We need to be like the Patriots ! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We need to be like the Patriots !

And yet the QB we drafted was picked off 3 times by that defense. Youre right, it is horrid. But, watch them improve all season and by the time Belichick uses 8 picks in the first 4 rounds next season, that defense will be beastly again in 2 years. They already have some good young talent on that side with Mayo and Chung.
not to mention banta cain is alright, wilfork is a beast and meriweather.

Why in the hell would they want Vincent Jackson?

Why would they trade Moss for a 3rd then turn around and trade more than that for a less talented headache? Get real.

They will be fine with what they have. Tate will step in and produce as their deep threat.

You see the Pats have 2 things we dont have. An elite QB and a coach/GM that knows wtf he is doing.

Thats why even as they rebuild, they will continue to win 10 or 11 games and be in the playoff mix. In 2-3 years, they will win another god damned SuperBowl with all these draft picks and a person that knows how to use them on good players and not busts.

Meantime, were struggling to figure out how to win 8 games in year 3 of this regime. Its a ****ing joke.
although i dont think it will happen, the only reason i can see it is because jackson has showed how big of a playmaker he can be in sd, and he is only i believe 24-25 correct me if im wrong, and they can sign him to an extension and not have to really worry about a big drop off due to his young age.

as for moss, he will never be moss, but moss is 33 years old and as talented as he is, does not always give it his all and he prob wasnt coming back to the pats anyways next year. i just dont know why the pats only got a 3rd for him even though im happy. the vikes were a desperate team, and desperate times call for desperate measures. they could have prob gotten more but luckily for us they didnt.

anyways, somehow the unfourtunatley the pats will survive and still put up points on offense.

not to mention banta cain is alright, wilfork is a beast and meriweather.

Youre right. Banta Cain is a decent player. Meriweather is a beast. Wilfork is a beast but, I dont suspect he will be there when they win their next SB.

If they can hit on a good % of those picks, the Pats are going to be beastly in a few years. I know they havent been the greatest with drafting lately, but a moron could find a few great players with all those picks.

Youre right. Banta Cain is a decent player. Meriweather is a beast. Wilfork is a beast but, I dont suspect he will be there when they win their next SB.

well lets hope they dont win their next sb any time soon, but didnt they just sign wilfork to a 5 year extension?

[/B]
well lets hope they dont win their next sb any time soon, but didnt they just sign wilfork to a 5 year extension?

Oh my bad. Then he "should" be there. But, if he starts to decline at all, you know they will be smart enough the second they notice it to get good value out of him in a trade.

Oh my bad. Then he "should" be there. But, if he starts to decline at all, you know they will be smart enough the second they notice it to get good value out of him in a trade.
they usually always do get good value in there trades, i just dont see a 3rd for moss as such good value, only because minn was desperate, and desperate teams will panic and u can get more out of them.

Next move they will make is Vincent Jackson ! Mark it down. We need to Make a trade for Greg Olsen !

I think you are right. Read yesterday that they are talking to Vikes about trading Moss. If the vikes were smart they would get vj.

I would like to win Super Bowls, but I can't stand when people say "I want us to be like (insert successful team here.)"
I want to win, but I want to be like the Dolphins. if you want your team to be like the Patriots, you might as well change your team to the Patriots.

Let's all bow down and suck the s**t out of Billichik's a$$.

You guys are unreal. You give him way to much credit.

Well they won a division championship last season. Something we have managed to do ONCE in what.....the last 15 years or so. And that was only because Brady got injured.

What have they won. Get real.

8 teams every year win a division. Are they also 'great'?

I'll ask again, what have they won since they started rebuilding?

Next move they will make is Vincent Jackson ! Mark it down. We need to Make a trade for Greg Olsen !

Smart teams don't spend high draft picks and big money on a WR - especially one who has had issues. I don't see the Patriots going down that road

Also, the local media has stated emphatically that they are NOT going for Vincent Jackson. And the players they drafted aren't as beastly as some people are making them out to be. Brandon Meriweather is a beast? Tully Banta-Cain is a beast? They have both been demoted and benched this year for crappy play and attitudes. Jerord Mayo keeps his job based on what he did in 2008, but he has regressed significantly. The 2009 draft was better, but guys like Darius Butler have been terrible.

Back
Top Bottom