Week 3 reaction thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Week 3 reaction thread

Legit only thing I see from Iggy even from last week is he just needs to continue to learn the position as simple as it sounds. He is biting harder than necessary on some things but that is fixable. I remember X doing that as a young player too so I agree. Dude has that dog in him you love to see

Thats exactly the reason why I feel Flores didn’t switch him off Diggs last game. Needs to learn and we aren’t winning the super bowl with Fitz this year. it’s all about when Tua goes in

so I am not Debbie downer mode here. It was smart because it worked.

would that work up 21-7 on Seattle? Would they even call it that way?

my point is that playcalling tightened up for the entire second half from the first possession. And I think it is because they are managing Fitz’s streakiness. Personally, I thought they got conservative too early. It worked, but take away the short field touchdown and add the blown coverage td against, and the game is scary
I know what you’re saying. I think in a game where you’ve been controlling them + they are beating themselves and don’t have Russell Wilson, you go up 28-7 in a game that isn’t close and shows no signs of suddenly getting close it was the right thing. I mean, look how Atlanta blew the SB w a 25 point 4th quarter lead to NE. They didn’t take any time off of the clock because they refused to run - even if they were 3 and outs - they would have won. Too many times we see teams extend the clock for the opponent, perhaps turn it over and give the other team life. Jax wasn’t going to overcome that deficit. Now, your question about whether we would have called it differently against an elite offense - IDK. But a 21 point lead in the 4th should be enough to work the clock and play defense. By today’s NFL standards this was a beat down and no reason I saw it to give the Jags an oppty at a momentum changing play.

W7efiwO.gif

I just have to say what a cluster the Game Day thread is.

The amount of knee-jerk, negative Nancy, hot-taking idiocy is really something.

You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but the sheer number of "fans" that seem to rejoice in our "failures" and nitpick and whine about every stupid thing never ceases to amaze me.

Don’t you know our offensive coordinator is absolute trash Because the quarterback bootlegs out and takes a horrible sack that’s totally his fault play call was terrible. Or when his TE was running free in the flat and he throws it into the defender getting it knocked in the air totally a coaching problem.

The defensive line is garbage I mean all we had were multiple sacks tons of pressure all day. Raekwon Davis is an absolute bust three Games into his career, all he did was push his guy back most of the night. Igbo Is a total bust of a corner I mean all you had to do was come off the bench against one of the best receivers on Sunday and 4 days after being humbled completely held his own against a good receiving corps total garbage right.

I mean I know Miami is starting four new players on the offensive line including to rookies but when we were up three touchdowns and they stack 11 in the box we should totally still be able to get 7 to 8 yards a carry geez dude it’s first grade level football.

Chris Grier is a total jack ass I mean two rookies on the offensive line and undrafted free agent as your number to wide receiver a seventh round player being a solid starting running back multiple rookies on your defense including your starting boundary corner your safety and multiple defensive lineman, no off-season no preseason no time to gel; other than really limited practice there’s absolutely no hope for this team with him running it I mean rookies should be able to hit the ground running game one week one of their careers and look like all pro Hall of Famer’s immediately.

THIS POST IS SARCASM FOR ALL THOSE ARE AREN'T ABLE TO PICK THAT UP

Last edited:
...what is it about Fitz?

the man seems to have an inner "beast mode"

that kicks in (lunar cycle?) and he gets pretty scary!

BTW I spy helmet to helmet contact on him on several

scrambles --- nary a call!

Speaking of beast -- our life guard OG loves to bury dudes

in the deep end of the pool! Almost seems like he plays to win!

Van Ginkel looks like a legit edge attacker with surprising quicks and

saw an really nice inside spin move from him... Dude plays "busy"

and looks difficult to handle.

Have hope for Raekwon -- when left one-on-one he's a bull dozer

and can literally shove his man backwards... Downside seems

to be he's all straight line. Not much on the lateral plane in his game...

Sieler is just a worker. Active kid. Plays hungry. Needs to see the field more IMO.

Brandon Jones has instincts/awareness and mental processing that makes him

notably faster than his raw 40. I think he brings something we can work with...

Great to see Grant make a few high speed plays -- the catch was his career best!

Kid looked hungry to get his chance and definitely wants to contribute.

I would tend to believe he's going to get a few more opportunities...

Gaskin is playing solid ball. Kid really looks like a PRO RB right now.

He's never going to be a star -- but he's a productive (solid) player...

Watched Hunt on goal line drive the LB 3 yards into the endzone

tho the play went in the opposite direction. He looks big and powerful.

Not quite as "explosive" as I hoped... Feet looked a tad heavy IMO.

