Club Member
Reaction score
And yes these don’t mean anything.

ESPN

8th

Record: 3-0
Week 3 ranking: 16
gn-arrow.png

The Dolphins average the third-lowest time of possession per game (26:46). That could be because their opponents convert on 80 percent of their third-down rushes, tied for the second-highest rate in the NFL. -- Koontz

USA Today

9. Dolphins (18): Thanks to weak schedule, on pace to finish 19-0 and forever erase mythic '72 Dolphins from record book as NFL's winningest undefeated team.

These power rankings seem a lot like the college polling system....BS! I can’t believe that the Patriots are still in the top 10. I hope Gase opens it up and has the throttle down the entire game. No more weak **** play calling in the first half. We need Brady to be in passing situations the entire game because that gives Wake more chances to retire Brady.

The first one I posted intentionally listed something negative for each team. The second one is just a knock about the “weak” schedule”.

Funny. Rams have played two 0-3 teams and a 1-2 team while KC’s opponents are 3-5-1. Doesn’t stop them from being ranked higher does it?

People keep bringing up this weak schedule yet Tennessee were a play-off team with a strong D and mobile QB that we historically struggle against, the Raiders had Derek Carr and apparently the Jets were world beaters after dismantling the Lions so God know what that makes the Patriots.

Anyway for what it's worth the opponent records of the three undefeated teams (excluding head to head)

Chiefs 3-2-1
Dolphins 3-3
Rams 2-4

Who's had the favourable schedule now?

People keep bringing up this weak schedule yet Tennessee were a play-off team with a strong D and mobile QB that we historically struggle against, the Raiders had Derek Carr and apparently the Jets were world beaters after dismantling the Lions so God know what that makes the Patriots.

Anyway for what it's worth the opponent records of the three undefeated teams (excluding head to head)

Chiefs 3-2-1
Dolphins 3-3
Rams 2-4

Who's had the favourable schedule now?

I agree, the teams we have played are definitely better than their records indicate, well maybe not the Jets lol.

Honestly, I think that KC should be 1 and Patriots should be 12-15

We've said it here, they say it in the media. The true test for this team starts now. The 3 wins so far had to be done and the team showed grit doing so.

Nonetheless, we go into some tough road games against playoff caliber teams. This will show what the team is made of. Win 1 of the next 2 and they are for real, lose both and there will be some questions.

I always like seeing these because it is a good gage on how the national media feels about Miami...we know they dislike the team, but it shows even more so in these rankings. I know there was at least one internal battle about putting them outside the top 10.

And yes these don’t mean anything.

ESPN

8th

Record: 3-0
Week 3 ranking: 16
gn-arrow.png

The Dolphins average the third-lowest time of possession per game (26:46). That could be because their opponents convert on 80 percent of their third-down rushes, tied for the second-highest rate in the NFL. -- Koontz
If we were Pittsburgh, Baltimore, New England, or one of thesis darling NY/LA teams, we would be ranked 4th or higher and theybwoukd be heaping on the praise about how in close games, good teams find a way to win. They would point out how we handed the Titans their only loss. They would mention that we are two games ahead of New England.

Back
Top Bottom