Week 3 Power Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 3 Power Rankings

I could care less about these stupid rankings. This is not college and these rankings don't mean anything at all in the NFL
The rankings change the most due to your win loss record, So basically you’re saying your win loss record doesn’t matter

Here's my prediction:

If Miami beats the Raiders and New England beats the Lions (I do think both of these are likely to happen, particularly NE beating the Lions), then I anticipate a BIG jump in all the power rankings and some hype for Miami going into week four.

Because it's going to inflate ratings for the inevitable beatdown the Patriots are going to put on us in Foxboro.
Why would ESPN which is essentially owned by ABC try to build up ratings for CBS?

Still not a lot of respect out there for this team. I'd have thought we'd be closer to the top 10. If we beat Oakland, we'll move up.

Why would ESPN which is essentially owned by ABC try to build up ratings for CBS?

"I predict a big jump in all the power ratings." I did not say "in ESPN's power ratings." Read -> Comprehend -> Reply. R-C-R. R. C. R.

Having a hyped up matchup and a storyline about the Patriots being challenged in the AFC East is good for football media in general. It's especially good for the network televising the game, but it's also good for NBC's Football Night in America, ESPN's Primetime show, etc.

You bet your ass that if Miami is 3-0 going into that game in Foxboro, the Dolphins will be getting plenty of media exposure... for one week. It's just good business.

Yahoo

15. Miami Dolphins (2-0, LW: 25)

Do you believe? The Titans and Jets, the teams the Dolphins beat, are 2-0 in their other games. So it’s not a glaring example of the Dolphins going 2-0 against terrible teams. Ryan Tannehilllooks at least decent. Our preconceived notions of the Dolphins gives them a higher bar to cross before we buy into this 2-0 start. If they can beat the Raiders at home Sunday, a Week 4 game at New England becomes very interesting.

Though I agree the Pats could beat us, Miami has beaten the Pats before In NE, so thinking a much better, more talented Dolphin team beating NE in their home is not so crazy.

I will say if Miami can beat the Raiders this week, then do the insane of beating the Patriots in New England, Miami could be close to or at top 5 in power polls...one things for sure, if that does happen, Miami from there on, will not be sneaking up on any team.

USA Today Sports

17. Miami Dolphins (2-0, LW: 24)
There are seven 2-0 teams after two weeks (which is about normal). On average, about 60 percent of teams that start 2-0 make the playoffs. The Dolphins are the other 40 percent.

USA Today Sports

17. Miami Dolphins (2-0, LW: 24)
There are seven 2-0 teams after two weeks (which is about normal). On average, about 60 percent of teams that start 2-0 make the playoffs. The Dolphins are the other 40 percent.

This may be a little OT and I have no evidence for my statement, but every year every team has a game where everything seems to go right and a game where everything seems to go wrong. A bad team can have a 'good' game against a top team and some fans see nirvana. Conversely, a good team can have a 'bad' game against a bottom team and fans think the end is near. Nope, It's just football played in reality. That's why there are upsets. That's why teams don't move much after one win or one loss. Putting games together gives a clearer picture. The biggest questions come with what I'll call 'bubble' teams - teams that are always average or appear to be moving up (i.e., Miami).

When will Miami's 'bad' game and 'good' game come? No one knows, but both are likely. The danger is, one win or loss can make or break a playoff run. I think Miami has a good chance against OAK, but, for now, I don't know who the 'real' Dolphins are. Rankings (respect) are good and give hope, but I'll caution everyone not to read to much into a loss or an easy win. We're only halfway through the 'first 4 games.'

The rankings change the most due to your win loss record, So basically you’re saying your win loss record doesn’t matter
The win loss record means everything to me. But when you look at those rankings they have teams with lower records than ours that are "ranked" ahead of us.

Back
Top Bottom