We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We would be 12-4 If not for our PLAYERS and REFS and yet it is Wanny's fault??

Originally posted by Prime Time

Elevated the level of talent on this team and took us to two 11-5 seasons, then a 9-7 season, and now a 10-6 season. Show me another guy out there who averages 10 wins a season.

With this talent, every single head coach in the NFL except for Steve Spurrier could have gotten 10 wins.

The fact is that this team is regressing. The talent level goes up and production goes down. Lets look at how far this team goes every year under Wannstedt.

Season 1: Second Round of Playoffs
Season 2: First Round of Playoffs
Season 3: Eliminated from Playoff Race in Week 17
Season 4: Eliminated from Playoff Race in Week 16

I don't care if he won 10 games a year, because he is expected to do more than that. This team should have gone to the Super Bowl, but instead the Dolphins will be watching the playoffs from their homes.

No I don't have a problem. Seems you are the one with the problem, writing in Caps and all. Oh well, good day :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

With this talent, every single head coach in the NFL except for Steve Spurrier could have gotten 10 wins.

The fact is that this team is regressing. The talent level goes up and production goes down. Lets look at how far this team goes every year under Wannstedt.

Season 1: Second Round of Playoffs
Season 2: First Round of Playoffs
Season 3: Eliminated from Playoff Race in Week 17
Season 4: Eliminated from Playoff Race in Week 16

I don't care if he won 10 games a year, because he is expected to do more than that. This team should have gone to the Super Bowl, but instead the Dolphins will be watching the playoffs from their homes.

So again...when do the players start taking into account for the losses?

:up:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

They're there for a reason....

So then like you said, got a problem? Deal with it :)

So then like you said, got a problem? Deal with it :)

Ummm, that makes no sense at all, I'm talking about caps lock. :sleep:

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Ummm, that makes no sense at all, I'm talking about caps lock. :sleep:

Yea sure, you may be right (:rofl: Remember that inFins?)

So again...when do the players start taking into account for the losses?

I never said it was all Wannstedt. There were players who ****ed up. However, Wannstedt is a poor decision maker who doesn't make in game adjustments. He is a bad motivator and he doesn't prepare his team for games. All of that is HIS fault, and that is why he needs to go.

I am not going to blame Wannstedt for Mare missing a field goal, or for someone dropping a ball. However, he is accountable for other things.

Wannstedt needs to go because we haven't done anything with him as our coach, and we have regressed every year with him around. I think a change is necessary for this team to do something special, because I don't believe we will be able to achieve that under Wanny.

Elevated the level of talent on this team and took us to two 11-5 seasons, then a 9-7 season, and now a 10-6 season. Show me another guy out there who averages 10 wins a season.

That's not an answer, Are you saying that most coaches couldn't have done the same with this team? Are there coaches out there that could have done more?

I will give you an example Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl with the Cowboys and I think just about any coach in the league could of won it with that team, I think Switzer was a horrible coach and the team won in spite of him.

I never said it was all Wannstedt. There were players who ****ed up. However, Wannstedt is a poor decision maker who doesn't make in game adjustments. He is a bad motivator and he doesn't prepare his team for games. All of that is HIS fault, and that is why he needs to go.

I am not going to blame Wannstedt for Mare missing a field goal, or for someone dropping a ball. However, he is accountable for other things.

Wannstedt needs to go because we haven't done anything with him as our coach, and we have regressed every year with him around. I think a change is necessary for this team to do something special, because I don't believe we will be able to achieve that under Wanny.

Ok, so then all the other teams the past 4 years who are not the Pats, Bucs, or Rams should fire their coach because they have not done anything with their team :rolleyes:

I know you are not just blaming Wanny, but I do not see you blaming anyone else. If players would do their jobs like Carter holding onto a ball last year, or Mare making a FG, we would not be havng this discussion right now.

Ok, so then all the other teams the past 4 years who are not the Pats, Bucs, or Rams should fire their coach because they have not done anything with their team :rolleyes:

I know you are not just blaming Wanny, but I do not see you blaming anyone else. If players would do their jobs like Carter holding onto a ball last year, or Mare making a FG, we would not be havng this discussion right now.

There are other teams who have at least gotten close. We haven't gotten anywhere near a Super Bowl. We have 1 win in the last 4 years in the playoffs, and 0 in the last 3. We also have missed the playoffs in the last 2 years. That is doing nothing, and with the talent we have, that is UNACCEPTABLE!

A lot of players are accountable, I already said that, but Dave is accountable for not motivating the team, not preparing them, not disciplining them, letting them walk all over him, not making in-game adjustments when necessary, and using poor judgement in games.

Back
Top Bottom