe sometimes we should go out and find a player that is young whom can help the team !

What most of you guys do not seem to understand is the Patriots have the luxury of playing with draft picks because they lucked into finding Tom Brady in the sixth round of the 2000 draft. Don't try to tell me that they didn't get lucky drafting Brady in the sixth round, because if they were so brilliant and knew he was going to be the player he is, they would not have waited until the sixth round to take him. When you have a QB the caliber of a Tom Brady you can play around with all the other pieces on your roster and still be good most years and great in others. Everyone talks about how great the Patriots organization is at drafting players but where are all of these great picks lately? They stock pile picks every year but they bust out at as high a rate or higher rate as any average team's draft picks do. Tom Brady covers up a lot of mistakes. Look at the Dolphins during the Marino era. Most of those teams had average to below average talent surrounding Marino, yet they were competitive almost every year. What about Indianapolis? Bill Polian gets so much credit for being such a great gm but can anyone honestly say that they think the Colts would win more than five games without Peyton Manning playing QB for them?
The two best run franchises in my opinion are the Steelers and the Ravens. They managed to stay competitive over long streches of time even when they didn't have a franchise type QB at the helm.

Brady was about as much help to those SB winning teams as Dilfer was to the Ravens and Johnson was to the Bucs. Now, Brady has the ability to not make mistakes. He's been coached well.

That is a stretch , you are putting the 2000 ravens defence with the 01,03,04 pats defence . i am speechless.

Whoever runs the patriots draft picks/trades is smart. The key to having a good football team year after year is through the draft and I would make that my number 1 priority with my football team.

NO-NO-NO
They have 10 draft picks next year with 6 out of the first 100

2 first rounders
2 second rounders
2 3rd rounders

This is where they will get what they need NOT over paying for players

In 2011,they have
2 1sts
2 2nds
2 3rds
2 4ths
2 6ths

(and will get compensatory picks for losing their TE Watson and DL Greene)

That is a stretch , you are putting the 2000 ravens defence with the 01,03,04 pats defence . i am speechless.

I don't think the Pats defense was as good as the Ravens. However, in the years you just posted they were 5th, 1st and 2nd in the league. It's hard to be better than top 5 three out of four seasons wouldn't you say?

The Pats are going to need those draft picks as they have a lot of holes to fill and they're one of the oldest teams in the league. Their left guard is as good as gone, their left tackle is 32, their center is 31, their right guard is 33 and even though their right tackle is only 26, he got used by Wake. Their corners are still bad even though they drafted some young ones recently. They can't feel great about who they have at running back. They have pretty much no pass rush. They just got rid of Moss so the verdict is still out on whether Tate can fill his shoes and now they have no other Wrs other then Welker and Edelman. They lost Warren for the year so who knows what he's going to be like when he comes back and they have no one else at DE. That's a lot of holes. The sad thing is that we should've whipped them, we were whipping them in the first half, but Henne's failures kept them in the game and the STs did the rest.

The last thing the Pats are going to do is trade picks for a player that wants 10mil a year and is clearly not worth it. Every team in the NFL want to be like the Pats ....find a 6th round QB that becomes a great QB....so easy to do and BB becomes a genius because of it....what a joke. He's a real good coach but would have zero SB's if not for finding this gem.

VW how T.Brady's are there? Or P.Mannings? You moan and complain like we pass on one every year! Get over it, M.Ryan will never be one of them, he's good and maybe one day real good but right now he's barely better then Henne if at all!

Brady was about as much help to those SB winning teams as Dilfer was to the Ravens and Johnson was to the Bucs. Now, Brady has the ability to not make mistakes. He's been coached well.

I know you hate Brady but that statement is as asinine as it gets. NE was NOTHING w/o Brady, Brady was the single biggest reason why they won those 3 SBs. That franchise was getting worse every year and rumors were already swirling about BB's job until Brady rescued them starting in week 3 of the 2001 season. I get that we all hate him b/c we hate the Pats but give the man some credit.

Please check the "great" Bill Belichick's record w/ and w/o Tom Brady as his starting QB.

I don't think the Pats defense was as good as the Ravens. However, in the years you just posted they were 5th, 1st and 2nd in the league. It's hard to be better than top 5 three out of four seasons wouldn't you say?

