Welcome to the world of double standard. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to the world of double standard.

Problem is Mac will be a “passenger” when we play. He’ll make a couple throws and be crowned as better than Tua. I listen to the NE media a lot and a guy actually called in stating their stats are very similar and the host actually used those benchings from last year as to why Mac is better.

Nobody will realize Tua will be asked to carry the offense and Mac will be asked to make some throws off easy play action looks.
Why is that a "problem"? Do you think it affects Tua and the team?

I may, but I doubt it, TBH. I think Tua is mentally stronger than that. He may even derive motivation because of it.

In the sense of being fair, as a matter of public perception? No it isn't, but fairness in media, was a casualty of social media, click counting, and ratings.

Unless one is a hardcore Phins fan, like most of us here, they aren't going beyond sound bytes and hot takes.

Problem is Mac will be a “passenger” when we play. He’ll make a couple throws and be crowned as better than Tua. I listen to the NE media a lot and a guy actually called in stating their stats are very similar and the host actually used those benchings from last year as to why Mac is better.

Nobody will realize Tua will be asked to carry the offense and Mac will be asked to make some throws off easy play action looks.
I really don’t care if the biased media claim Jones is better than Tua. Because I know the truth and the truth is Tua is much better than Jones. That is why Jones was Tua’s backup at Alabama and Jones would be struggling with most NFL Teams.

He was fortunate to be drafted by the Patriots who have one of the best offensive lines in the NFL and two excellent running back. The Patriots defense is also playing the better than any defense in the NFL at this time and that includes the Dolphins defense.

If you think the Dolphins have the worst run game in the NFL - you're wrong. The Bills easily have this crown

It's absolutely true that if the dolphins ran that much and tua threw three passes the narrative would be his arm is weak, the coaches don't trust him etc..the AFC is wide wide open. So many of the teams above us play one another anything can happen. Fins are in the mix

Tua was woeful on the 2 games he was pulled, if we were out of contention for the playoffs I doubt he would’ve been pulled.
in denver he was getting crap beat out of him and we weren't able to protect him.

i think he was pulled more to prevent injury (not that he was playing terrific under all that pressure).

the raiders he just wasn't playing well that game.

but i agree if we were out of the hunt he probably leaves him in versus the Raiders.

in denver he was getting crap beat out of him and we weren't able to protect him.

i think he was pulled more to prevent injury (not that he was playing terrific under all that pressure).

the raiders he just wasn't playing well that game.

but i agree if we were out of the hunt he probably leaves him in versus the Raiders.
Meh...adversity sparks growth. Leaving him in or taking him out, he was getting adversity in both games lol. I'd have been happier had they left him in. Possible caveat being the Denver game, he could've been dinged up...probably was.

Fitz did give us one hell of a moment in that Raiders game though :)

Meh...adversity sparks growth. Leaving him in or taking him out, he was getting adversity in both games lol. I'd have been happier had they left him in. Possible caveat being the Denver game, he could've been dinged up...probably was.

Fitz did give us one hell of a moment in that Raiders game though :)
he's lucky his neck didn't look like Mike Glennon after that play.

Bill Belichick coaching at its finest, he thinks outside the box and does things that makes you scratch your head. He’s one hell of a coach
I agree. The Patriots would be a very average team without him. A lot of people don’t like him, especially on here but the reality is he is the best coach in the NFL and it really isn’t close.
I will celebrate when he finally decides to retire because only then will the Patriots not be the main team in the AFC East the Dolphins have to deal with every year. Unfortunately I don’t see him retiring any time soon.

I think that knowing Tua was not completely ready to run th Offense, and having him get flummoxed in Denver, you have to cut your losses there and not damage the kids confidence to the point that it never returns that season. It's not a bad thing to watch sometimes from the sideline with a coach in your ear to help figure out what their doing and how to deal with it. At that point he only had a couple of starts and while the future, he was not entirely ready for prime time. The Raiders had the plan and Tua was having a tough day. I don't blame a coach for sitting a player who doesn't have it that particular day. " The sun don't shine on the same dog's @$$ everyday"...

They didn't throw because of the wind. Tell me what games last season we had 30+ mph wind?

Also, most people here arent high on Mac so I don't get your point.

Absolutely great strategy by Bellichick. If Buffalo could have slowed down the run game, it would have forced Jones to make some plays.

Hard to believe how successful the New England running attack was.

Back
Top Bottom