Week 3 Power Rankings | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 3 Power Rankings

I want to know why we aren't going to beat ne in foxboro.

What do they really have? A 40-year-old QB, their best receiver is 7-11, their defense is mediocre... must I go on?

What law is on the books saying we HAVE to lose that game?

What compelling reason is there for a loss to be inevitable?

So far things are on schedule based on 2 things if you believe them. 2016 was a large part because of Gase and a improved roster. If you don't want to look at it that way then your saying 2016 was luck and luck played in these 2 last wins. We should beat the Raiders but having lost their first 2 games is going to work against us as they need the win and have something to prove this week. Same with the Pats would have preferred both teams to have won last week. Motivation plays a huge role in sports and can out muscle a more talented better coached team. Great example was when those undefeated Bears visited and Miami was playing very medorcre football even with Marinio at the helm but we rolled those guys out of town and protected the undefeated season.
We were most definitely not mediocre. I think we went 12-4, and played the Pats .and Tony Eason, in the championship game.

Someone please correct me if I am in error.

It's funny how we ALL complain about where we sit in the power rankings, but can't resist looking at them and toasting ourselves when we ascend, then call BS when we fall. We're all guilty of it.

What do they really have? A 40-year-old QB, their best receiver is 7-11, their defense is mediocre... must I go on?

I completely agree. I think we (as usual) match up really well with NE and we have a very legitimate shot at taking them out at their house. I'm definitely not chalking that Foxboro trip as a loss. 4-0 is a very strong possibility. The two main keys to win are 1) No DUMB penalties, i.e., pre-snap penalties. 2) Keep ourselves in 3rd and short situations and actually CONVERT THEM!!

Our defense will hassle Tom Brady. We just have to control the center of the field (TEs, short crossing routes, etc.). We have some things to clean up but, hopefully, we'll have those issues resolved before game four. (Before game three for that matter).

It's funny how we ALL complain about where we sit in the power rankings, but can't resist looking at them and toasting ourselves when we ascend, then call BS when we fall. We're all guilty of it.
I was going to say the same. I look at them regardless of how Miami is doing. Lol Notice there are less espn bashing comments this time around?

1. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame coach who is head and shoulders better than anyone else currently coaching in the NFL. He's up there with Walsh, Brown, Lombardi, and Shula.

2. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame quarterback who is legitimately one of the best to have ever played the game.

3. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame tight end who is legitimately one of the best to have ever played the game.

4. The players who are not Hall of Fame talents just happen to high football-IQ type of guys who fit in very well with what the HoF coach wants to do.

5. They get very favorable calls at home, but especially 'automatic first down' calls when they have the ball, like defensive holding and defensive pass interference.

And most importantly,

6. THEY CHEAT

Here's my prediction:

If Miami beats the Raiders and New England beats the Lions (I do think both of these are likely to happen, particularly NE beating the Lions), then I anticipate a BIG jump in all the power rankings and some hype for Miami going into week four.

Because it's going to inflate ratings for the inevitable beatdown the Patriots are going to put on us in Foxboro.

... Miami beats the Raiders = Good,
... I anticipate a BIG jump in all the power rankings = Good,
... hype for Miami going into week four = Good
... the inevitable beatdown the Patriots are going to put on us in Foxboro - WTF
? :bang:

1. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame coach who is head and shoulders better than anyone else currently coaching in the NFL. He's up there with Walsh, Brown, Lombardi, and Shula.

2. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame quarterback who is legitimately one of the best to have ever played the game.

3. They have a 1st ballot Hall of Fame tight end who is legitimately one of the best to have ever played the game.

4. The players who are not Hall of Fame talents just happen to high football-IQ type of guys who fit in very well with what the HoF coach wants to do.

5. They get very favorable calls at home, but especially 'automatic first down' calls when they have the ball, like defensive holding and defensive pass interference.

And most importantly,

6. THEY CHEAT

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

One day I hope we learn all the different ways in which they cheated during the Hoodie era. It would be a fascinating tell-all book.

There's already a book about it, and it is insane. I mean, you got Doug Flutie on the record talking about how Tom Brady's helmet had a radio that didn't cut off when it was supposed to do so, in addition to all the other stuff.

One of the reasons they struggle so much in Miami? We **** with them right back. Joe Robbie Stadium is notorious for having 'radio interference problems' for both teams' headsets.

Isn't that what they are for?

Here's my prediction:

If Miami beats the Raiders and New England beats the Lions (I do think both of these are likely to happen, particularly NE beating the Lions), then I anticipate a BIG jump in all the power rankings and some hype for Miami going into week four.

Because it's going to inflate ratings for the inevitable beatdown the Patriots are going to put on us in Foxboro.

Yep.

Which is gonna put a lot of pressure on us to go into cinci the following week and find a way to scrape out a w.

I will say one thing though and that’s I will be in Boston the Monday thru Thursday after that game vs the pats and you bet your bottom dollar we come away with a win that whole city is gonna be reminded about it all 4 days. Like Ron burgundy “I will shout it from a mountain top” except my version won’t be that Veronica corningstone and I had sex.

And I will be rocking the gear all over down town boston. I will get off the plane decked out in it.

We're one of 7 undefeated teams … so it makes perfect sense that the media would double that number and add two to get to our ranking. :eyepop:

Back
Top Bottom