We need to be like the Patriots ! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to be like the Patriots !

WV, we all bash how bad we were last year and how lucky the Jets got to get the WC but then you turn around with a statement that NE won the division last year like is was a major accomplishment. How far did they get in the playoffs??

The sad truth is that this division has been down for years with the exception of the Pats. I wonder just how many Super Bowls the Pats would have won if they played in a competitive division where they wouldn't have the #1 sewn up early.

Get real! :d-day:

Well they won a division championship last season. Something we have managed to do ONCE in what.....the last 15 years or so. And that was only because Brady got injured.

What have they won. Get real.

One more thing..it's no wonder you're so mad. You think the Dolphins have won the division only once in 15 seasons. LMFAO! Try 3 times in 10.

Shows how much you know. LOL!

The Pats won Super Bowls because of their defense. Their defense is horrid right now.

Don't agree, their entire team was very good. So many last minute clutch drives in their Super Bowl seasons whether it be in the playoffs or regular season. I do agree there defense isn't very good right now and it looks unlikely their offense will be able to carry them. They were solid on both sides of the ball in the Super Bowl years, didn't Cory Dillon rush for like 1300-1500 yards in one of them? Didn't they have a workmen like WR in Deoin branch who caught 11 balls in a Super Bowl and was named MVP? I live in NE and probably watch too many pats games but anyone who thinks the defenses carried them during the SB years is kidding themselves. Number 12 made his fair share of clutch plays along the way and with guys like Jermaine Wiggins, JR Redmond, Troy Browm, David Patten, David Givens and so on. The Pats do not need an elite WR to be successful because their QB is good enough to always find the play that is their to be made which is a QB's greeatest skill IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't agree, their entire team was very good. So many last minute clutch drives in their Super Bowl seasons whether it be in the playoffs or regular season. I do agree there defense isn't very good right now and it looks unlikely their offense will be able to carry them. They were solid on both sides of the ball in the Super Bowl years, didn't Cory Dillon rush for like 1300-1500 yards in one of them? Didn't they have a workmen like WR in Deoin branch who caught 11 balls in a Super Bowl and was named MVP? Both teams scored over 30 in that game. I live in NE and probably watch too many pats games but anyone who thinks the defenses carried them during the SB years is kidding themselves. Number 12 made his fair share of clutch plays along the way and with guys like Jermaine Wiggins, JR Redmond, Troy Browm David Patten, David Givens and so on. The Pats do not need an elite WR to be successful because their QB is good enough to always fin the play that is their to be made which is a QB's greeatest skill IMHO.

What last minute clutch drives? Do you mean last minute field goals? And clutch is a myth. It's been proven over and over that clutch is a fairytale made up by the press and fans of players.

The numbers don't lie. 3 Super Bowl wins where they won by a combined 9 points. Three SB wins with a defense ranked 5th, 1st and 2nd. First Super Bowl the defense held "The Greatest Show on Turf" to 17 points and score 7 points of their own in a 20-17 win. In the second Super Bowl, yes, both teams got into a shoot-out. However, a 44yd FG to win it and a crucial stop by the Pats defense sealed the game. Then in their 3rd win the defense pick's off McNabb 3 times setting them up for 14 points, holds Westbrook to something like 40yds, and holds the Eagles to 21 points. They win it by 3 points, again.

Now, I'm not saying that their offense wasn't adequate. However, the NFL, during those seasons, had far better offenses. The NFL did not have Pat caliber defenses at the time though.

If the Dolphins would trade one of their best players 4 games into the season, 90 percent of the people on this board would self implode.

This said, I DO believe their plans to stockpile draft picks, build depth and develop players is the blue print this team needs to follow. The "go for broke NOW" philosophy hasn't worked for this team in the past and it won't now.

If the Dolphins would trade one of their best players 4 games into the season, 90 percent of the people on this board would self implode.

This said, I DO believe their plans to stockpile draft picks, build depth and develop players is the blue print this team needs to follow. The "go for broke NOW" philosophy hasn't worked for this team in the past and it won't now.

Great point! If we traded Davis or Marshall this forum would have to be shut down. However, the Pats do it and it's "smart". LMAO!

Not sure what numbers you're looking at. in 2001 their defense was 24 and their offense was 19. In 2003 their defense was 7 and their offense was 17 and in 2004 their defense was 9 and their offense was 7. In all but 2 of those years are defense was ranked hire than theirs and 2 out of 3 times their offense was ranked higher than their defense. Now I'm not a stats guy but you brought it up. Also, don't you think they won those close games because of their defenses ability to make a clutch stop and their offenses ability to get a score in the clutch? I sure do. Plus you need to win regular season games before you can get to the playoffs. Their were many, many clutch TD drives along the way. Tom Brady's ability to make plays when they needed to be made to me was the biggest reason they won 3 Super Bowls.

Not sure what numbers you're looking at. in 2001 their defense was 24 and their offense was 19. In 2003 their defense was 7 and their offense was 17 and in 2004 their defense was 9 and their offense was 7. In all but 2 of those years are defense was ranked hire than theirs and 2 out of 3 times their offense was ranked higher than their defense. Now I'm not a stats guy but you brought it up. Also, don't you think they won those close games because of their defenses ability to make a clutch stop and their offenses ability to get a score in the clutch? I sure do. Plus you need to win regular season games before you can get to the playoffs. Their were many, many clutch TD drives along the way. Tom Brady's ability to make plays when they needed to be made to me was the biggest reason they won 3 Super Bowls.

You're looking at yards. Yards mean ****. If yards meant anything we would have beat the Pats this past Monday. It's about points.

The Pats defense's were ranked 5th, 1st and 2nd.

Once again, "clutch" is a feel-good, mad up fantasy. It's about as real as Santa Claus.

Brady was about as much help to those SB winning teams as Dilfer was to the Ravens and Johnson was to the Bucs. Now, Brady has the ability to not make mistakes. He's been coached well.

Holy **** Junc - you got 15k posts....on a Fin board??????

For most of us Junc is one of us. He just was misled at a young age and we can't hold that against him.

For most of us Junc is one of us. He just was misled at a young age and we can't hold that against him.

He's far from one of us. However, out of all of the other Jests fans he has the ability to grow on a person. Kinda like mold, but less smart. ;)

J/K Junk...I do appreciate the way you handle Dolphin losses.

Back
Top Bottom