Welcome to the world of double standard. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

Imo, Waddle gave his honest opinion.
Why does Waddle saying he would rather play with Jones equate to not wanting to play with Tua? They are not mutually exclusive. All Waddle said was , he would rather play with Jones. It was probably a close decision.
Because it's a very politically bad question to answer.

Waddle had great stats with both of them, so if they had asked Waddle still in College with Jones and Tua both already in the NFL, most former teammates will never answer that question, whether he does or doesn't really have a favorite.

Either he dislikes Tua, and answered truthfully, or he gave the answer that gets his QB that has still not reached the NFL drafted higher.

You could be right that he prefers Mac over Tua, but he could just as easy either like both of them as QBs, or prefer Tua, but said Mac to get him drafted top 10.

Because it's a very politically bad question to answer.

Waddle had great stats with both of them, so if they had asked Waddle still in College with Jones and Tua both already in the NFL, most former teammates will never answer that question, whether he does or doesn't really have a favorite.

Either he dislikes Tua, and answered truthfully, or he gave the answer that gets his QB that has still not reached the NFL drafted higher.

You could be right that he prefers Mac over Tua, but he could just as easy either like both of them as QBs, or prefer Tua, but said Mac to get him drafted top 10.

I don’t think liking or not liking Tua had anything to do with his answer. He and Smith had both just finished a season in which they won the National Championship and Jones was the QB of that team. Tua was playing in the NFL and neither of them had played with him in over a year and a half.

So both of them picking their teammate who had just led them to a Championship and helped Smith win the Heisman Trophy made perfect sense to me at the time the question was asked. As for right now, that question is totally irrelevant because it certainly hasn’t affected Tua and Waddle on the field and that’s all that matters.

And just to clarify what I meant (and shouldn't have to) is Mac's maturity only. But, Tua fanatics being what they are, we aren't allowed to say anything positive about another QB without somehow in some crazy world demean Tua. Which, is ridiculous.
Y'all need to calm down and stop being so overly sensitive about everything.
That sort of behavior is called "insecurity".

They have one of the best OL’s in the league and two excellent running backs. Put those two things together, along with a top defense and you are going to win a lot of games. Even if you happen to have a rookie QB who is vastly overrated by the Patriot loving media.
Agree. Great formula for success.

Most defenses are geared more to stop the passing game. As always, BB is a step ahead of the trends

Just shows me how important it is for Miami to put resources into drastically improving the running game.

The game yesterday could have easily gone either way tbh... Its not the 1st time Belichek attempts to run over a team like that, I remember him trying to do it to the Fins with playoffs seedings on the line last game of the season, and he lost.

I agree, it should not matter, but because one plays for the Pats and other the Dolphins, it seems to matter to the Media, Refs...

Like I said, to me it's not that big a deal, though it bothers me a bit that Tua has to hear criticism for stupid stuff, while Mac no matter what happens, continues to grow to legendary proportions before our eyes.
I think Jones has had a very good start to his career no doubt but I also think Tua with the same Pats offence would beat Jones’s stats all day.

The game yesterday could have easily gone either way tbh... Its not the 1st time Belichek attempts to run over a team like that, I remember him trying to do it to the Fins with playoffs seedings on the line last game of the season, and he lost.
Too conservative on one drive deep in Buffalo territory IMO. One play action pass and you figure a wide receiver would be wide open. Maybe it's 18-10 late instead of putting the team in a precarious spot

A great game plan, but an entirely different narrative if Buffalo scores on their last drive

Too conservative on one drive deep in Buffalo territory IMO. One play action pass and you figure a wide receiver would be wide open. Maybe it's 18-10 late instead of putting the team in a precarious spot

A great game plan, but an entirely different narrative if Buffalo scores on their last drive
You play out this game with the exact strategy each team took 10 times over and you'd probably get close to both teams being .500. Saying one team was dumb and the other geniuses is simply result oriented overreaction.

We need to beat NE at home to end the season. If Parker and Lindsey remain healthy we should beat them. Tua was better in Alabama and will be better than Jones in the NFL.
They didn't give lyndsay one single carry against the giants after playing so well the week before so don't hold your breath. Flores has a serious chub for his current rb who should be moved to wr where his real talent is and let a true rb have the spot so again, don't hold your breath.

I mean really, can you all imagine this offense with tua's accuracy and game management skills with henry type rb? And topped off by this defense? Big tume rb should be the PRIORITY this off season.

They didn't give lyndsay one single carry against the giants after playing so well the week before so don't hold your breath. Flores has a serious chub for his current rb who should be moved to wr where his real talent is and let a true rb have the spot so again, don't hold your breath.

I mean really, can you all imagine this offense with tua's accuracy and game management skills with henry type rb? And topped off by this defense? Big tume rb should be the PRIORITY this off season.
Lindsay was injured and inactive.

I really don’t care if the biased media claim Jones is better than Tua. Because I know the truth and the truth is Tua is much better than Jones. That is why Jones was Tua’s backup at Alabama and Jones would be struggling with most NFL Teams.

He was fortunate to be drafted by the Patriots who have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and two excellent running back. The Patriots defense is also playing the better than any defense in the NFL at this time and that includes the Dolphins defense.

Listen, im not a fan of Mac Jones, I don't think the can carry a team, but not just any QB would succeed.

Cam Newton couldn't. Others have failed as well.

When Tua goes 28/30 with 23 of those passes within 5 yards of the LOS we praise him. Don't see why everyone is so against Mac doing the same.

I'll tell you this, Tua's arm strength is a great topic of debate on here, but he unquestionably has a stronger arm than Mac does.

Tua varies his velocity a lot b/c of the special touch he can put on the ball...but he's had some throws, especially late this season, where he's really put some sauce on it. Some real zip. Definitely more than anything I've seen from Mac.

Last edited:
Listen, im not a fan of Mac Jones, I don't think the can carry a team, but not just any QB would succeed.

When Tua goes 28/30 with 23 of those passes within 5 yards of the LOS we praise him. Don't see why everyone is so against Mac doing the same.
There will be a group of people on this board that will dislike Burrow and Herbert, because of the 2020 draft. I believe this same group has a similar disdain for Jones because he came out of alabama a year after Tua but had better stats with many of the same players.

I guess they think if they admit those guys are good QBs, it's idolatry.

I've now seen Jones three times.

Kind of hard to get a read on him because New England isn't asking him to do too much.

But there are some good traits. He recognizes where to throw the ball and is accurate. I haven't seen any deep throws so I don't know if that's an area he has to work on.

Jones doesn't have the escapability that Tua has in spades, but he kind of subtlety moves back, like Peyton Manning used to do, to buy time.

I wouldn't sell him short.

There will be a group of people on this board that will dislike Burrow and Herbert, because of the 2020 draft. I believe this same group has a similar disdain for Jones because he came out of alabama a year after Tua but had better stats with many of the same players.

I guess they think if they admit those guys are good QBs, it's idolatry.
And then how about those who are in favor of those other QBs you mentioned, instead of the one we currently have....and because of that preference aren't willing to give the deserved credit to the one that actually dawns the uniform for the team they claim to root for?

Back
Top Bottom