Welker a Chrabet type? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker a Chrabet type?

nyjunc said:
It's just another post touting the immense talent of the dolphins, a team so talented that a player that has never caught a pass can be as good as one of the best Jets receivers in the past decade.

I think you've misinterptured the original post. You complain about coming here and seeing Dolphin fans trying to hype up one of our players. I agree sometimes it is very ridicious, but if you don't think every single NFL team has a forum similiar to this that is just as ridiculious. The original poster was asking the question CAN WELKER accomplish what Chrebet has period.

nyjunc said:
It's just another post touting the immense talent of the dolphins, a team so talented that a player that has never caught a pass can be as good as one of the best Jets receivers in the past decade.
Your way off. As other people have said and you wont let it register. He asked IF he could be that type of player not better than Chrebet or even to his level. Just that type of player. It is sad you have to put up this big of fight over it.

AZfinfan said:
I think you've misinterptured the original post. You complain about coming here and seeing Dolphin fans trying to hype up one of our players. I agree sometimes it is very ridicious, but if you don't think every single NFL team has a forum similiar to this that is just as ridiculious. The original poster was asking the question CAN WELKER accomplish what Chrebet has period.

I know there are irrational fans everywhere, I didn't say that was just here. I like this site and wouldn't be here if I didn't. Most of the time I have fun arguments here and get the view of the other side. i'm not trying to be a jerk, if I come across that way I apologize.

AZfinfan said:
I take back my apology, I realize that my comments were made from the quote below and not from the first post on this thread.

better than chrebet...we know Wes is tough...he can tackle on special team...hes faster and has quicker feet... he can kick and punt...he played reciever as a red raider so i know he can catch...he can take it to the house= YAC...best of all hes only 23.

nyjunc said:
I take back my apology, I realize that my comments were made from the quote below and not from the first post on this thread.
Yeah I just realized that too. My bad about the sad part. You definitely should have a go at that post.

raving said:
Reliable, tough, team-player, posession reciever with an occassional break-out play. Could he be?
In My opinion he could become that. They are very similar in size, Welker being 5-9 190 and Chrebet being 5-10 188. So if Wayne isn't too small, then Wes isn't either.
I saw the point made that Wayne had 66 catches a a rookie whereas Wes was only a return man. This is true, but it does not mean that Wes could not eventually be a productive possession receiver similar to Wayne...players develop at different rates, and the situation and opportunities for each player are not exactly the same. For Chrebet to start 16 games as an undrafted rookie at least partially could have meant he had no really good established veterans ahead of him or else there were a lot of injuries in training camp. That Jets team was much worse than last year's Dolphins team and if Chrebet had been an undrafted rookie with us last season, does anyone think he would have gotten much of an equal opportunity to beat out Chambers, Booker and Thompson? He proved he has the talent and ability to be a fine starting NFL receiver, but some that was due to him being in a situation where he had the chance to show it. If Welker gets an equal chance to show what he can do as a WR, then it is possible he could become a similar type of player, though may not necessarily post similar numbers statistically.

A better player to compare Wes to though may be Tim Dwight, who is even smaller at 5-8 and 180 lbs. Tim was a fine KO and punt return man as a rookie but had only 4 catches. From his 2nd season on he began to get the chance to be a 3rd down slot receiver while continuing his return duties

Back
Top Bottom