Welcome to the world of double standard. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

tay0365

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tua last year does well, helps Dolphins win 10 games, but is taken out late twice because the HC wants to win, and Tua is all of a sudden thought of as mediocre and weak armed.

Yesterday the HC of the Patriots decides (Rightly so, considering how the few passes he threw looked) to just run the ball more them 97% of time, and not allow Mac Jones to Throw any passes if he they could get away with it. Tomorrow Mac will not be known as a weak armed QB because of it, or Mediocre, but will be rooted to win ROTY for his amazing 19 yard game.

Insanity and Hypocrisy.

Is it media hypocrisy that upsets you, or that of fans?

Why do ppl care what the media says? I know what I think, and am comfortable in my views. I don't need their reinforcement to support my thoughts.

IOW, screw them. All the sweeter when they are shown to be wrong.

Now, if you are saying BB, the Putz, and QB get a huge benifit of doubt?

Absolutely they do. Winning championships, Conference/division titles, stacking double digit win seasons like cord wood, etc will do that.

Tua was woeful on the 2 games he was pulled, if we were out of contention for the playoffs I doubt he would’ve been pulled.
Flores mishandled him. Once he put Tua in that’s what the season should’ve been about. Or he never should’ve put him in when he did because he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready because he was behind the 8 ball due to a combination of him spending so much time rehabbing his injury with the Covid impacted rookie training camp and preseason limiting his reps and ability to learn a new nfl offense.

It was stupid to put him in when he did and then to just yank him like a yo-yo. For what? We weren’t going to win the super bowl that year. Once he put him in he should’ve stuck with him all year because that’s when the season became about developing your number 5 overall pick at QB. Or, he shouldn’t have put him in until he had command of the offense if he was worried about the playoffs.

Whole debacle made me mad and really was the start of the organization not to mention the media tsunami of
Perception and pressure
That the team already didn’t believe in Tua Dashaun Watson etc etc.

Flores mishandled him. Once he put Tua in that’s what the season should’ve been about. Or he never should’ve put him in when he did because he wasn’t ready. He wasn’t ready because he was behind the 8 ball due to a combination of him spending so much time rehabbing his injury with the Covid impacted rookie training camp and preseason limiting his reps and ability to learn a new nfl offense.

It was stupid to put him in when he did and then to just yank him like a yo-yo. For what? We weren’t going to win the super bowl that year. Once he put him in he should’ve stuck with him all year because that’s when the season became about developing your number 5 overall pick at QB. Or, he shouldn’t have put him in until he had command of the offense if he was worried about the playoffs.

Whole debacle made me mad and really was the start of the organization not to mention the media tsunami of
Perception and pressure
That the team already didn’t believe in Tua Dashaun Watson etc etc.
This. You don’t plug in a highly drafted rookie quarterback unless you’re committed to him. Also, the idea that we were in contention for anything last year is super stupid. We went 6-3 in the games Tua started and still missed the playoffs. I guess, sure, if he was Aaron Rodgers and we went undefeated, we’d be in contention. In the real world, we were very lucky to even go 10-6, didn’t make the playoffs, and would’ve gotten steamrolled in the first round if we did.

We turned a surprisingly good season into a curse rather than a blessing by stupidly yanking around our potential future franchise QB in hopes Ryan Fitzpatrick—who has never quarterbacked a team to the playoffs ever—could save us.

Tua last year does well, helps Dolphins win 10 games, but is taken out late twice because the HC wants to win, and Tua is all of a sudden thought of as mediocre and weak armed.

Yesterday the HC of the Patriots decides (Rightly so, considering how the few passes he threw looked) to just run the ball more them 97% of time, and not allow Mac Jones to Throw any passes if he they could get away with it. Tomorrow Mac will not be known as a weak armed QB because of it, or Mediocre, but will be rooted to win ROTY for his amazing 19 yard game.

Insanity and Hypocrisy.
you are so right. the media is obviously biased (and not just in football). if Flores and the fish win a game like that of course the media would be saying Tua is weak armed and the coaches don't trust him and all other nonsense..
i was listening to espn radio this am and they were gushing over mac jones and how they have their replacement for Brady and how good he is. He threw 3 f**king passes.. i should go on their website and see if their fans will critique how far those passes went. what was the avg distance thrown?? they won, he MANAGED the game and there is nothing wrong with that. the pats oline is one of the best in the league and teams should play to their strength but to say at this time that mac jones is the answer for the pats yet Tua isn't for us doesn't make sense at this time. i'll have to get back to y'all on that one..

i might be wrong but if I was the QB last night for the pats i think we still win..

Why do ppl care what the media says? I know what I think, and am comfortable in my views. I don't need their reinforcement to support my thoughts.

Absolutely they do. Winning championships, Conference/division titles, stacking double digit win seasons like cord wood, etc will do that.
I remember the Shula teams getting the same benefit of the doubt and praise back in the day.

Problem is Mac will be a “passenger” when we play. He’ll make a couple throws and be crowned as better than Tua. I listen to the NE media a lot and a guy actually called in stating their stats are very similar and the host actually used those benchings from last year as to why Mac is better.

Nobody will realize Tua will be asked to carry the offense and Mac will be asked to make some throws off easy play action looks.

Does not matter to me one way or the other, just stating the hypocrisy of the NFL. How they seem to treat teams differently just because of the name.

Now seeing Refs treat Teams differently, that does bother me, if it hurts my teams chance to win.

Last edited:
We need to beat NE at home to end the season. If Parker and Lindsey remain healthy we should beat them. Tua was better in Alabama and will be better than Jones in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom