Welcome to the world of double standard. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

I prefer the media shower over hype Mac and leave Tua alone - Tua is doing great without them lol
For what it's worth, the media is starting to change the Tua narrative.

Listened to Sirius Radio yesterday and their was some Tua praise.

You can add coaches to that list. As soon as we get a penalty on offense we get ready to punt like clockwork.
We get a 2nd and 15. We run and punt. It's ridiculous.
I haven't seen that during this stretch except when we're backed up inside our own 5 we become super conservative.

I agree. The Patriots would be a very average team without him. A lot of people don’t like him, especially on here but the reality is he is the best coach in the NFL and it really isn’t close.
I will celebrate when he finally decides to retire because only then will the Patriots not be the main team in the AFC East the Dolphins have to deal with every year. Unfortunately I don’t see him retiring any time soon.
Though he will never say it, after he breaks Shula's record, you will see him talking retirement.

Why is that a "problem"? Do you think it affects Tua and the team?

I may, but I doubt it, TBH. I think Tua is mentally stronger than that. He may even derive motivation because of it.

In the sense of being fair, as a matter of public perception? No it isn't, but fairness in media, was a casualty of social media, click counting, and ratings.

Unless one is a hardcore Phins fan, like most of us here, they aren't going beyond sound bytes and hot takes.
True I guess I’m a little more prone to hearing about it because I live 25 minutes from Gillette lol. I’m gonna get it constantly. Would love to beat them but that steamrolling run game will be a major issue.

I’ve heard Marino comps, true story. New England radio think Mac Jones is Dan Marino. Admittedly just when comparing where they were are rookies. I think Boomer Esiason is the one who actually invoked Marino’s name.

To play Devil's Advocate. Waddle said Jones was better than Tua before the draft.
If he was better he would have been starting. Mac can't sniff Tua's talent and Waddle knows it.

Devonta Smith said the same thing (I think?).

They were just trying to pump up their QBs draft stock (Tua was already in the NFL picked #5 overall).

Mac needed it (2nd or 3rd round prospect).

1. Get a running game.
2. Win more games.

They are 9-4. They should be talked about.

Actually he was better then Mac.
I don’t think it matters to FO how Mac Jones was/is playing. We make our decisions based on us, the players/roster and the importance of the game.

Tua was replaced by Fitz but Pats have Stridhsm and Boyer I think, you ain’t gonna bring one of those on

I agree. The Patriots would be a very average team without him. A lot of people don’t like him, especially on here but the reality is he is the best coach in the NFL and it really isn’t close.
I will celebrate when he finally decides to retire because only then will the Patriots not be the main team in the AFC East the Dolphins have to deal with every year. Unfortunately I don’t see him retiring any time soon.
I agree, he creates a game plan that is 100% focused on the game and hand be it Weather, personnel match ups etc.

I remember that one playoff game where he boxed in their best player I think it was a tight end for like three plays in a row they wouldn’t let the guy catch a ball under any circumstances.

Absolutely great strategy by Bellichick. If Buffalo could have slowed down the run game, it would have forced Jones to make some plays.

Hard to believe how successful the New England running attack was.
They have one of the best OL’s in the league and two excellent running backs. Put those two things together, along with a top defense and you are going to win a lot of games. Even if you happen to have a rookie QB who is vastly overrated by the Patriot loving media.

To play Devil's Advocate. Waddle said Jones was better than Tua before the draft.
Just before the draft...Who do you think Waddle would have said was better if Jones was already in the NFL, and Tua was coming out.

Waddle already has said he loves Tua, and playing with him.

Just before the draft...Who do you think Waddle would have said was better if Jones was already in the NFL, and Tua was coming out.

Waddle already has said he loves Tua, and playing with him.
Imo, Waddle gave his honest opinion.
Why does Waddle saying he would rather play with Jones equate to not wanting to play with Tua? They are not mutually exclusive. All Waddle said was , he would rather play with Jones. It was probably a close decision.

I don’t think it matters to FO how Mac Jones was/is playing. We make our decisions based on us, the players/roster and the importance of the game.

Tua was replaced by Fitz but Pats have Stridhsm and Boyer I think, you ain’t gonna bring one of those on
I agree, it should not matter, but because one plays for the Pats and other the Dolphins, it seems to matter to the Media, Refs...

Like I said, to me it's not that big a deal, though it bothers me a bit that Tua has to hear criticism for stupid stuff, while Mac no matter what happens, continues to grow to legendary proportions before our eyes.

Back
Top Bottom