Welker a Chrabet type? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker a Chrabet type?

nyjunc said:
He's much better, he just adds to that incredible talent you have. Your backups are better than most starting lineups, it will be a major upset if Miami doesn't win the Super Bowl, it will be a major upset if you lose a game. :rolleyes:

Let's get real please. Welker has exactly ZERO catches and Chrebet as a rookie had 66 catches and that was on the worst offense I had ever seen and just a year removed from HOFSTRA!
Awww how I miss the Kotite years. bring him back. he went by the opposite of Herm's slogan; "You play to lose the game" :lol:

wonderl33t said:
Do we even want him playing much WR? Even if he could contribute, look what happened to Dante Hall. He got beat up playing WR and was hurt half the season

The Dante Hall role is actually one I'd love him in. Put him in special plays now and then, that would be great. Trick plays and such.

Boik14 said:
Awww how I miss the Kotite years. bring him back. he went by the opposite of Herm's slogan; "You play to lose the game" :lol:
Wayne fumbled as a PR in Week 17 against you guys in Kottie's last game which cost us the win.

nyjunc said:
Wayne fumbled as a PR in Week 17 against you guys in Kottie's last game which cost us the win.
Yes i remember that. We need to have sessions where we reminisce about past Jet follies more often. Hey remember that fake spike? :tongue:

Boik14 said:
Yes i remember that. We need to have sessions where we reminisce about past Jet follies more often. Hey remember that fake spike? :tongue:

The Dolphin follies are much fresher in the mind :lol:

The fake spike was erased by the Monday Night Miracle which was a much bigger choke by Miami than was the fake spike.

nyjunc said:

The fake spike was erased by the Monday Night Miracle which was a much bigger choke by Miami than was the fake spike.
i dont like you anymore :cry:

nyjunc said:

The Monday Night Miracle was unbeleivable and cost me a lot of sleep for nothing, but that type of thing has been done. The fake spike however was like Marino himself, one of a kind! :D

Eglese 19 said:
The Monday Night Miracle was unbeleivable and cost me a lot of sleep for nothing, but that type of thing has been done. The fake spike however was like Marino himself, one of a kind! :D

Doesn't matter, the Mon Night Miracle was the bigger choke and was seen by the entire Country(at least it was on for the entire Country, I'm sure most turned it off early) and was voted the best MNF game of all time.

nyjunc said:
Doesn't matter, the Mon Night Miracle was the bigger choke and was seen by the entire Country(at least it was on for the entire Country, I'm sure most turned it off early) and was voted the best MNF game of all time.

More than the country, Im in the UK and I saw it. A bigger choke yes, but we had the bigger brilliance.

Eglese 19 said:
More than the country, Im in the UK and I saw it. A bigger choke yes, but we had the bigger brilliance.
Brilliance? You beat a 6-10 team that was 6-5 at the time. It wasn't like we were on our way to the SB and it wasn't like it was Dan's spur of the moment idea. It was Kosar's idea and he beat a rookie DB. Great play? absolutely but brilliance?

nyjunc said:
Brilliance? You beat a 6-10 team that was 6-5 at the time. It wasn't like we were on our way to the SB and it wasn't like it was Dan's spur of the moment idea. It was Kosar's idea and he beat a rookie DB. Great play? absolutely but brilliance?

Depends on your perspective.... :D

phinphan11 said:
Depends on your perspective.... :D

2 unreal comebacks, both were spectacular. I'm not taking anything away from the fake spike, I'm actually glad it happened b/c it spiraled us to the bottom and we eventually got Parcells b/c of it which turned us around and we have been one of the better AFC teams ever since. W/ no fake spike we probably hover around .500 for a nfew years and never see Parcells and never get it turned around.

Jaj said:
He's absolutely right I mean expecting Welker a guy who wasn't even used on a team that needed fast WRs last season to be a great slot receiver is ridiculous. He's a returner guys nothing more. Chrebet had similar physical skills but he had a knack for catching the ball. I mean it's not impossible, but Josh Davis holds far more promise in the #4 or #5 role than Welker does.
I think that alot of people don't consider that there are two kinds of speed. There are alot of guys who can turn in really good 40 times, but they just don't have the quickness off the line that it takes to be a good WR. The burst that gives the separation needed to get open for the catch is what makes the difference. All that said, this is similar to the trend of threads a while back lobbying for half the team to become safeties.

He payed on offense on in mini camp, he has potential, and he could be good.

Back
Top Bottom