But he's still ramping up.

Jackson is solid OT this early in his career. Lots of upside with this kid!

Happy to see some evolution in the O -- and really looking forward to

some contributions by Perry and Bowden in the coming weeks!

Oh wow we have our own language?

Just terminology that assigns a vocabulary that I feel is descriptive for chronic complainers and their complaints with
terms that are acceptable to the moderators of this forum. My particular terms carry connotations related to being sour or tart, such as lemon drops and lemon juice.

I take things a step further, using the term Lemmings as a word that rhymes with lemons. I feel that adds a little humor to the whole response and offers a term that is not as obnoxious as "haters" or something even more venomous.

Do you now understand this useful and clever and all around appropriate terminology?

Just terminology that assigns a vocabulary that I feel is descriptive for chronic complainers and their complaints with
terms that are acceptable to the moderators of this forum. My particular terms carry connotations related to being sour or tart, such as lemon drops and lemon juice.

I take things a step further, using the term Lemmings as a word that rhymes with lemons. I feel that adds a little humor to the whole response and offers a term that is not as obnoxious as "haters" or something even more venomous.

Do you now understand this useful and clever and all around appropriate terminology?
I didn’t read the post

There was good and bad but more good than bad last night.

the Oline did so good in the first half but pretty bad in the 2nd half.
Gaskins started off so well. Love his vision and how quick he hits the hole but in the 2nd half there were no lanes to run thru.
He ended up with a 3ypc which is horrible. Again, I blame the Oline for most of that in the 2nd half.
I had been calling for a reverse for 3 week and at last we got one but other than that our offense is pretty vanilla.
Only one catch by Gesicki was a surprise to me. He needs to be more involve if we're going to beat any good teams.

Defense played better for sure. Better pass rush for sure. AVG and Sisler(SP?) both did well.
Roberts needs to be benched. #51 was much better than him.
Hard to bench Fitz now after going 18 for 20 with 2 TD's and no INT's but I'd love to see Tua out there.

Grant always makes a couple of plays a year and he did those last night so not expecting much more in the last 13 games.

10 days to get ready for a good Seattle team. That game will tell us more than the game last night did imo.

I’m just glad Pouncey finally got back on the field and had a big sack at the end of the first half. Seems like forever since I’ve seen #51 out there.
No, that was Mark Brown making the sack.

There was good and bad but more good than bad last night.

the Oline did so good in the first half but pretty bad in the 2nd half.
Gaskins started off so well. Love his vision and how quick he hits the hole but in the 2nd half there were no lanes to run thru.
He ended up with a 3ypc which is horrible. Again, I blame the Oline for most of that in the 2nd half.
I had been calling for a reverse for 3 week and at last we got one but other than that our offense is pretty vanilla.
Only one catch by Gesicki was a surprise to me. He needs to be more involve if we're going to beat any good teams.

Defense played better for sure. Better pass rush for sure. AVG and Sisler(SP?) both did well.
Roberts needs to be benched. #51 was much better than him.
Hard to bench Fitz now after going 18 for 20 with 2 TD's and no INT's but I'd love to see Tua out there.

Grant always makes a couple of plays a year and he did those last night so not expecting much more in the last 13 games.

10 days to get ready for a good Seattle team. That game will tell us more than the game last night did imo.

I think one of the things with this coaching staff being New England focus New England driven, if vanilla is working then they’re going to stay with vanilla they’re not gonna be all razzle-dazzle like Sean Payton or Sean McVay or any of these offense of coaches just because you can be it’s going to be we can still beat you running our style.

I agree with you some on the fact of the second-half hurting the yards per carry but if you look at the fourth quarter they had nine guys in the box and Miami were still committed to running it. they were a lot of 1-2 yard gains in there just to keep the clock moving in the offense on schedule so it’s skewed a little bit because they were doing everything they could to stop in Miami was still able to produce enough first downs to bleed the clock.

Defensive line as a whole played a lot better having Seiler in there definitely brought more energy, Raekwon Davis got a lot more one on one match ups and was pushing his guy around. Lawson and Ogbah pushed a lot. I agree Hill needs to be the MIKE Roberts is just not it. And definitely work on open field tackling. It was a good effort from the defense as a whole but there were a number of drives they could’ve killed with better tackling and they’re going to need that against the next couple of opponents.

I agree with you the next couple of weeks are going to be a challenge for the offensive line so you’ll probably see a lot of work from them but even if Fitzatrick plays well unless Miami’s pulling for a playoff spot I can see Tua no later than the second Jets game. You might see him in the first one and then get a bye week to prep for the second one.

Back
Top Bottom