That was in the REGULAR SEASON.

In 2001 they blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in the SB

In 2003 the D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

In 2004 they played very well in postseason but their O blew the doors off of the #1 ranked Pitt D on the road making life easy for the D.

In numerous other big games they have choked. Reg season #s are great but if you cannot get it done in jan/Feb what do they really mean?

I know you hate Brady but that statement is as asinine as it gets. NE was NOTHING w/o Brady, Brady was the single biggest reason why they won those 3 SBs. That franchise was getting worse every year and rumors were already swirling about BB's job until Brady rescued them starting in week 3 of the 2001 season. I get that we all hate him b/c we hate the Pats but give the man some credit.

Please check the "great" Bill Belichick's record w/ and w/o Tom Brady as his starting QB.

That was in the REGULAR SEASON.

In 2001 they blew a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in the SB

In 2003 the D allowed 19 4th qtr pts

In 2004 they played very well in postseason but their O blew the doors off of the #1 ranked Pitt D on the road making life easy for the D.

In numerous other big games they have choked. Reg season #s are great but if you cannot get it done in jan/Feb what do they really mean?

The defense was the single biggest factor. A 2500yd, 18TD, 13INT QB is NEVER the biggest factor in anything. In that 2001 playoff season Brady had one game where he threw for 115yds with no TD's, one game where he threw for 300yds but ZERO TD's and 1 INT. In the Super Bowl he had a whopping 145yds passing with 1 TD. So to recap he averaged, in that postseason, 186yds passing, 0.33 TD's and 0.33 INT's per game. Yeah, GREAT play. The Pats won all three games by an average of 4 points. LMAO! He averaged 185yds a game that season with 1.2 TD's and .85 INT. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple TD games.

The defense is the reason why they won the Super Bowl. Proof? Since their last Super Bowl win their defense has been ranked, on average, 10th in the league. During the 3 years they won the Super Bowl, 2nd. However, their offense has been higher ranked in their non-super bowl years and Brady has posted better numbers. (Because of Moss, and when Brady's numbers drop because Moss is gone I'll be proven correct, again!)

Regular season? You and you're cherry picking! LMAO! 5th, 1st and 2nd. Period.

The defense was the single biggest factor. A 2500yd, 18TD, 13INT QB is NEVER the biggest factor in anything. In that 2001 playoff season Brady had one game where he threw for 115yds with no TD's, one game where he threw for 300yds but ZERO TD's and 1 INT. In the Super Bowl he had a whopping 145yds passing with 1 TD. So to recap he averaged, in that postseason, 186yds passing, 0.33 TD's and 0.33 INT's per game. Yeah, GREAT play. The Pats won all three games by an average of 4 points. LMAO! He averaged 185yds a game that season with 1.2 TD's and .85 INT. He had 4 multiple INT games and 4 multiple TD games.

The defense is the reason why they won the Super Bowl. Proof? Since their last Super Bowl win their defense has been ranked, on average, 10th in the league. During the 3 years they won the Super Bowl, 2nd. However, their offense has been higher ranked in their non-super bowl years and Brady has posted better numbers. (Because of Moss, and when Brady's numbers drop because Moss is gone I'll be proven correct, again!)

Regular season? You and you're cherry picking! LMAO! 5th, 1st and 2nd. Period.

They would NOT have been a playoff team w/o Brady, they started 0-2 including a loss to the awful Bengals in week 1 then they lost to us in week 2.

It's not about stats, that only tells part of the story. henne has thrown for 300+ yds but he couldn't make a play when it mattreed on the final drive 2 weeks ago and couldn't do much against NE. Brady was THE reason they turned into a dynasty, they were headed down the same path of a terrible season before he rescued them.

Reg season rankings mean nothing, it's how they play in January and they rarely played likea top D in January during the dynasty years. Brady had a medicore D and awful offensive weapons w/in a few pts of the SB in 2006. Reg season the D was top 5 but in postseasont that D was nothing more than mediocre.

Of course his #s went up when he got Moss, it was the first time he ever had comparable weapons to Manning and he broke his records. he also never won a SB w/ Moss(thanks to the D) and won w/ mediocre WRs something Manning has never had to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom