Welker a Chrabet type? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker a Chrabet type?

I tell ya what, if we found a Wayne Chrebet equivalent on the waiver wire, that'd be a coup.

nyjunc said:
He's much better, he just adds to that incredible talent you have. Your backups are better than most starting lineups, it will be a major upset if Miami doesn't win the Super Bowl, it will be a major upset if you lose a game. :rolleyes:

Let's get real please. Welker has exactly ZERO catches and Chrebet as a rookie had 66 catches and that was on the worst offense I had ever seen and just a year removed from HOFSTRA!

He's absolutely right I mean expecting Welker a guy who wasn't even used on a team that needed fast WRs last season to be a great slot receiver is ridiculous. He's a returner guys nothing more. Chrebet had similar physical skills but he had a knack for catching the ball. I mean it's not impossible, but Josh Davis holds far more promise in the #4 or #5 role than Welker does.

nyjunc said:
He's much better, he just adds to that incredible talent you have. Your backups are better than most starting lineups, it will be a major upset if Miami doesn't win the Super Bowl, it will be a major upset if you lose a game. :rolleyes:

Let's get real please. Welker has exactly ZERO catches and Chrebet as a rookie had 66 catches and that was on the worst offense I had ever seen and just a year removed from HOFSTRA!

I think I sensed some sarcasim there, not to sure:D

But if Welker was as good as Chrebet, he would have started last year. It is only a mini camp...lets see what he does in when training camp starts in July.

jribs said:
I think I sensed some sarcasim there, not to sure:D

But if Welker was as good as Chrebet, he would have started last year. It is only a mini camp...lets see what he does in when training camp starts in July.

Chrebet carved his job early, he is a heady player that knows how to get open and use his talents. Welker is a faster player, that may be used in Linehans open offense, but I don't think he will have the success Chrebet had. But Chrebet never had the success or impact welker had on special teams.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Chrebet carved his job early, he is a heady player that knows how to get open and use his talents. Welker is a faster player, that may be used in Linehans open offense, but I don't think he will have the success Chrebet had. But Chrebet never had the success or impact welker had on special teams.

Chrebet only playd STs as a rookie and he was a bad PR, he is a crafty WR who was always open on 3rd downs. He had 1 pro bowl caliber season(was screwed in '98, he should have been a pro bowler) and was goods the rest of his career. He is not just a nice story, he has been a legit starting WR in the NFL.

NJFINSFAN1 said:

Welker had one TD return, thats all. There are lots of better return men in the league.

nyjunc said:
Chrebet only playd STs as a rookie and he was a bad PR, he is a crafty WR who was always open on 3rd downs. He had 1 pro bowl caliber season(was screwed in '98, he should have been a pro bowler) and was goods the rest of his career. He is not just a nice story, he has been a legit starting WR in the NFL.

He is a nice guy also, I have meet him a few times, my neighbor two houses down grew up with him in Garfield NJ, he comes over for partys at least once a year, he spends all his time in the street playing catch with the neighborhood kids when he could be partying out back with the grown ups. He was always a pest when playing the Fins, but your right, a nice story and a good guy! I respect what he has done, you meet him and look at him, and your first thought is, this guy is a WR on a NFL team???

Losman7 said:
Welker had one TD return, thats all. There are lots of better return men in the league.

never said there were not? But he did one hell of a job for us last year, he was very exciting!

Losman7 said:

Yes there are but not many. Returns shouldn't be looked at by TD's, they should be looked at by field position. Who said anything about him being one of the best? You're the one who brought that up.

byroan said:
Yes there are but not many. Returns shouldn't be looked at by TD's, they should be looked at by field position. Who said anything about him being one of the best? You're the one who brought that up.

Thank you!!!!!!!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
What's a Chrabet???

Lets see dude - you got a cartoon taking a pee on the jets emblem and suddenly you are giving me lessons in a spelling bee? and about a jets player none the less.

Back
Top Bottom