Welker a Chrabet type? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker a Chrabet type?

nyjunc said:
Brilliance? You beat a 6-10 team that was 6-5 at the time. It wasn't like we were on our way to the SB and it wasn't like it was Dan's spur of the moment idea. It was Kosar's idea and he beat a rookie DB. Great play? absolutely but brilliance?

Im just saying it was a moment of brilliance against anyone, but your right, both comebacks were amazing, unfortunately I only got to see the Jets one live.

Eglese 19 said:
Im just saying it was a moment of brilliance against anyone, but your right, both comebacks were amazing, unfortunately I only got to see the Jets one live.

I got to see both of them live, I liked the last one alot better than the first one :D

raving said:
Reliable, tough, team-player, posession reciever with an occassional break-out play. Could he be?
no. At Welker's size, he is a #5 WR at best and a life long kick returner. He better be taking more reps at WR though because I hate the fact that we use a roster spot for a KR/PR ONLY.

welker hasnt proven that he can play WR in the NFL. hes a decent STer and thats all at this point. some of you guys act like hes the greatest thing on earth.

Welker reminds me a lot of Brandon Stokley from the Colts. I'm not saying he's as talented a reciever as him, but in terms of size, speed, quickness, and hands I really see similarities. Imagine Wes doing what Stokley does for the Colts offense. :pray:

nyjunc said:
He's much better, he just adds to that incredible talent you have. Your backups are better than most starting lineups, it will be a major upset if Miami doesn't win the Super Bowl, it will be a major upset if you lose a game. :rolleyes:

Let's get real please. Welker has exactly ZERO catches and Chrebet as a rookie had 66 catches and that was on the worst offense I had ever seen and just a year removed from HOFSTRA!

Oh...go sod yourself....its a compliment to Chrebet that he is making this comparison. Obviously Miami fans know how effective and important Chrebet has been. Hes basically asking if Welker has that same ability. Why do you Jets fans have to be such knuckleheads?

vt_dolfan said:
Oh...go sod yourself....its a compliment to Chrebet that he is making this comparison. Obviously Miami fans know how effective and important Chrebet has been. Hes basically asking if Welker has that same ability. Why do you Jets fans have to be such knuckleheads?

It's not a compliment, it's someone trying to pump up his own player to a level he can't even dream of. How is it a compliment to compare a player who has been a very solid starter in this league for a decade to someone who doesn't have a catch?

nyjunc said:
It's not a compliment, it's someone trying to pump up his own player to a level he can't even dream of. How is it a compliment to compare a player who has been a very solid starter in this league for a decade to someone who doesn't have a catch?

First he asked if he could be a Chrebet type player...second hes not comparing the two..hes asking IF IF IF IF IF Welker could end up being like Chrebet...and that is a compliment...or why would he ever wonder if Welker could be like a sucky player. So get off your damn high horse and think about it for one second before you come on OUR site and start shooting your mouth off at other fin fans.

vt_dolfan said:
First he asked if he could be a Chrebet type player...second hes not comparing the two..hes asking IF IF IF IF IF Welker could end up being like Chrebet...and that is a compliment...or why would he ever wonder if Welker could be like a sucky player. So get off your damn high horse and think about it for one second before you come on OUR site and start shooting your mouth off at other fin fans.

:yeahthat: well said

vt_dolfan said:
It's just another post touting the immense talent of the dolphins, a team so talented that a player that has never caught a pass can be as good as one of the best Jets receivers in the past decade.

nyjunc said:
Doesn't matter, the Mon Night Miracle was the bigger choke and was seen by the entire Country(at least it was on for the entire Country, I'm sure most turned it off early) and was voted the best MNF game of all time.

It was seen by the entire country, except all the fair whether Jets fans that left in the third because there team was getting beat up then later were allowed to come back in.

HugeFinFan said:
Welker reminds me a lot of Brandon Stokley from the Colts. I'm not saying he's as talented a reciever as him, but in terms of size, speed, quickness, and hands I really see similarities. Imagine Wes doing what Stokley does for the Colts offense. :pray:
i said that too

AZfinfan said:
It was seen by the entire country, except all the fair whether Jets fans that left in the third because there team was getting beat up then later were allowed to come back in.

At least we show up for the start of the game. :lol: A Dolphin fan calling a Jet fan fair weather :lol:

Let me replay the scenario. We were down 30-7 in the FOURTH QUARTER. It was already past midnight, most folks were already groggy from staying up well past midnight to watch the World Series btw the Yanks and Mets. I did not leave but I do not blame any fan for leaving in that situation. Had the place not emptied out I may have left but since I would have been caught in traffic I stayed.

Back
Top Bottom