We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault??

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

There are other teams who have at least gotten close. We haven't gotten anywhere near a Super Bowl. We have 1 win in the last 4 years in the playoffs, and 0 in the last 3. We also have missed the playoffs in the last 2 years. That is doing nothing, and with the talent we have, that is UNACCEPTABLE!

A lot of players are accountable, I already said that, but Dave is accountable for not motivating the team, not preparing them, not disciplining them, letting them walk all over him, not making in-game adjustments when necessary, and using poor judgement in games.

Okay. Let me get this straight. You are saying both players and Wanny are accountable for our losses. But yet we should dump Wanny and let the players who are accountable for our losses slide? And what happens If we had a new coach, and these players do not perform and blow it, is it the new coach's fault too?? In that case, we should cut the players who blow plays etc. etc. and look elsewhere.

Originally posted by Prime Time

Ok, so then all the other teams the past 4 years who are not the Pats, Bucs, or Rams should fire their coach because they have not done anything with their team :rolleyes:

I know you are not just blaming Wanny, but I do not see you blaming anyone else. If players would do their jobs like Carter holding onto a ball last year, or Mare making a FG, we would not be havng this discussion right now.
umm, you're missing the point. The talent alone on this team should be producing 9-10 wins. The Dolphins seemed very unprepared in a lot of games this year. Not only that, you guys beat only 2 winning teams(Cowboys, Ravens--who are awful on the road anyways though).

If someone told you guys(or me for that matter) at the beginning of the year that you will sweep the Jets and the Bills, and end up with a 6-2 road record, you'd probably think that you'd be #1 seed.
Wanny is a nice guy, and a great coordinator, but not a great head coach.
Dolphins made the playoffs twice, and won a playoff game with Lamar Smith--then they get Ricky and miss the playoffs twice....how'd they manage that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by CirclingWagons

umm, you're missing the point. The talent alone on this team should be producing 9-10 wins. The Dolphins seemed very unprepared in a lot of games this year. Not only that, you guys beat only 2 winning teams(Cowboys, Ravens--who are awful on the road anyways though).

If someone told you guys(or me for that matter) at the beginning of the year that you will sweep the Jets and the Bills, and end up with a 6-2 road record, you'd probably think that you'd be #1 seed.
Dolphins made the playoffs twice, and one a playoff game with Lamar Smith--then they get Ricky and miss the playoffs twice....how'd they manage that?

Yea what he said, I think I'm going to be sick I agree with Circle. Now I know it's the end. :lol:

That being said I don't know who was out there that would be an upgrade at this point. Lets hope the new Gm is all over Dave's *** if he allows this crap to continue.

Dolphins made the playoffs twice, and won a playoff game with Lamar Smith--then they get Ricky and miss the playoffs twice....how'd they manage that?

So which is it then? Wanny does well and overachieves with a less talented team, and he does not do well and underachieves with a more talented team? What does that make him? A mediocre coach, not a expectacular coach, which noone ever claimed him to be.

Okay. Let me get this straight. You are saying both players and Wanny are accountable for our losses. But yet we should dump Wanny and let the players who are accountable for our losses slide? And what happens If we had a new coach, and these players do not perform and blow it, is it the new coach's fault too?? In that case, we should cut the players who blow plays etc. etc. and look elsewhere.

Yes you sit them down you let them know that those mistakes will not be tolerated. What did Bellipuke do, Milloy wouldn't take less money he cut him, they seem to be fine, what did Gruden do, Meshawn talked crap and he basically got cut. They didn't have much of a dropoff without him.

That's where Wanny is weak he has to be up these guys asses when they screw up. I am not talking about every mistake but the ones that continue, he also can't cling onto hope for a player that isn't cutting it, Royals, Fletcher to name a few.

Sometimes the hungrier player will play better then the superstar with a big head.

So which is it then? Wanny does well and overachieves with a less talented team, and he does not do well and underachieves with a more talented team? What does that make him? A mediocre coach, not a expectacular coach, which noone ever claimed him to be.
he's been given the pieces to succeed...and he's produced 1 playoff win in 4 years. Imagine what Parcells, Belichick, Vermeil, Fisher, or Reid could do with this Dolphins team(same for the Bills).

I think the real reason that Milloy was cut was that Wilson fit their new scheme real well. A coverage S and a hard hitter Harrison.

What it comes down to is that the team won 10 with or without Wanny, but could of done better with a better coach.

Problem is you can't cut a whole team but you can replace the guy who is responsible for ther actions. Taht is why people want Wanny out somebody has to pay. Hopefuly him losing GM control will be enough.

he's been given the pieces to succeed...and he's produced 1 playoff win in 4 years. Imagine what Parcells, Belichick, Vermeil, Fisher, or Reid could do with this Dolphins team(same for the Bills).

Knock it off Circle I don't want to have to think you have some actual knowledge. :roflmao:

Originally posted by Jaj
I think the real reason that Milloy was cut was that Wilson fit their new scheme real well. A coverage S and a hard hitter Harrison.

Point is he had the balls to do it a week before the regular season started and we all thought he was nuts.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Knock it off Circle I don't want to have to think you have some actual knowledge. :roflmao:
:lol: ...you don't need knowledge to come to that conclusion though...just look at where the teams were before those aforementioned coaches took over, now look at them

:lol: ...you don't need knowledge to come to that conclusion though...just look at where the teams were before those aforementioned coaches took over, now look at them

I used to think that the coaches credit was overated until I have seen what Parcells and the rest have done with less talent.

true...and look at Billy B. how many different starters did they have this year...50? Andy Reid starts off 0-2, getting blown out at home twice, yet they end up with the NFC's top spot. Vermeil's in his 3rd year with his team, so you know what that means. I'm jealous of all those teams

Back
Top Bottom